The Vice-versa Tarot (finally, a deck with no backs:))

Le Fanu

Maybe draw cards from a bag? Or with eyes closed? I'd find it so hard to choose cards from a deck which had the same front and back design.

It might lead to confusion. Isn't the New Vision called Vice-Versa for the German market?

But it's definitely different!

ana luisa

Maybe draw cards from a bag? Or with eyes closed? I'd find it so hard to choose cards from a deck which had the same front and back design.

It might lead to confusion. Isn't the New Vision called Vice-Versa for the German market?

But it's definitely different!

It is not the New Vision and it will be launched in 2017 according to Lo Scarabeo. I believe they will actually do the picture seen from the front on one side and from the back on the other. And if I'm not mistaken, they would also change the time of the day. I remains to be seen, of course. I have no issues with swooshing instead of riffle shuffling if that's what it takes. I understand your concern about drawing cards but I am fond of using directional cues so it could work for me. And there are no borders !!!!

nisaba

Wasn't there an older deck which had full-colour for the front, and black-and-white sketches for the backs? <racks brain>

I don't have either of them, but it wouldn't be a problem. I'd still shuffle, cut and peel off the top. The shuffling and cutting organises which cards will be pulled, and that would still be a random process. That's what shuffling and cutting is *for*, isn't it, putting the right cards on top of the pile in the right order?

Metafizzypop

Wasn't there an older deck which had full-colour for the front, and black-and-white sketches for the backs? <racks brain>

Yes, it was the Tarot of the Secret Forest, or something with a similar name. And also from LoS, I think.

rwcarter

I'd buy 2 and do what I've done with the Revelations - place one deck in each orientation and then use together as a double deck. So with the Revelations I can get the same card both upright and reversed. And with this deck, I could get the front and back of the same card in a reading.

I know it's called the Vice-Versa somewhere in Europe, but I don't remember where.

Rodney

Nemia

In Germany, the Tarot of the New Vision is called the Vice Versa Tarot.

The Tarot of the Secret Forest has oil (acrylic?) paintings with heavy impasto on one side, and drawings of the same scene on the other. They're not completely identical, they're interpretations of the same scene in different media. As though the artist had seen the magical creatures in the forest, sketched them quickly, and then made a full painting while her memory was kept fresh by the sketches.

In this new tarot, it seems they don't only do the New Vision idea (or gimmick...) of showing the scene from the point of view behind the person, but also one day scene and one night scene.

I admit that I find the execution a bit too polished and lifeless, just like the New Vision. Somewhere between computer graphics and water colours (or very light, smooth oil paintings like the Fountain). Very smooth surfaces. Water would pearl off the perfect skin and smooth fabric of the figures. I'm not really a fan of that style - the Night Sun has similarly uncanny human figures, but it doesn't pretend to have been made in a traditional medium.

The concept is definitely interesting, if not totally original. I just wish they had gone for a bit more lively art...

Alta

Interesting,though I never use my New Vision Tarot. I can't sy if this grabs me or not but would likely buy out of curiosity. (btw, I cannot remember how I acquired my New Vision but it is in English and the box says Vice Versa; I only discovered that it was also called New Vision later).

Farzon

I do like these cards! Interesting that the back sides seem to show symbols of their own. I'm just not sure yet how this will work with all cards. The Vision in the Ten of Cups is really nice but I don't get a grasp on the other ones yet. Any ideas about the sphinx and the snake in the King and Queen of Wands? Just variations of the black cat and the lizards? Should it be that simple?

As for the use: I would shuffle and draw them with my eyes closed and after the reading turn the cards over to see how it changes the meaning. I do this with my Secret Forest as well!

I also can imagine turning a pile while cutting. Just as you would with reversals...

Padma

this is an interesting concept, I find from the images I saw it gives you two such different points of view/takes on the same card...I like it!