Trung Nguyen

Laiste

I just found this beautiful little gem, a tarot work in progress from Trung Nguyen! It's difficult to present you a link, the most easiest is to google him and click on images, most worthwhile the effort! The major arcana are already complete next to a few minor :)

His website is trungles.com and if you would be interested to support him you can through patreon.

With love
Sara*

gregory

Pretty. BUT - I won't do patreon, sorry.

Laiste

Pretty. BUT - I won't do patreon, sorry.

Hi Gregory, I just mentioned this, it's no obligation at all, I just mention the things I found out :)

Well I'm a big fan of anime, I love the coloruse and somewhere it resembles to the style of art nouveau to me. Three aspects I really like :D

gregory

Oh I agree - it's lovely. Little Red has done an interview with the artist, too.

But weekly or monthly regular donations - no. If he'd do a kickstarter I'd back it.

Aeric

I agree. The art is magnificent, but he hasn't even completed the Majors. Regrettably we've seen people back works in progress and jump through hoops to get their money back when the projects fall apart. I'm a Tarot reader and I'm only interested in his Tarot deck for the time being. I'll back this when there is a finished template to create a product to sell.

I love the almost completely gender neutral designs. Nguyen's implied the sex titles Priestess, Empress and Emperor do not imply specific types of people. It could be anybody and everybody in each card.

Laiste

Hi, I have the feeling I better didn't mention about the patronage, I just posted this because I like the deck and wanted to share this and wanted to talk about the deck, the art and feeling of the deck. I was so happy to have found something new and beautiful and wanted to share this with you.

And about the backing, it's actually not only his tarot but all of his work ;) he also makes a lot of other work like comic etc its patronage and not backing for 1 project but all of his projects. I just mentioned this because I know there are people who like to sponsor artists, young artist. There wasn't any meaning behind it. I find it a pity it goes about that aspect and not his work, sorry :(

gregory

No - it's fine to post about his seeking funds. (Little Red has done too, in her interview.) Sooner or later people would have been asking where to buy the deck, and...

It's a lovely deck so far; I wish he had more of it completed, enough to start a kickstarter. I don't want any of his other work, and I can't honestly afford simply to sponsor an artist, however good; I WOULD like to support him by buying the deck, though.

Laiste

No - it's fine to post about his seeking funds. (Little Red has done too, in her interview.) Sooner or later people would have been asking where to buy the deck, and...

It's a lovely deck so far; I wish he had more of it completed, enough to start a kickstarter. I don't want any of his other work, and I can't honestly afford simply to sponsor an artist, however good; I WOULD like to support him by buying the deck, though.

I'm feeling actually the same, I mentioned it for those who are interested but I also are only interested in the deck and am curious and looking forward to what it will become :)

Laiste

He also did the 10 of cups in the Light Grey Tarot :)

lantana

I think what Laiste is trying to say is that the paetron isn't for funding the deck at all, just a way to support the artist if you are able and willing.
For example: Noel Heimpel, the creator of the Numious Tarot, also has a paetron but has made it clear that the deck itself will be funded by a Kickstarter when it's complete. Nyugen will probably do the same or something similar, judging by the caption on this post: http://artoftrungles.tumblr.com/post/147799133522/ive-been-getting-a-lot-of-individual-messages-and

Anyway, along with the 10 of Cups in the Light Grey, he also did the Uranus card in the Light Grey's Cosmos deck. I'm really excited to see how this deck looks near completion, especially with the multiple Lovers cards.