OshoZen - Fire: "Sharing" (Queen of Fire)

Briar Rose

Minor Arcana

Fire Suit: Queen of Fire "Sharing"

The first thing I got from this card is abundance with hesitation. I thought of something with the Heart because of the pealed pomigranite on the tray.

Then I looked up the meaning and it reads that everything is coming together, moving to the Heart Chakra, which is called Anahata, which means unstuck or unhurt.

This cards means to me that if you have enough trust in love, in your heart, then nothing can hurt you.

Alan Ross

HeavensVault said:
The first thing I got from this card is abundance with hesitation.
Did you mean "abundance without hesitation"? I wish I knew more about Chakras. I'm sure it would deepen my understanding and appreciation of some of these cards. I'm going to need a little time to think about this card and organize my thoughts, so I'll be posting more a little later.

Judith D

She is a beautiful, bountiful queen, overflowing with abundance and generosity. Her robes are flowing, liquid, the flowers behind her head bright, huge and verdant, all enclosed in a neverending circle. She holds the plate of fruit and light at heart level. She obviously has an open, overflowing heart and shares her gifts and herself.

She looks so rich and welcoming and so obviously generous - a lovely rolemodel.

I have always found it very difficult to believe that abundance is always there for me - always enough, all I have to do is reach out and ask. It is something I have been consciously working on for several years. Because of my lack of trust in abundance I nearly lost my marriage, and actually did physially lose most of the things I thought were vital in my life before I could believe that the more I shared and believed, the more I would see and be given. It has been an incredibly hard lesson and I still wonder sometimes, but I try to keep looking at things like this card to remind me, and prove to myself that life itself will be and give enough if I just trust the process. The conscious effort to do this has improved my life immensely and made me infinitely more loving to myself, which is something it took a long time to realise was important.

If you want a very quick chakra overview: base chakra is at the perineum (between anus and genitals) and points downward; is red in colour, and represents our baser instincts like warmth, shelter, food, tribal issues. Sacral chakra is number 2, below the navel more or less level with the sacral vertebra, is orange, and represents friends, family, community issues, sex, money, and basic creativity (reproductive issues). Solar plexus chakra is third, is yellow like the sun, above the navel and just below the ribcage, and is self-empowerment, personal issues (some people prefer to put money and sex here, but I prefer second chakra), creativity in the way of making ideas and things. It's a very important chakra and blocked in many people because of all the personal issues we deal with! Heart chakra is fourth, pink or green, and deals with all kinds of love, given and received, and our issues with how we can handle this. (Also tends to be hugely blocked, and there are many correlations here with cancer and anger issues, particularly in women). Throat chakra is fifth, at throat level, skyblue in colour, and deals with communication issues and speaking truth, both to ourselves and others. Third eye is sixth, above the eyebrows in the middle of the forehead, and back into your head a couple of centimetres, deep blue in colour, and is about knowledge and intelligence and recognition of self and others. Crown chakra is seventh, on crown of the head, violet in colour, points upward and deals mainly with our connection to the divine, whatever we consider that to be. Bear in mind this is a very simplistic view! There are other opening chakras, and hundreds of little ones (at every joint for instance), but that's the main in a nutshell.

Alan Ross

Thank you for the Chakra overview, Judith D. I also have always had a tough time believing in abundance. I've always lived in fear of not having enough. The funny thing is that I've always had enough, even if it has been just enough to get by. I've never suffered true privation, yet I've always been terrified of it. It would be very sad if I wasted my whole life being terrified of something that never happened, or even something that happened only once or twice. There is a saying that "A coward dies a thousand deaths, but a soldier only dies once." I was looking on the net for info about the heart chakra, and one site I was looking at associated this chakra not only with love and compassion, but also trust. If I had more trust I wouldn't be living with so much needless fear and it would be much easier for me to be loving, compassionate and generous.

This card forms an interesting contrast with the Four of Pentacles in the traditional RWS deck. This is the miser card, a card of financial security, but also a card of greed. The man is pictured holding a pentacle where his heart chakra is, blocking it (I hadn't given thought to this before!). There would be no trust, no unconditional love, no compassion. He is closed off and unwilling to share what he has. I look at him and I look at the Osho Zen Queen of Fire and I ask myself, "Who would I rather spend time with?" This gracious and generous queen puts a picture to the principle that the best way to find love is to freely give love, the highest form of generosity.

