OshoZen; 6 of Water (Cups)

Master_Margarita

This card has inspired a particularly lively thread!

I find the image on this card particularly affecting and reminiscent of myself as a young girl. The traditional 6 of Cups shows a scene of childlike innocence. Perhaps we're meant to see this scene as a childlike view of love.

I think it's helpful to look at the 6,7, and 8 of Water as a group: The Dream (total fantasy), Projections (imposing fantasy characteristics on the real person in front of you), and Letting Go (what you have to do when you see through the projections). At the end of all this comes: Harmony (end of the Water minors) and, ultimately, Healing (the last Water court card).

Pao

Master_Margarita said:
I think it's helpful to look at the 6,7, and 8 of Water as a group: The Dream (total fantasy), Projections (imposing fantasy characteristics on the real person in front of you), and Letting Go (what you have to do when you see through the projections). At the end of all this comes: Harmony (end of the Water minors) and, ultimately, Healing (the last Water court card).

wow thats a great observation!! thank you for that Master Margarita!!

I for some reason dislike most of the book meanings for cards. The authors view on love is depressing and negative and when I read the description of this card it angers me.

I dont know what to make of the image. is it saying get your head off the clouds and have a realistic perspective of what love really is. ie. more than a fairytale ending. is it saying anyone can have what they desire in a relationshipe ventually, is it saying your problems will not end because you are in a relationship?

I look at it and it depresses me. I feel like this deck looks at love as if the person desiring a relationship is a loser for wanting that bond with another being.

aquamoon

Moving beyond the dream...

I too disagree with many text associating with the cards - for example Friendliness, I find the whole anti-marriage concept very disturbing. Which raised a lot of controversy around Osho.

When I look at this and at the 6 of Cups together, I find this card more of a counsel of trying to see love beyond romance and your own imagination, and see what the real love is.

The difference of this card and the 7 of Water to me is that in this one, I am imagining what the love would be like, what the lover would be like, based on "my" personal conception of love. 7 of Water is trying to stuff the lover into my imagination. 8 of Water is about just give that up - give up your imagination and any preconceived notion of how "love" or how "relationship" should be.

It doesn't mean all the conceptions of love are all wrong, but there are definitely imaginations and reality, and in imaginations, the pitfall is over-expectation. So the counsel I get from this card is to accept the other person's limitation, understand that you are preoccupied with an ideal, thus demanding concept of love. The goal is to realize that love is both wonderful and imperfect at the same time. This way, there can be leeway in a relationship to accommodate any accidents along the way, rather than suffer the complete devastation after acute disillusionment.

Rev_Vesta

this card....

speaks of our hopes and dreams as a Human Being.........emotionally.... we want that total bliss within...... But do we truly believe another person will make us totally whole?..... we must do that within ourselves....we must empower who we are.......Find happiness within.. feel that wholeness/Unity within.....

It is quite a powerful card.......

Vesta

paulasue

Dream

I see this as someone losing their dreams, Dont give up on your dreams. Go watch Cinderella story again and again. Get you dreams back. I agree Dreams show us our aspirations.