Leo Sun, Scorpio Moon

Adele

Minderwiz...

does this mean that the wrong year came up (2063) and that is why the planets/hses/signs were mixed up?

Adele

wondering...

Minderwiz... I am wondering if that would have been a better chart for me... except for saturn on the asc... don't like that one!... I like the moon placement in the 10H in aries, as opposed to having my actual moon in the 12H... lol...and venus in the 1H is nice too... very interesting!

Minderwiz

Adele,

Yes - different year, different planetary positions, though still a Leo birth and Cancer Ascendant.

Your actual chart shows weak Water, which is often interpreted as being distrustful of emotions and feelings or finding that you don't understand your feelings. Looking at your placements you have good placements in the Houses of Endings (or Soul) so this should be something you will 'grow out of' with experience.

Do you think that's a reasonable conclusion?

Adele

Minderwiz...

well I have mercury (planet of the mind) squaring my moon (planet of emotions) ... so not being in harmonious aspect to one another I tend to not be clear on my emotions... sort of like trying to make sense of them on an intellectual/mental level... sorting them out.

as for low on water... my asc is cancer and mc is pisces... so this sort of balances it out... somewhat.

my hse of endings/soul (4H, 8H, 12H) form a grand trine in air element... so kind of a mixed energy there. don't know what to make of that? my moon is very strong b/c it is my asc ruler but it is in an air sign and a water hse... mixed energies.

Minderwiz

Yes you will get some compensation from the Water MC and ASC - the Houses of Endings give the most compensation because they force you to learn how to overcome the lack of Water in planetary positions.

The Moon is a significant planet because of its rulership of the Ascendant sign, though Jupiter has most essential dignity at your Ascendant - so you might look to Jupiter as a possible chart ruler, especially as you were born during a Jupiter hour. Further the Moon is peregrine in Gemini, and as you have noted before the twelfth is not a good placement and it's also waning.

The Moon gains from its sextiles to Sun, Venus and Jupiter all of which give it some support. It's also trined by Saturn in its own rulership, however Saturn is in the eighth, again not a good placement.

Jupiter rules the Fire triplicity by night so it is actually in an essentially stronger position than the Moon - add to that its placing in the tenth and I would seriously suggest Jupiter as your chart ruler, especially as it trines the Sun and Venus and is sextile to the Moon and Saturn. A well placed and well aspected planet.

Adele

thanks...

yes, this is true... thank you.

jupiter is also retro... so although it is in an energized hse (10H)... it is not as strong as if it were not retro... what do you think about that? I know retro makes the planet latent in its energy.

although a very lucky placement in aries in the 10H... great for enthusiasm! and a very spiritual placement... as well as the moon in the 12H... I also do vedic astrology and have the moon exalted in taurus in the 12H of spirituality! so happy about that.

thanks for your insight. God bless

Minderwiz

Yes Jupiter is retrograde and might be weakened traditionally, however at a more modern level you might treat this as directing Jupiter's energy inwardss rather than outwards - the Jupiter experience is a more personal one.

What's more Jupiter has only recently stationed Retrograde and is about three minutes from its Station positon. At the stations, planets can be seen to be charged with energy accumulated during the slowing process - Erin Sullivan links the trines to an 'easy going person, who feels gifted in some way and frequently is'. Even a traditional Astrologer (like me) might attribute some power to this placement.

Adele

Minderwiz...

hi... this is true re: retro planets... they are closer to the earth energy and so draw the energy in... it is a wonderful aspect having jupiter trine sun & venus... a blessing one is born with... also retro planets in (vedic/hindu astrology) are planets that energies need to be harmonized in this lifetime... we need to learn to work w/ those planet's energies.

have you heard about this? I don't know if the same goes for western astrology w/ retro planets.

what about chiron and chiron rx? retro making it more powerful also... my chiron is conjunct my mc in pisces.

now... having the jupiter/mars opposition and jupiter (except for jupiter forming the kite formation) makes this placement somewhat difficult b/c both planets are in cardinal signs and in cardinal/energizing hses!

so what do you think about that? do you think b/c the jupiter is the possible chart ruler... as you stated previously... that the jupiter energy will win out? I know oppositions are about balancing the energies and finding the middle ground.

what is your opinion on this?

Minderwiz

Jupiter is in a very loose opposition to Mars - and oppositions to benefics tend to be somewhat softened. Mars does rule Jupiter and could be seen as a secondary ruler of the tenth, which is ruled by Jupiter, so I don't think that disputes' between them are likely to get out of hand - especially if you work from home.

You mention a kite involving Jupiter - I'm afraid my program doesn't show one - can you tell me which planets are involved.

Adele

Minderwiz...

hi... that is really good to know about jupiter/mars opposition and I didn't put it together that mars rules the 10H anyway! so that is very good to know/realize.

okay... there are actually 3 kite formations in my chart... which I find quite interesting...

they are and involved the grand trine w/ mars (4H), saturn (8H), moon (12H)... jupiter is forming the kite (mars/jupiter opposition) in 10H.

and then... again involving the grand trine w/ mars/moon/saturn as above... but this time venus/saturn opposition (venus 2H, saturn 8H)... venus is forming the kite in 2H... and also the sun/saturn opposition (sun is forming the kite in 2H).

I don't know if this would actually be 3 kites (w/ sun/venus forming a kite)... but if anything there are definitely 2 kites... kites in a chart are extremely creative energies/talents... they provide a focus for the grand trine via the kite... whereas with a grand trine the energies just may lay there... the native doing nothing w/ them... so I find this quite interesting.

and w/ oppositions the key is to try to balance both energies b/c they tend to be pulling in opposite directions... and I have it w/ sun/saturn, venus/saturn, mars/jupiter.