Judith D

You are very welcome - but remember I did say it is a very brief overview. You are quite correct - trust is one of the big issues with the heart, but for me that comes hand in hand with love and compassion. Actually - I should have put the word 'compassion' in my overview as it is vital for the heart.
I find my understanding of the chakra system adds hugely to my understanding and reading of the tarot cards in general - in all the decks I have seen. I find the Osho Zen particularly rich in this, probably because I am a beginning buddhist (have been studying up a couple of years, and took refuge two weeks ago) and I find such depths of meaning in these cards.

Grizabella

I love this card. I've always been a very giving person. I think it's because there have been so many times when I've had dire need and didn't get anything to fill the need, so I understand how it feels and want to help anyone else in need. It's my opinion that if we hang onto life's blessings, then we create a log-jam in the flow of blessings. We may keep what we have, but we restrict the flow of what we could be having by hanging on and hoarding. The only shortage of things we need is between our ears.

I've lived through some really hard times-----but I've had some really good times. Been at both extremes. I've even been homeless and lived in a tent out in the rain. When I was at the lower extreme, I remember counting my blessings anyway, because to survive we only need a few things----shelter, food, clothing. (I've forgotten those exact needs they say we have to have.) But shelter could have been nothing but a tree. Food could have been worms and insects. I'd have survived eating those. Clothing could have been a burlap bag. Those basic things plus water would have sustained me. But I had a tent and blankets---that's pretty darned luxurious compared to a tree. And I had rice and beans and peanut butter and oatmeal and some other things like that that didn't need refrigeration. And I had clothing. It came from free bins in a soup kitchen and it wasn't Rodeo Drive, but it covered my naked body. Therefore, I was blessed. When I look around myself now-----blessings abound to the point that I don't even have room to put them all, even though I'm disabled and on a fixed income raising grandkids. And I share with anyone who needs it. The more I share, the more I have.

That's what this card reminds me of.

Grizabella

Judith D said:
You are very welcome - but remember I did say it is a very brief overview. You are quite correct - trust is one of the big issues with the heart, but for me that comes hand in hand with love and compassion. Actually - I should have put the word 'compassion' in my overview as it is vital for the heart.
I find my understanding of the chakra system adds hugely to my understanding and reading of the tarot cards in general - in all the decks I have seen.

I thank you for the overview, too, because I couldn't remember the chakras. I'm Buddhist in values and beliefs, although Buddhism is somewhat of an organized religion, it seems to me, and I don't subscribe to those.

Judith D said:
I find the Osho Zen particularly rich in this, probably because I am a beginning buddhist (have been studying up a couple of years, and took refuge two weeks ago) and I find such depths of meaning in these cards.

I find a great depth of meaning in these cards, too. Getting the deck recently was like coming home spiritually. I've held Buddhist beliefs ever since I got sober in '85, although I don't subscribe to organized religions normally, which Buddhism basically is, it seems to me. I absolutely love this deck.

armonia

osho zen Queen of Fire: Sharing

I read a book by Catherine Ponder called "the Prosperity of Abundance" about ten years ago, then re-read it recently, and the principles remain true: when you think abundantly, and prosperously, your life will remain that way, and you are free to share what you can. Although I haven't read it, I understand this is basically the gist of the highly acclaimed, "The Secret" as well. This is what I think about with this card; sharing doesn't mean you give away that which you can't afford, but you share what you can, and you will be surprised the positive, like energy which will be generated back to you, the basic laws of karma. I am looking for a job right now, not sure of my next pay cheque, or how I will make my next rent cheque, but I am not worried about these things because I know I am capable of making ends meet, and what I can share with others right now doesn't have a price - love of life, companionship, genuine friendship - these are all manifestations of good things worth sharing. This card is a reminder to me to be at peace with what you have, and realize sharing what you have can '"light the way" for others (symbolized by the candle on the queen's tray) by being a good example and sharing what you can. This is a wonderful card to me, not advocating showy opulence, but instead, genuine sincere sharing.

Grizabella

Yes, sharing what you can. Even if I've had next to nothing, there was always something I could share, even if only my time.

Judith D

The other thing I was thinking about this queen is that we have all spoken about sharing, which is giving AND receiving, and sometimes is it as hard to learn how to receive gracefully as it is to give.

I have been trying to comment on Lyric's brave statements, but it all sounds so tiny in comparison.

Funnily enough, Lyric, I don't find buddhism so organised - but perhaps is is a function of which 'branch', or teachers, and what you are comparing it to.