OshoZen 10 of Water (Cups)

Briar Rose

OshoZen 10 of Water (Cups)
Harmony

A figure with 2 Dolphins overhead.

Sometimes when I go outside and look around I get a uplifting feeling of being really high. I feel at that point totally in harmony with life.

Now if I can only achieve that feeling alone, sitting.

squeakmo9

Wow, I'm the opposite, I feel this way when I sit still, meditating. The challenge for me is when I go out into the world, having to deal with the public.
Although I'm starting to notice that just by meditating either once or twice a day, I'm building a "tolerance", lol, becoming more able to keep my center. I like how that point of light radiates from her heart to her third eye, as it were. The dolphins seem to be a connection to nature and Source energy. Dolphins don't seem to stress much, aren't torn by inner conflict, or go around in circles with "coulda, woulda, shouldas", they just, literally, go with the flow. As humans, we have the benefit of free will, and can make a decision at any given moment to radiate from the heart, and make a clean break form all that once defined us.

Briar Rose

Yeah, I know. A friend of mine was just talking me about how Monks, and spiritualist go up in the mountians to find peace. My friend said, "yeah, go out into the real world and find it, anyone can find peace in the mountians."

Well, I am in the mountians, and it's distrubing for me to find peace alone. When I am out, no one knows me, so I am toally comfortable in my skin, when I am alone, and no one is around feeding my ego, wow, now that's a challenge.

Grizabella

Being alone can be very difficult. If there's nothing to distract us, we only have ourselves for company and if we don't know who we are, then we're with a stranger. In fact, we're naked with this stranger and with nothing to cover us, we panic. We have to look at the flaws in this naked stranger and in addition we forget to see the beauty in them, so we get overwhelmed with this naked, "ugly" stranger.

When we go out in public, we're distracted by everything and everyone around us so we don't have to be naked with the "ugly" stranger. We can entertain ourselves with everything else going on. And we've clothed ourselves with what we think we should be or with what we think will be acceptable and attractive to everyone else out in the world so we feel safe.

I like that saying "Yeah, anyone can find peace in the mountains. Go out in the real world and find it". It covers what you've said about being alone, HV, but it also covers what I've said about being out in public.

Judith D

This card speaks to me of finding harmony between our outer and our inner aspects. The inner glow of light from the compassionate heart needs to flow to our own minds as well as towards the hearts and minds of others, to balance us so our thoughts and actions can reflect the same compassionate peace. I find dolphins very special - I had the amazing experience of going into the water with them at Monkey Mia, and the memory is one of my best and strongest. The one in particular rolled slightly in the water and looked at me - looked into me - with real connection. There was a harmony there, between two beings, two species, that remains with me so many years later.
The blue colours are the blues of the fifth (communication) chakra, sixth (intellect & mind) chakra and the seventh (divine connection) chakra, and the link of these with the heart chakra through the light to the sixth chakra of the mind (third eye) have much meaning for me.

Briar Rose

I almost forgot about the Chakras. Thank you for reminding me. That helps with the cards.

Judith D writes:

The blue colours are the blues of the fifth (communication) chakra, sixth (intellect & mind) chakra and the seventh (divine connection) chakra, and the link of these with the heart chakra through the light to the sixth chakra of the mind (third eye) have much meaning for me.

Alan Ross

The dolphins on this card reminds of something I experienced many years ago. Once upon a time, I was between jobs in San Francisco and decided to take a short break and embark upon an adventure. So I jumped on my bicycle and headed toward Los Angeles, a journey of about 400 miles and change. I had a lot of fun. I would pedal for five to six hours a day, and spend the rest of the day sightseeing and camping out.

My most memorable experience of the journey occurred by a beach just outside Ventura, not far from Los Angeles. I had stopped for a moment to rest and drink some water and I was gazing out at the shore, looking at all the people in the water. Then I noticed a fin. The first thing that occurred to me was "shark!" I was thinking "Oh my Gawd, those people are all going to get eaten!" Then I saw more fins appear. I had visions in my head of a shark feeding frenzy. Then one jumped out of the water. It was a dolphin. Soon I could make out at least a dozen dolphins jumping and frolicing in the water. People were swimming out to them and reaching out to touch them as the school migrated north.

While watching the dolphins, I forgot how tired I was and how hot the day was. All I could feel was deep sense of awe, reverence, and connectedness. It was my most dramatic moment of harmony. Unfortunately, we cannot live in such moments. The real challenge is finding harmony when dolphins, giant sequoias, mountains, or star-filled skies aren't around.

What is harmony? Harmony occurs when you flow with the rhythms of the universe, instead of struggling against it. When you allow yourself to be simple and soft, not determined to impose your expectations and desires on the Universe, but bending and flowing with whatever you are experiencing, struggle ceases and harmony arises.

Briar Rose

Alan Ross said:
What is harmony? Harmony occurs when you flow with the rhythms of the universe, instead of struggling against it. When you allow yourself to be simple and soft, not determined to impose your expectations and desires on the Universe, but bending and flowing with whatever you are experiencing, struggle ceases and harmony arises.[/QUOTE

bravo, very well done

Briar Rose

Who am I to say that (????), sounding like the teacher, when actually I am learning from the group, and you, Alan Ross.

Alan Ross

All of us are both teachers and students. It's a blessing to be able to learn from everyone here at AT :).