OshoZen 10 of Rainbows (Pents)

squeakmo9

10 of Rainbows ~We Are The World~

Looking at this card always makes me think of the internet, the world wide web. I've met some extraordinary people through the web, just right here! To the extent that I've had that pleasure of meeting some in person. It's amazing how people can connect because of this technology, and in real time.
What do you think of this card?

Judith D

Wouldn't it be wonderful if such a celebration of life, such recognition of our connectedness, was possible now. Has there ever been a time when our earth has not been at war somewhere.
Here the dance of life goes through all the chakra colours, and it seems as if our combined light shines down on the earth itself as love and protection. Even the stars look cheerful.
And yes, definitely the www. Isn't it amazing how we are connected - we few people here, in so many different places and timezones, probably never to meet face to face, but connected by common interest and hopes and fears, each trying to make our lives a bit better. And through us, all our connections are connected, and on we go until it is easy to understand how one persons's thoughts and deeds can affect each and every other one of us.
It is hard to imagine how much power and energy is actually available, if we could all join together even for one short moment. Instead, we fritter our lives away on selfish concerns, on judgment and ego.
I am so glad that I am making even my small attempt to be better, to grow spiritually and to learn compassion and understanding. I cannot possibly expect anyone else to do this if I am not prepared to make the effort too.

purple_scorp

This card reminds me of that song.......

"We are the world
We are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So let's start giving
There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives
It's true we'll make a better day
Just you and me"

So it just does start with one person and hopefully others will follow the example.

with love
purple_scorp

Master_Margarita

I'm having a very hard time with this card because of the very song that purple_scorp quotes above. It just makes the card seem too pat.

I'm having a hard time too with the commentary stating that only in celebration do we go beyond the circle of birth and death. I really thought there were other ways out of that circle. And the celebration just looks like it's another circle. If this were unity, not a circle, I would be more receptive to this.

This is definitely a card I'm resisting.

le fey

Celebrate doesn't just mean to party. One 'celebrates' mass at a funeral for example. Basically it's to actively observe.... so moving beyond the cycle of birth and death is... well, enlightment. Awareness (of your oneness with the world) and the response you make to that awareness. That's to celebrate.

purple_scorp

Just to add to "that song" - I feel the card is about taking responsibility. The joining of hands to me, represents that we need to be reminded that what we do, the choices we make etc, will have an effect on everything else. We are all connected and we shouldn't go around selfishly thinking that we can do what we like in our own insular communities.

Imagine if one person in this card broke away and started a conga line.....do you think the others would follow? Whether they do or they don't isn't really the point......

The point is, their action will cause an effect on the rest of the people in that circle. Nothing will ever be the same as the consequences of their actions come into play.

with love
purple_scorp

Master_Margarita

Also, interestingly enough, when I did a new deck interview spread for this deck yesterday, the 10 of Rainbows turned up as the most important lesson this deck had to teach me!

Clearly this deck has a bit of a sense of humor.

ETA: I would also say, on the subject of responsibility, that my take is that each being is the guardian of his or her own karma; their happiness and unhappiness are dependent on their own actions, and not on outside forces. So I'm not sure that this card is going to persuade me that it's my duty to join hands and sing kumbaya with everyone else if what I really feel called to do is start that conga line.

M~

purple_scorp

Yeah, funny how the Universe has a synchronistic way of throwing things in our path when we need them.

MM, you may wish to read this article - a daily OM that I just read in my inbox A Good Turn Daily
- Helping The World Every Day.

with love
purple_scorp

Master_Margarita

purple_scorp said:
Yeah, funny how the Universe has a synchronistic way of throwing things in our path when we need them.

MM, you may wish to read this article - a daily OM that I just read in my inbox A Good Turn Daily
- Helping The World Every Day.

with love
purple_scorp

Talk about synchonistic: I am also a Daily OM subscriber and I strongly suspect I have that very article in my email inbox right now. Unread.

purple_scorp

Oh, that is funny! So, you will have the other one I was just about to post a link to too, for the Comparison card....which talks about perception and illusion......

I think it was about Compromise!

with love
purple_scorp