Osho spreads

Judy

I've had my Osho deck for a year now and have studied the cards. I've read through many books on reading spreads, but I still find it difficult to relate the cards to one another and to tell a flowing story. Is there any place on this forum where Osho spreads are studied specifically?

The two books about this deck have beautiful descriptions, but for some of the cards I find it difficult to relate the meaning to the real world.

Any suggestions?

le fey

I love working with the Osho Zen deck, but it doesn't work at all well for me in the mundane realm, so I confine myself to using it for more spiritual/self awareness/healing type work. It's wonderful for reminding me about attitudes to adopt, keeping focused on the higher truth of situations, less well about reminding me to clean out the garage or keep the oil changed in my car. ;)

I also find it helpful to use it as a comparison deck, overlaying a reading with the Osho versions of the cards, to pull in the more ethereal 'zen' understanding to an otherwise more mundane concern. That has the added benefit of getting to see how the Osho deck modifies and complements the more Western philosophy built into a standard RWS deck.

Judy

Yes, I agree with you, the reason I was attracted to this deck was for the spiritual and healing aspect of it. I'm not interested in predictions. When I'm doing a reading for a friend, I find it hard to explain the relationship of the cards to each other. In my mind I understand the card, but can't find the words for it to make sense to someone who hasn't studied spirituality in any way.

purple_scorp

Hi Judy,

are you using spreads with position meanings?

Which cards/spreads were you having difficulty with?

with love
purple_scorp

Master_Margarita

Flying Bird Spread

I used the Flying Bird spread that is described in the back of the LWB to do a Samhain mystery reading today (the reading is here).

The cards on the "left wing" talk about feminine energies of the moment, and the "right wing," the masculine, active energies. Each new card responds to the previous one and lifts the bird higher, and the querent into greater clarity.

The positions are:

1. The "Lift Off" (here and now)
2. The resistance card--fear of flying
3. Response-ability to the fear
4. Inner support (intuition) of responsibility
5. External support (intelligent action responding to the intuition)
6. Relaxation and acceptance
7. Arrival at a new level of awareness

I felt that this spread actually makes pretty effective use of the energy of the cards; the masculine wing/feminine wing was a little hard to relate though.

Namaste,

M~

Judy

I’ve only been using the celtic cross spread over the past year and realized recently through other posts that it is a tough one to master, but I’m determined.

I use it as described in the back of the Osho book that comes with the deck.

4 9
5 1-2 6 8
3 7

I was having difficulty with position 4-conscious influences, but then I read a post here where someone said they were taught that this was the lesson you need to learn. That just made all the sense in the world to me and has improved the interpretation of the cards in that position.

I am still struggling with the following 3 positions :
2-diminishing/enhancing the issue
7-self, your feelings and attitudes about the issue
8-what you are attracting from the outside

(I’m having trouble with the meaning of the cards with an *)

For example, how would this be interpreted?
1 – schizophrenia
2 – patience
7 – clinging to the past
8 – awareness *

Now, I understand these cards somewhat so this would be my simple interpretation:
The issue is not being able to make a decision about two very important things that are pulling you in two different directions[1] and you have been sitting on the fence with this for a very long time now[2]. Your sitting on the fence because you keep focusing on things have happened in the past, which you wish were different, not realizing all the treasure that are in front of you right now. It would be better to look at the situation by let ting go of the past that has been consuming your mind, and focus on what is, right now. You may find that the decision is not so difficult to make after all[7].
You are attracting awareness [8]….. I get stuck here.

But now, here is another example, where I have no idea how to read the relationship between the cards.

1 - completion
2 - innocence *
7 - letting go
8 - conditioning *

Judy

Master Margarita,

I would love to see your spread and how you interpret it, but I can't view it in the area that your link directed me to. I don't think I have access to that area.

Master_Margarita

Judy said:
Master Margarita,

I would love to see your spread and how you interpret it, but I can't view it in the area that your link directed me to. I don't think I have access to that area.

You need to be a member for a week, I think, which you have been, and have 25 posts, which you're still working on. But soon, soon!

M_M~

Sulis

Judy said:
I’ve only been using the celtic cross spread over the past year and realized recently through other posts that it is a tough one to master, but I’m determined.

I use it as described in the back of the Osho book that comes with the deck.

4 9
5 1-2 6 8
3 7

I was having difficulty with position 4-conscious influences, but then I read a post here where someone said they were taught that this was the lesson you need to learn. That just made all the sense in the world to me and has improved the interpretation of the cards in that position.

I am still struggling with the following 3 positions :
2-diminishing/enhancing the issue
7-self, your feelings and attitudes about the issue
8-what you are attracting from the outside

(I’m having trouble with the meaning of the cards with an *)

For example, how would this be interpreted?
1 – schizophrenia
2 – patience
7 – clinging to the past
8 – awareness *

Now, I understand these cards somewhat so this would be my simple interpretation:
The issue is not being able to make a decision about two very important things that are pulling you in two different directions[1] and you have been sitting on the fence with this for a very long time now[2]. Your sitting on the fence because you keep focusing on things have happened in the past, which you wish were different, not realizing all the treasure that are in front of you right now. It would be better to look at the situation by let ting go of the past that has been consuming your mind, and focus on what is, right now. You may find that the decision is not so difficult to make after all[7].
You are attracting awareness [8]….. I get stuck here.

But now, here is another example, where I have no idea how to read the relationship between the cards.

1 - completion
2 - innocence *
7 - letting go
8 - conditioning *

I think that part of the problem you're getting with interpreting these cards is that you are relying on simply the keywords used on the Osho Zen and not on the actual cards.
What card has the keywords 'attracting awareness', 'innocence' and 'letting go'?

Could I also remind you of the rules for posting readings in the Study Groups forums:
Moonbow* said:
PLEASE READ - Study Group forum, new guidelines

Readings for practice with a specific deck are being trialed within the Study Group forum, provided the following is met:

~ The reading is not an exchange for the purpose of reading for another member, (which should be posted in the Reading Exchange forum).

~ The reading is not one where the poster is 'only' interested in an interpretation of their reading, (which should be posted in Your Readings forum); instead of the main focus which is the deck study.

~ The reading/s is consistent with studying the specified deck, and therefore any discussion and dialogue in the thread should be for that reason.

The purpose of these guidelines is to ensure that the participants in a deck study have the full opportunity to study the deck in a reading sense, as well as an individual card study. For that reason we will not accept readings that would be better suited in Reading Exchange, Reading Circles or Your Readings.

The main focus of any reading in this forum must be that of investigating, consideration, and acquiring knowledge through practical study.

Judy

Sulis said:
I think that part of the problem you're getting with interpreting these cards is that you are relying on simply the keywords used on the Osho Zen and not on the actual cards.
What card has the keywords 'attracting awareness', 'innocence' and 'letting go'?

Could I also remind you of the rules for posting readings in the Study Groups forums:

I'm sorry, but your message is not clear. I have no clue what your saying.

I have read the Osho books many many times trying to figure out how to interpret each individual card. I have also read all the posts for each card. Yet, I still can't understand what certain cards mean especially when you combine them with certain spread position meanings. I don't know where to post my question for individual cards. I thought that maybe seeing how a card I don't understand is interpreted in a reading, it would make more sense to me.

I didn't realize I was posting a reading since I was only inquiring about 3 positions out of 10. The positions could be replaced by any card. I'm just trying to understand them.

Should this question be posted in another section? I didn't see a place where Osho spreads are studied and I don't know the traditional deck so readings based on other decks are really foreign to me.