Osho Zen: King of Fire; "The Creator"

Briar Rose

My first impression of this card was to Harness energy using or understand your Stomach Charka.

Then I peaked at the book, and looked at the next card, "Sharing" and it read , .....moving up the Heart Charka. So I got the Creator card's vibration.

The Stomach Chakra is called Manipura, and it means, "Lustrous Gem", It's element is Fire, and represents vitality, and power.

So what I have learned from this card is, if we develope our will, directing raw energy of the body according to intentions set by consciousness then we Harness our energy and we control it, and it doesn't run wild.

Do you think I got it right?

Love&Light,

Aurora

Alectra

HeavensVault said:
My first impression of this card was to Harness energy using or understand your Stomach Charka.

Then I peaked at the book, and looked at the next card, "Sharing" and it read , .....moving up the Heart Charka. So I got the Creator card's vibration.

The Stomach Chakra is called Manipura, and it means, "Lustrous Gem", It's element is Fire, and represents vitality, and power.

So what I have learned from this card is, if we develope our will, directing raw energy of the body according to intentions set by consciousness then we Harness our energy and we control it, and it doesn't run wild.

Love&Light,

Aurora

You know it is interesting. I read with this deck alot but I have never thought about the corolations between chakras and the cards. For me this card reminds me alot of the Ace of Wands. When I draw it for myself it always comes up as the start of an idea. I actually dont care for this card too much but after reading your interpetation of the card I almost see it in a different light. I think that is a great way of putting it.

A~

Alan Ross

The description of this card in the book brings to my mind the Buddhist concept of egolessness. In the West, a strong ego is often considered to be a good thing, but in Buddhism and in many other mystical traditions the ego is regarded as an obstacle to spiritual progress. A strong identification with ego can create a wall that prevents our true authentic self from shining forth. When we drop all of our defense mechanisms, pretenses, social masks, etc., we become 100% real, with no difference between who we are inside and what we display on the outside. With no barriers, there is nothing to hide. With no ego, no "self" to defend, there is nothing to protect. As one Zen teacher put it, "no self, no problems."

Grizabella

The book also speaks about the mystic, who creates his life as a masterpiece, being the only kind of creator. It goes on to say that we're already a masterpiece if we can only get self out of the way.

I've been sober (as a lot of people here know) for going on 22 years now and "self" is one big enemy of the recovering person, so this card makes a lot of sense to me. I'm no stranger to what concentration on self can do to a person and a life.

I have lots of trouble with the idea that I'm a masterpiece simply because God created me, though, but that just goes back to a whole lot of issues I still have from all the years of abuse (40, in fact). I've been trying to accept that I don't have to do anything to be that masterpiece for a long time. I'm coming closer, but haven't gotten there yet.

Are we going to just discuss the card, what we see in it art-wise and such, or are we going to actually talk about what the card means to us like I just did?

Alan Ross

Lyric said:
Are we going to just discuss the card, what we see in it art-wise and such, or are we going to actually talk about what the card means to us like I just did?
Speaking for myself, I would much prefer hearing about how each of us relates to the cards from both personal beliefs and personal experiences, just as you have. To me, this isn't just about learning card significances and comparing notes on artwork. This is an opportunity for personal growth. I don't mind airing out a few of the skeletons in my closet if it will aid the process.

I have my own personal issues with "self." I grew up feeling rejected by my parents and as a result, I've struggled most of my life with deep-seated feelings of personal inadequacy. These feelings have sabotaged me again and again, preventing me from asserting myself and making the best use of my talents and abilities. Instead, I often find myself trying to avoid rejection by saying and doing things that I think others will approve of. I have this carefully constructed "self" that is nice and accomodating, but isn't authentic. I do feel that I'm a good person at the core of my being, but being a good person isn't the same thing as "nice" or "accomodating." I really feel that I need a lot more work in learning how to create a life that is a true reflection of who I really am. I believe this card has a great deal to teach me.

Briar Rose

It's hard for me to open up, so I hope that everyone gives me a chance.

This set of Tarot cards is very different than other sets. It really does peal away ego and self. I too am so worried about being liked all the time that I forget just how to be myself. I worry too much about how I come across.

