What kind of spread do you use for your daily draw?

KarmaPug

My daily spread is a three card spread:

1. Card of the Day (i.e. aspects/tone of the day)
2. Attend to (issues of the day to attend to)
3. Look out for (things that might arise during the day)

This seems to have worked for me on a daily basis.

If I'm having something expected to come up in the next week that may be stressful (such as at work), I may do a reading on a Saturday or Sunday night to see how the next week will be like, if there's anything that may need attention (which then I use the Celtic Cross).

AJ

I don't use a spread, only a single card, and I don't use it as future telling but as advice

AllMadHere

Daily spread

I found a really cool Daily Three Card spread by thehangedgirlreadscards over on Pinterest. The first card is: What to be aware of today. Second card: What to remember today. Third card: What to let go of today.
I really like it. :)

EarthAngel2911

I used to do just one card a day, "What energies will I be working with today?"
Then I played around with 3-card-draws read as a grouping: no positions, all cards read in relationship to each other (Robert Place's method). :)

Lately I've been doing 2 cards, "Do This, Not This", and I've been enjoying this one very much. I get a lot of information, and with only 2 cards, I can always find time to do my draws. :)

onesun

I do a daily Challenge of the Day 3 Card'r

1) Atmosphere
2) Advice
3) Gift - if advice is put into action

If necessary only one clarifier if I'm unclear.. because I'm still very new.

winemermaid

THANK YOU!

I am so glad I came across this thread! After being out of touch with my cards for over two years, I've been called back to learn and grow some more. I've been pondering what daily spread I should do since when I do a 1 card spread only, I end up drawing more for clarification (usually ends up 4-5 cards) and it's lacking a structure for me.

I'm going to give a hand at the 1/234 spread that @emily2otters posted here in this thread [1: major inner forces, 2: Expression, 3: Major Outer Forces, 4: Best Advice] (which I believe might have originally been posted here as I haven't been through the whole thread yet: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4765&highlight=best+daily+spreads). It looks right up my ally and just what I was looking for (or more so what my intuition was looking for that is)! I also love the idea of the Head/Heart/Hands daily spread so I may be trialing that one as well! :)

And I LOVE the idea of doing an upcoming weekly spread (why have I not thought that? haha). I'll be trying this out this coming Sunday with the 7/8 spread (7 days + overall week ahead). Excellent spread ideas, many many thanks!!! Lots of exciting new spreads to sample!

rachelcat

These are some nice spreads! I like the "gift" idea.

I was getting astrology.com's daily tarot emails, but they recently changed it to just majors, and I don't think that really works for a daily thing, so I've just gone back to pulling an actual card for the day, using Tarot Affirmations. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/affirmations/ (I think it's out of print now, sorry for any enabling . . .) It's a nice, uplifting start to my day. Ironically, 2 of the 4 I've drawn so far have been majors! (Justice for today.)

For quite a while, I didn't really "get" affirmations. Years ago I attended a class with Mary Greer, and one of the exercises was to create an affirmation for a randomly chosen card. I totally came up blank. I joked that I failed affirmations. It was after that that I bought the Affirmations deck, now that I think about it. Trying to make up for my deficiencies, I guess.

But affirmations started to click for me when I started playfully drawing an animal of the day from Creature Teacher http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/creature-teacher-oracle/ (just whenever, not every day). It's for kids, but the simplicity works for me. So I guess I had to start with affirmation training wheels.

So, let's see, where's this going . . . Uh, try affirmations for your daily draw! (Yeah, that's the ticket! :angel:)

Teyata

I found a really cool Daily Three Card spread by thehangedgirlreadscards over on Pinterest. The first card is: What to be aware of today. Second card: What to remember today. Third card: What to let go of today.
I really like it. :)

I like this spread, AllMadHere! Some of the other spreads here are also thought-provoking. Thanks for sharing, y'all!

Lately, I've been doing a single daily card draw for inspiration and meditation. Using a single card is more manageable for me. I started doing them at night before I go to bed, and the card applies not only for that night but also throughout the next day.

I choose a random deck, shuffle, cut once, and draw the top card. I look at the card I drew for a few moments and respond in my journal with at least 3 sentences. Sometimes I only have "statement" responses but ideally I try to come up with questions and challenges for myself for the next day.

I do my daily draws at night so that I can dream about the cards, but I haven't any directly-related dreams yet!