astrology study group ~ cancer

isthmus nekoi

Glad to hear a positive Saturn transit story! ^_^

punkangelgcm437

Cancerless

I dont have any cancer in my chart that I know of.

Gemini cusps over both 6 & 7, the 8 is Leo. No cancer there.

None of my planets are in Cancer, my Rising is Sagittarius.

I have no Cancer in me. ::sniffles:: Is this possibly why I have trouble understanding them sometimes (well that and Libra & Cancer are Squared signs)??

~Much Love~
~Sarah~

isthmus nekoi

hey punkangel, welcome to the group!

w/Cancer intercepted in your 7th house indicates that Cancer is a latent aspect of your attitude towards relationships, one that isn't as readily apparent as an Gemini approach. You may want to consider Cancer as a secondary ruler to your 7th house. So look to both your mercury *and* moon placement to see how your relationships will play out (ie. Which houses/signs will you find moon/mercury? Who are the planets aspecting? Any difficult aspects? etc)

Noel Tyl writes that a house w/an intercepted sign may also become more significant. (This is partly b/c the house is larger and transiting planets will spend more time there.)

rainwolf

Well since we're in the sign of cancer, I thought we could revive this thread.

My Moon is in aquarius and I don't have anything in cancer; I don't have anything in my fourth house.

Moon in aquarius: "Very assertive feminine energy.... People with this placement nurture from a distance and will gravitate towards relationships with people with a similar tendency." ~Johnstone, "The complete book of astrology"

My moon:
semi-sextile's jupiter: good; i think this means I am generous with emotion.

sextile's north node, saturn, and sun; favorable. In regards to saturn, I believe this is how i can control emotions for the most part. With the sun, it has a good balance, but im not sure about the north node--i cant find a keyword for it so i'll leave it til' later.

Also a weak sextile to pluto. Does this combine redoing and completely changing emotions?

light2000

Hello!!

The only planet i have in cancer is mars at the 12th house but whith a lot of aspects, the only planets that dont have aspects whith it is juptier, neptuno, moon and the rising sun.

What makes this a lot more of importance.
The cancer in mars say that i´m only violent whith words, and a lot of tension.
I think this gives me more resentements, and anger.

But i dont see me much like this.
I had a lot of porblems at my childhood and i kept resentements but now i dont have it, but the thigs has very hard so...

purplefishy

W/cancer in my moon in the 9th, I've always been fond of travel. But, once I get used to living in a new place/city/country, I always consider it to be my new "home" away from home. I get very emotionally attached to the places I travel where I spend a lot of my time.

feticeira

Let´s see...

- Cancer cusps my 12th house.

- I have Sun, Venus and Mercury in Cancer, major aspects:
1)They trine my Saturn, Pluto and Mars which are in my fourth house, cusped by Scorpio (more water there).
2)They oppose my Jupiter and Neptune.

- My Moon is in Aries, 9th house (conjunct MC). Aspects:
1) Squares my ascendant
2) Opposes Pluto
3) Trines Neptune

I´m not really here to try to interpret in detail so much Cancer and so many major aspects concerning the sign in my chart. I just somehow and somewhat understand it in my head. But I do know that I am a trademark Cancer if my moodiness is any indication. And the whole tough exterior/ soft on the inside thing too.

feticeira

isthmus nekoi said:
Purplefishy, I shall always think of you as the watery one ^_^

Me too! I always think that when I see a post by Purplefishy.

And thanks to everyone, this thread is excellent I´ve learned so much.

isthmus nekoi

feticeira said:
Let´s see...

- Cancer cusps my 12th house.

- I have Sun, Venus and Mercury in Cancer, major aspects:
1)They trine my Saturn, Pluto and Mars which are in my fourth house, cusped by Scorpio (more water there).
2)They oppose my Jupiter and Neptune.

- My Moon is in Aries, 9th house (conjunct MC). Aspects:
1) Squares my ascendant
2) Opposes Pluto
3) Trines Neptune

I´m not really here to try to interpret in detail so much Cancer and so many major aspects concerning the sign in my chart. I just somehow and somewhat understand it in my head. But I do know that I am a trademark Cancer if my moodiness is any indication. And the whole tough exterior/ soft on the inside thing too.

To deepen your interpretation, let's factor in the 12th house.... You say you can identify w/Cancerian traits, but have you ever had to hide them in anyway? (Or is this mitigated by the fact that you may have a Cancer ASC, and a prolific Aries moon?)

Also, Neptune contacts both your Cancer planets and moon. How do you think diffusive and fuzzy Neptune has affected these placements? Perhaps you are more sensitive, pick up energy more readily etc?

feticeira

isthmus nekoi said:
To deepen your interpretation, let's factor in the 12th house.... You say you can identify w/Cancerian traits, but have you ever had to hide them in anyway? (Or is this mitigated by the fact that you may have a Cancer ASC, and a prolific Aries moon?)

Also, Neptune contacts both your Cancer planets and moon. How do you think diffusive and fuzzy Neptune has affected these placements? Perhaps you are more sensitive, pick up energy more readily etc?

Actually my ASC is in 1ºLeo, and yes I´ve spent great amounts of energy hiding cancerian traits in the past. But usually I just don´t come across as a Cancer. My chart is almost split 50/50 between water and fire signs and placements, I have little air and earth. I feel my Aries moon is a very strong influence. It seems like I project the watery traits in a firey way and viceversa, I hope that makes sense to you!
As for Neptune´s trine with Moon I think it has manifested in my trusting and using my intuition before heart and mind, this has to do also with the 9th house (cusped by taurus) placement of my Moon. I do pick up energy instantly and use it practically.
And Neptune´s opposition to Sun and Mercury means that everything I described above about my intuition tends to translate into "I can´t explain it but that´s how it works" moments. Which are many and can be quite baffling to other people since they come in a very Aries way, I simply charge head-on and lightning quick depending on these intuitive moods and warnings I get.