OshoZen Page of Water (Cups)

Briar Rose

Understanding

Disappearing bars on a cage where a dove is looking out.

I have clipped wings so I am really unable to apply myself to this card.

squeakmo9

HeavensVault said:
Understanding

I have clipped wings so I am really unable to apply myself to this card.

I don't know, I think like the human liver, wings have the ability to regenerate:D

This little guy caught between the bars is just beginning to flutter, that feeling of YEEEESSSS, happiness awaits me as well.
It's all in the mind. I've made all kinds of prison cells for myself through the years, and I have to say, I like freedom better:thumbsup:
The bars aren't as solid as I once thought, since this is a Page...I made all kinds of assumptions as a youngster that later proved wrong. I thought that since my father died when I was 2, that he had abandoned me. So I grew up very angry...I "felt" abandoned. The reality is that he did not abandon me, he died of a stroke at 47y.o. It wasn't his choice to leave me. It was only after my mother remarried my present step-dad when I realized what a real abandonment is all about. His mother AND father dumped him onto his grandmother. It's all about proper perspective, and that's why we're all here for each other...to help each other by sharing all that we can. When one falters, a bit of all us gets left behind, and no one should ever be left behind. So this card says to me, if you need help getting out of that cage, there is always someone to help you out, just be open and on the look out:)

Grizabella

AT has been an illustration of this card for me. As old as I am (61), I was still so repressed and afraid about tarot and about letting anyone know I used the cards. I felt so guilty. And it didn't help that my oldest son reinforced that. I kept my cards hidden and felt so badly about the misunderstanding he has about it.

Gradually, though, the bars of the cage have been melting and the other birds of AT have helped me to see that they were of my own making so that I can come out and fly. :)

My whole life path has been a process of breaking free of bars of my own making.

Briar Rose

Lyric, you're a beautiful soul.

Grizabella

Hugs, HeavensVault. :heart: Thank you. :)

Alan Ross

The message of this card is that freedom comes from understanding. We are not free whenever we base our happiness, our self-worth, and our satisfaction in life on the opinions and good will of others, on the whims of fortune, or on anything external to ourselves. We do not have control over the opinions and good will of others. We do not have control over the whims of fortune. We do not have control over anything external to ourselves. We have varying degrees of influence over these things, but we do not have control. Anytime you make your happiness, your self-worth, your satisfaction in life dependent on anything out of your control, you are a slave.

Be your own source of happiness. Be happy when you know you have done the best you can to do the right thing, to take good care of yourself and others, to be true to who you really are. No one can take this away from you. Be your own source of self-worth. Feel self-worth when you know that you are a kind, loving, and decent human being. No one can take this away from you. Supply your own satisfaction in life. Be satisfied with a life of compassion, loving-kindness, harmony, and inner peace. No one can take this away from you.

Freedom is available to any of us at anytime. All we have to do is look within.

"In the inner world, freedom is the highest value - everything else is secondary, even blissfulness, ecstasy."

Sophie

Stone walls do not a prison make
Nor iron bars a cage
Minds quiet and innocent take
That for an hermitage;
If I have freedom in my love,
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that fly above
Enjoy such liberty.

Richard Lovelace, To Anthea from Prison (1642)

Lyric - I am inspired by what you wrote, and proud to know you.

Grizabella

Thank you, Fudugazi. I keep reading back over that post and I don't get why you and HeavensVault liked it so much.

But thank you and I'm glad if it touched you both. :) :heart:

When I was writing to women in prison several years ago, I used to stress to them that the only real prison is the one between a person's ears. If they could break free of that, then no prison made by man could hold their spirits. If they could change their thinking and change their actions as a consequence, then even prison bars could become a positive in their lives, even if they had to spend the rest of their lives there. And a lot of them did have life sentences.

Alan Ross

Lyric said:
When I was writing to women in prison several years ago, I used to stress to them that the only real prison is the one between a person's ears. If they could break free of that, then no prison made by man could hold their spirits. If they could change their thinking and change their actions as a consequence, then even prison bars could become a positive in their lives, even if they had to spend the rest of their lives there. And a lot of them did have life sentences.
That reminds me of the movie "The Shawshank Redemption." A very powerful message for anyone.

Judith D

Yes, Lyric is someone special, isn't she!
And as Alan says - 'Freedom is available to any of us at any time. All we have to do is look within'.
Which actually is a slightly different message to the card - there we are being encouraged to go out. I like the bit in the book 'Open your wings and fly across the sun like an eagle.' (my addition - even if you feel like a budgie.)
I can see this message in two ways: the little bird (us) is sitting at the edge of the disappearing prison, being summoned to join those flying freely in the open. Or, who is in the prison? if we are different, not part of the crowd, perhaps too the peergroup are encouraging us to join in their prison, hobbled to the fashions, speech, ideas of the day. If we are brave, we can stand alone - and that is also incredible freedom.
And as Lyric says - if you can break free of the prison between your ears, bars cannot restrict your spirit.
I really and honestly believe that everyone has the opportunity every day - every moment - to change their mind, to change the way they behave and to make a life for good. I think an understanding of the nature of freedom of spirit is vital to that.