Visual Sun, Moon, and Star tarot cards

grubbaj0

Hi all,

I am looking for decks with powerful, visually stunning sun, star, and moon cards (particularly the sun). They do not speak to me in the Rider-Waite deck. I have found some stunning moon cards (like in Pagan Otherworlds) but have had a particularly hard time finding great sun and start cards. I love the Pagan Otherworlds and Prisma but the sun doesn't speak to me in these decks. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Laura Borealis

It comes down to personal preference, doesn't it? The Moon and Star of the Fey Tarot are two of my very favorite versions of those cards - the Sun, slightly less so, though I still appreciate it. But the Fey doesn't have universal appeal, being too cute or cartoony for many people.

However, the Daniloff Tarot has beautiful, Medieval-inspired art, which you might like. Sorry my pics are a little small, I grabbed them off the net instead of hooking up my scanner.

I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions. I hope you find something that appeals to you.

Attachments

• Fey Star Moon Sun.jpg
    Fey Star Moon Sun.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 690
  • Daniloff Star Moon Sun.jpg
    Daniloff Star Moon Sun.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,163

RavenOfSummer

I love my Sacred Sites tarot for these cards. Attaching some images I grabbed from the web.IMG_0355.JPGIMG_0356.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Falcor

Check Tarot of Dreams and Chrysalis decks. I find the images amazing.

RavenLuna

TBH I don't think you can beat Thoth for visually stunning and powerful Star, Moon, and Sun cards. The Sun in particular is gorgeous!

If you are at all interested in the Welsh myths, Llewellyn's are really beautiful, but the minors are not as detailed.
Star = Branwen
Moon = Lake of Maidens with full moon and flying owl
Sun = Llew Llaw Gyffes

Honourable mentions go to Mystic Faerie, Shadowscapes and The original Mythic for being so beautiful, but not quite as powerful.

agviz

Agreed about the Daniloff! I also like the Mary-el Sun and Moon quite a bit, but the Star no so much.

RavenOfSummer

If you are at all interested in the Welsh myths, Llewellyn's are really beautiful, but the minors are not as detailed.
Star = Branwen
Moon = Lake of Maidens with full moon and flying owl
Sun = Llew Llaw Gyffes

Seconding the Llewellyn tarot- the sun, moon, and star are wonderful!

nisaba

The Lebanese. Stunning stuff.