Osho Zen Study Group - Discussion (split from The Moon thread)

September Pixie

was there once a study group of Osho Zen?

OtherWise

searching for an Osho Zen Tarot study group

Hello peeples
This is my second coming (return) to the wonderful aeclectic community after a long break and after culling my collection of tarot packs I retain my original Rider Waite and my Osho Zen
The Osho Zen is the one I want to get to know better and was wondering if there's anyone else out there in AT land that might be interested in pondering these beautiful images and their symbolism with me?
thanks muchly for reading this
La

fyreflye

OtherWise said:
Hello peeples
This is my second coming (return) to the wonderful aeclectic community after a long break and after culling my collection of tarot packs I retain my original Rider Waite and my Osho Zen
The Osho Zen is the one I want to get to know better and was wondering if there's anyone else out there in AT land that might be interested in pondering these beautiful images and their symbolism with me?
thanks muchly for reading this
La

This is the only deck I use (as opposed to those I collect) and I'd be happy to participate in such a group if there was sufficient energy to sustain one. There was at one time a card-a-day thread using the OZT that finally petered out.
However, the only way to deal with this deck on its own terms is not only to understand but resonate with Osho's worldview. You might be able to read it intuitively from your own point of view but this would not be reading the deck Padma intended to create. Despite its title this deck is not about "Zen" at all; it's about Osho's interpretation of Zen, which would surely be rejected by nearly all the professional Zen teachers and practicioners around today. Anyone interested in getting in tune with this deck can choose among the over 400 books and who knows how many tapes of Osho's talks extending from around 1970 to his death in 1991. Let me recommend The Grass Grows by Itself, a paperback fairly easily and cheaply found online. Read it not to get facts or even opinions but as poetry, which is what it is. If you find yourself in tune with what you read (or if you're lucky enough to find tapes, hear) you will be able to communicate with this deck without study, without memorization, without referring to the companion book, without joining a study group - without, in fact, any props at all. It's as clear as could be to anyone who's in tune with it, which is something much different from "liking" it.

OtherWise

thanks

Thanks Fyreflye - I will endeavour to search out the readings of Osho. I have read a little from the Osho site today and so far as I've read do find resonance in the material.

Thank you too Indigo Rose - interestingly I began resonating with this deck when focusing on karma and the repeative patterns in my life (those lessons that keep coming back to bite you when you don't pay them the attention they deserve) I have managed to avoid further repeats by consciously recognising the patterns and changing my behaviour/attitudes. (curious that this should be the message of the thread and your post!)

I did not recognise the name Osho when I purchase the deck years ago - (fell in love with the images) although his influence was large at one stage of my life (decades ago in the 80's) when my best friend was one of the follows of Rajneesh ('scuse the spelling)

Think I'll just continue to acquaint myself with the cards and post on individual ones I get stuck on.

ta
LA

Judith D

I would love to be part of a study group on Osho Zen. I am a newbie both at this forum and with tarot, so am not sure how to go about all this, and will act on whatever suggestions / directions are offered.
I bought the cards on a recent visit to Australia - I wanted a special reminder of the visit, and chose to look for another deck. This one refused to be left behind in the shop! I can see lots of similarities in some ways to a more 'traditional' deck (I use Robin Wood) but many of the cards take you off in a very different direction. The images are real triggers to the mind and emotions.

Indigo Rose

Judith D said:
I would love to be part of a study group on Osho Zen. I am a newbie both at this forum and with tarot, so am not sure how to go about all this, and will act on whatever suggestions / directions are offered...... The images are real triggers to the mind and emotions.

Hi Judith! I will start an Osho Zen Study Group for us and we can take it from there. I look forward to exploring this unique deck.

Peace
:heart: Indigo Rose

Indigo Rose

Hi Judith,
I have gotten us started with the Fool. Here is a link to the thread:

Osho Zen Study Group: The Fool

Please any and all who want to join in and help us learn this great deck....lend your thoughts and knowledge!! :)

See you there!

:heart:

Sulis

I've started an Index thread for this group - you can find it Here

Have fun :)

Indigo Rose

OtherWise said:
Think I'll just continue to acquaint myself with the cards and post on individual ones I get stuck on.

ta
LA

Please join us and add input when you can. Even if you're not stuck, and just want to post your experiences with the cards....it would be great. :)

Peace
:heart: