OshoZen 10 of Water (Cups)

Grizabella

I think I posted about the wrong card here. :p I'm gonna go back and see.

Editing to add: No, I was commenting on what Aurora said at the top of the thread. If I'd pay more attention, it would help. I'll now go see what I can do with the card we're looking at. :rolleyes:

Grizabella

I don't have any particular knowledge of or connection to dolphins, so I might be missing something with this card. It's one that, in going through the deck, I didn't have as much bonding with or understanding of. Other than that I do meditate and I do know that "resting in the heart in meditation" that the book speaks of.

And I emphatically agree that people have forgotten how to be simple.

As I look around me at the chaos and mess of getting ready to move, I'm overwhelmed with it all, almost. My daughter and I are getting ready to share expenses at her house and, while I'm excited about it in a way, it's forcing me to pare everything down for the kids and me. I really want to reach the destination of simplicity in that area of my life by doing that, but I sure hate the journey! Do you realize how much "junk" we've accumulated? :p

I know the card speaks of the simplicity of our emotional life, not the rest of life. "You have to lose all to be simple". That's certainly true.

Judith D

Lyric, the card may speak of emotional life, not the rest of life, but don't you think they go hand in hand in many degrees? I have been accumulating treasure (may be junk to the rest of the world) for years, but recently I have genuinely been feeling that I don't need these things and that at last I am able to let them go. It sseems to go together with a new belief in abundance, and the letting go of fear of being without to the degree that you can't get rid of anything 'just in case'. This definitely is at the same time as my emotional / spiritual life is simplifying and deepening.
I am at the other end of the spectrum to you presently as my son is about to leave home. In two weeks he will move out, taking all his stuff and I have promised myself that while we pack up for him and see what he can take, I pack up for me all the junk and get rid of it to somewhere it can be used. My husband and I are both dreading and relishing the prospect of being back to the two of us - after 30 years.
I don't quite know about 'losing all to be simple', but I am going to have a good try and losing the unnecessary. Currently I have a real need to simplify areas of my life and this will be a good start.

Master_Margarita

Ace plus four equals...ten? This card to me takes the lyricism of going with the flow, and the peace of "turning in" in meditation, and gives us a depiction of something we can't know in words.

How important to note that the impulse comes from within.

M~