OshoZen Fire: Totallity, 5 of Fire

Briar Rose

Woo, A person riding a Tiger.

Now I am going to need help with this one.

The book tells me to take the time to do a task right. Why a Tiger? I need a Tarot symbolism book.

Please help me to understand this card. I get the take your time to do a task right, I just don't understand the Tiger.

Is it like the taming of the Tiger?

Alan Ross

HeavensVault said:
Woo, A person riding a Tiger. Now I am going to need help with this one.

Um, this is the wrong card. The one with the tiger is the six of wands. It makes sense to me, but I'll save it for that thread.

This one is "totality," with two trapeze artists totally absorbed in what they are doing. This is another one of those mindfulness/concentration/being-in-the-present-moment cards. Often we function in our lives with a sense of separation between ourselves and what we are doing. When we can eliminate that sense of a "self" experiencing an activity and simply become the experience, we achieve Totality.

The LWB mentions routine tasks can seem boring because "we've forgotten that it's not what you do but how you do it that matters." In "The Miracle of Mindfulness," Zen teacher Thich Nhat Hanh discusses doing routine chores, such as "washing dishes, dusting and wiping the tables, scrubbing the kitchen floor, [and] arranging books on their shelves" mindfully. "Enjoy and be one with your work. . . . The feeling that any task is a nuisance will soon disappear if it is done in mindfulness. Take the example of the Zen Masters. No matter what task or motion they undertake, they do it slowly and evenly, without reluctance." When you eliminate self by becoming one with your experience, there is no self to get bored.

Judith D

Yes, you are ahead of yourself, Heavensvault, we still need to do our trapeze act!
Everyone is necessary, however different our task. We can't all be the one who leaps, but must sometimes be the one who holds. Here we definitely all need mindfulness - the kind where we are totally present in the moment and in everything that transpires all around us in that moment. And we need to trust that everyone is doing their part, that the catcher will be there to catch, that the holder will let go at the precise required moment. And if we expect others to do that for us, we must be aware for them. All of us, everyone, everywhere, totally involved.
I think that often seems to be one of the huge problems with the world around us now - so many people off on their own agendas, their own stories, their own wars, without considering how each one of us contributes to the whole. No-one can act without affecting everything and we forget so easily that our own lives are not actually the centre of the known universe for everyone.
I love this card. The focus, the void, the ideas it brings into my mind. Lots more thought required on this one.

Alan Ross

Judith D said:
And we need to trust that everyone is doing their part, that the catcher will be there to catch, that the holder will let go at the precise required moment.... I love this card.
Actually, as you describe this card, I find it very scary. I love the whole totality thing, being totally absorbed in the moment. But trusting that the catcher will be there to catch? *shudder* There have been too many times in my life when the catcher wasn't there.

squeakmo9

Alan Ross said:
*shudder* There have been too many times in my life when the catcher wasn't there.
lol! I like that.
I see these three as myself, always being in the moment, living life as consciously as is possible...some days are better than others:D

Judith D

Yes - scary if you overthink it. What do they say - leap and the net will appear. Rather like the fool, actually.
Perhaps I haven't made enough giant leaps.

armonia

osho zen 5 of Fire: Totality

"Taling one step through life at a time, giving each step your complete attention and energy, can bring a wondrous new vitality and creativity to all that you do."

It is the taking things one step at a time that concerns me when you have to rely on others. What if they are not in step with you so to speak? I see this card closely connected to the Knight of Water: Trust. To be totally in the moment, to be that free, yet that dependent on others - that's a great deal of TRUST for me!! I guess I am not ready to run off and join the circus quite yet!

Maybe that's the whole message of this card: having the faith, and seeing just in the moment how you can acheive something if you are totally there and focused.

As a special education teacher, I am always telling students to "chunk" things - break things into do-able bits of work, and this is especially pronounced when students have to do group work, and really co-operate and contribute to a class project. This trapeze act is a good metaphor I will use with them in the future.

Master_Margarita

Like armonia, I see this card as connected to the Knight of Water--trust. I also see a connection with the Two of Clouds, Schizophrenia. The protagonist in the Two of Clouds has no oneto hang on to, just cliffs. The Knight of Water launches him/herself into totally empty space. The Five of Five shows a delicate transfer, from the hands of one person to another, of a trusting soul. This card carries forward the theme of participation forward from the previous card.

I can't relate this image to the RWS 5 of Wands sense of combat at all.

DrDave

Osho 5W

fives represent instability and change
wands are about risk taking,enthusiasm confidence action adventure movement and creativity
The Osho 5wands Trapeze is a very clever card but not similar to RWS
I use Osho Zen for my personal self development not really for general public readings
Doc