I made a new thread for the next card. I wish we could write about the complete suit, and then look at it as a whole instead of posting individual threads on each card.

Does anyone finish the study groups with 78 cards?

Judith D

If we all open up the way this thread is doing so far, this will be a difficult, painful but highly illuminating and satisfying way to learn.

This card correlates to the King in a traditional deck, so I feel I am going backwards - but no matter.

This man is called the Creator, but for me he has created himself already - he holds the energy at his third chakra - solar plexus centre (yellow) which deals with self empowerment, ego (the little 'e' type, not the Ego). But I look at this and see someone who has so completed his self-awareness that he has gone beyond - up to the sixth chakra (the dark fire behind his head) of knowledge and understanding, and is therefore ego-less. He is still, calm, so grounded his feet are below the level of the ground shown, and the light of his 'self' does not burn him up. In fact, all the light radiates from him.
I find this card inspiring. He has made the journey through the fire element and is in control without manipulation, a ruler without a rod, a judge with no need for law.
It is encouraging to think that if I go through this journey myself, I can also end up in this place.
For personal experience? I really want to get there!!! I have worked on 'self' for years now, and do feel that the journey is worth it, and makes a difference. I have come the route through death, murder, financial ruin, illness - in any old order you choose, and all the usual nonsense - and truly believe that healing lies in our response and our learning to accept, rather than in removal of cause. On the good days I really believe this is all possible and happening, but I slip back so often (just come through a real doozie, too), but I do recognise that it is totally up to me to pick up and start again - create the right image for myself instead of falling into the old pit. So I must be my own Creator each and every day.

Grizabella

I think this card is about peeling away (or burning away) the layers of the self we think we are----the self we've built artificially----to finding and fully accepting the self we really are. Anything we build ourselves is false. Who and what we are as the creation of God (add name you choose) is the only self that matters, and we have to try to find and accept that, whatever it is.

For instance, when I first got sober, I asked my HP to show me what He put me here to do. What my gift was, in other words. I promised that whatever that gift was, if he'd show me that, then I'd do that for the rest of my life, even if it was changing diapers or digging ditches. I also asked that it be revealed to me in such a dramatic way that I couldn't miss it, because I'm usually oblivious to the obvious.

I'll spare everyone the long story, but it turned out to be writing, and it was revealed to me in such a way that I absolutely couldn't mistake it for having been the answer to this prayer. But the answer was more emotionally devastating to me than anything else could have been. I've written all my life, ever since I learned how, but I've been punished, beaten, ridiculed, you name it----and to discover that that was my gift-----that thing that I'd always felt was my dirty little secret compulsion---rocked my world to the point that I almost lost it. (I'm a sick puppy, people. I've been on this spiritual journey for tons of years and have had a lot to process.) Anyway, that experience jerked the rug from under me in a tremendous way as far as finding out who I really am. I don't have the words to express what this did to me emotionally at the time---or rather, I've probably got the words, but like I said, I'll spare everyone.

That's what this card signifies to me. That the Creator has had the courage to go through whatever it took for him to burn off all the layers of the self he'd built up to find the self his God created him to be, even if it was someone so totally foreign to who he thought he was that it was as hard to deal with as it was for me.

armonia

osho zen King of Fire: The Creator

I connect this card, The Creator, also to the major arcana, Creativity. One who creates, is in one way or another, interacting with a higher power. Creating in any form, is an act of passion and self-expression, be it a meal you are preparing for yourself, a movie you are producing, a painting, a poem, a garden.
Julia Cameron's "The Artist's Way," stresses creative affirmations, and succinctly links the act of creating with God. In order to create, you must let God create through you. This card to me is a powerful affirmation of the creative energy within us all. I love the white pure light glowing around the creator, and the overall orange colour used on the card, with his garment and the orange in the sky (chakra 2).

squeakmo9

HeavensVault said:

Love&Light,

Aurora

Yes, that's why I think this card's name is so apt, because once we harness that energy with our intentions (as you have so nicely stated) we become the creators of our own selves and lives.
This card just gives me great hope that everything that was once down, can be reconstructed, regenerated, being better than it ever was. The phoenix rises with this card, clear out of the ashes.