OshoZen studygroup, please read

Briar Rose

Forgive me for not writing Friday night. I was without power do to an ice storm.

I am sorry I posted the Court cards first. I was looking at the companion book to Osho, and the Court cards are listed together on a page, first before the deck suits.

Someone mentioned it's like going backward, and that is probably right.

It should be Ace, 2, 3 , etc..then the court cards? That is probably how we should do the next Suits.

I am going to try my hardess to finsihed this study group!!!! Since I was without electricity for a day and a half I got the whole suit of Fire done!!!!

I will post the rest tomorrow.

Maybe if if stick it out, we can talk about spreads on this deck, and what it means when cards are next to each other?

Any feed back will be very much appreciated. Maybe we can do one Suit a week, or even shorter?

I love all the post and I have gained personal growth from everyone sharing.

I am feeling gratitude today. Thank you.

Peace,
Aurora

Alan Ross

As long as we get through the whole deck, it doesn't matter much to me what order we go in :). Doing a thread on spreads is an interesting idea. I see this as a very spiritual deck and I would love to hear about spreads specifically designed for inner work. I would think a chakra spread would a fabulous choice. If anyone uses this deck for meditation or pathworking, I would be interested in hearing about that as well.

Thank you for the work you've put into this and your initiative. And I hope you stay safe, Aurora. The weather sounds pretty ugly in your neck of the woods.

Peace,
Alan

Grizabella

It doesn't matter what order we go in, Aurora. Any order is fine. I've seen people go through all kinds of means of posting the cards in other decks. There's no rule, other than to title the thread right and let Sulis know so she can put the thread where it belongs. :)

Judith D

Any order is definitely fine - at least we are studying! When I said I felt like I was going backwards I didn't mean it was wrong! IN fact, I have to think harder as we go, which may be a very good thing.
Ice storm? That sounds horrendous. We are having such a heatwave this summer that I am really struggling with the heat, and normally I enjoy it.
I think a thread on spreads is a wonderful idea - I was actually thinking about it over the weekend, wondering if we could do our own readings and share to learn how the cards fit together.

armonia

minor arcana so far

I am very pleased to be part of this study group; it is really helping me a great deal, as I only acquired this deck last December. Reading everyone's interpretations of the cards strengthens my own, be it in comparison or contrast. Although I am a bit behind in adding interpretations for the last cards in the Fire suit, I am ready to do another suit - any order, and would advocate to continue with individual card interpretations before we look at readings and spreads. I find when I am commenting on an individual card, I am already naturally making comparisons to other cards in the deck, so doing different spreads won't be a big leap. Keep up the great work Heavensvault! I think sheer persistence and tenacity will help us continue with this study group.

Grizabella

HeavensVault said:
Maybe if if stick it out, we can talk about spreads on this deck, and what it means when cards are next to each other?

Any feed back will be very much appreciated. Maybe we can do one Suit a week, or even shorter?

Peace,
Aurora

I think doing some spreads and discussions of what the cards mean in combination with each other is an excellent idea.

One suit a week is fine with me. I'm extremely pleased with how this study group is going and I'm glad to see we're all pushing through to finish the deck. The fact that we all share what the cards mean to us makes it a much better study group, in my opinion, than if we just dealt with imagery and the cards in a surface manner. Some of the studies I've seen have just described the images and pretty much left it at that. (Mind you, I haven't explored the deck studies that extensively, so they might not all do that). I think the way we're doing it is why we've had staying power.

Judith D

For when we get to doing spreads

I was thinking about the spreads idea over the weekend. We are indeed getting through the deck wonderfully, so can soon look at spreads.
Do you think it would make sense to find a question / spread of say three or five cards that we could all do - in other words, the same one for everyone, but obviously we shuffle and draw our own cards and each interpretation will be personal. Then we could each post what we have drawn, in detail, and our own interpretation. Each person could then look at each other draw and comment.
We could have a new thread just for these spreads and comments, or a thread for each person's spread which would maybe make more sense and be easier to follow.

squeakmo9

I agree, that would be the natural progression, combining cards and doing spreads...very exciting!
It all sounds good to me, whatever pace you guys wish to go, I'll roll with it:)

Briar Rose

I was thinking the same thing about trying to do spreads. We can keep it here, right under the study group (hopefully).

Do you want to wait until we move through the deck? I can move us a long a little faster.

I probably can finish up another suit today and tomorrow. Then there is one left.

squeakmo9

HeavensVault said:
I was thinking the same thing about trying to do spreads. We can keep it here, right under the study group (hopefully).

Do you want to wait until we move through the deck? I can move us a long a little faster.

I probably can finish up another suit today and tomorrow. Then there is one left.

I think it would be best to wait till we finish the deck, that's just my opinion, but I'm open to what the majority of us want. Do we really need to speed up, I think we're going at a good clip, no? Regardless, I'll always catch up if I need to. Whatever you feel you can do comfortably, HeavensV, is fine with me.
As far as those spreads...if someone isn't accustomed to to reading 3-5 cards, we can always start small with 2 cards. When I was posting daily draws here, I would choose the first card for the challenge of the day, and the second card for the lesson learned from that challenge, for the day. That one I got from Umbrae, forgot where, but it was his idea. In any case, just a suggestion;)