Osho spreads

Judy

Master_Margarita said:
Speaking very broadly, you can read tarot with some nod to the conventional card meanings, or you can read tarot intuitively. The others on this thread have been asking what you feel is the source of the trouble you say you are having, and your answers seem to indicate you are having trouble reading intuitively (this isn't how you phrased it--just my words).
I think you are right... some of my trouble is trusting what I think and feel about a card. But I am also having a bit of technical difficulty, as in what some of the spread positions mean. As I've been studying this over the past year, every once in a while I have a huge light bulb moment and then it all makes sense for a card, or position or the relationship between two cards in positions. But I've been stuck on the ones I mentioned for a while. I think you have helped to clear up Osho CC #7&8. Now my only stumbling block in the spread is position 2.

I think that seeing an Osho Celtic Cross spread interpretation would help heaps. That is one thing I haven't seen from someone else's point of view. I've been in my own little box, poking around blindly trying to make sense of something I've never experienced... I've never had a tarot reading of anykind, so I'm really in the dark finding my own light.

...there are threads that you can read within this deck study that discuss each 79 of the Osho Zen cards, and you may find some insight there...
Yes, I have gone through most of them, and read the ones I'm having trouble with several times. The different points of view help me to look at different aspects of the card, but don't help in a reading sense for about 10 of the cards.

thanks for all your help, I appreciate your time.

Judy

Master_Margarita said:
... the CC generally is not the easiest spread in the world to use, and I tend not to use it a lot with any deck. I personally think that there are other spreads that make better use of the OZ's unique "voice" than the CC.
What spreads would you recommend??
It's probably time I try a new one while working out the kinks in the CC.

Master_Margarita

Judy said:
What spreads would you recommend??
It's probably time I try a new one while working out the kinks in the CC.

I had a lot of fun using the "paradox" spread in the back of the book. You won't be able to see the examples I posted until you have 25 posts, so let me go see if I can cut-and-paste what I'm talking about.

Master_Margarita said:
I'm intrigued by a spread described in the Osho Zen book. It is meant to be quick, I think, not deep and prolonged.

It goes like this:

1. This card will describe your here and now.
2. This card will identify past-life influences.
3. This card will provide insight into the paradox.

Here is an example of a reading:

Master_Margarita said:
What your life is like in the here and now: Compromise (6 of Rainbows/Pentacles). This is a bad card in this deck. You are compromising your true beliefs, and this has you going down the wrong track in your life. Don't compromise instead of asking for help. Asking for help goes against the ego, and hence we try to compromise instead.

What is your past life influence: Participation (4 of Fire/Wands) Your past life was more auspicious, because you lived cooperatively and harmoniously with others. Because you asked for help, you didn't need to compromise.

The paradox: The Miser (4 of Rainbows/Pentacles) You are clinging to something, not necessarily material. Whatever you're holding on to, however, it is impeding your growth and your ability to live with others. If you can stop clinging to your ideals of ego, your image of yourself as too big and strong to ask for help, the paradox will be resolved and you can live happily in community as you have in the past. By grasping, you receive less. By opening up, you receive more.

Interesting to note: your reading is all minor arcana, mostly 4s--structure, stability, caution, playing it safe--and mostly Pentacles, grounded in the physical world. Think about it, stay in the present.

M_M

Judy

MM

That's great!! It's good to look at a reading with cards I'm familiar with. I didn't try that spread because I didn't really understand it. I'll look at it again.

Thanks for the cut and paste.

Rev_Vesta

Hi....

I love reading with Osho Zen Tarot..........

I work with it as a general overview in life..........
issues, goals, desires, paths need to take, doorways that need to open......

The Gate way Spread is a great way to look at this deck....

card #1 card #2

Card #7 card #8 card #9 Card #10 card #3 card #4

card #5 card #6

card on Left is The Doorwar/Gateway
card on Right is the topic....
#2 Self
#4 Love
#6 Career
#8 Life in general
#10 Spirituality.....

Play with it.. expand in it.......this is a very easy spead without getting too complicated....... i find it really works with clients........ (KISS Keep it simple silly .......lol (just something someone who taught me SEC Soul Energy Clearing......told me...)....lol...)

Hope this helps.....

Blessing Vesta...

kayless

Judy said:
I've had my Osho deck for a year now and have studied the cards. I've read through many books on reading spreads, but I still find it difficult to relate the cards to one another and to tell a flowing story. Is there any place on this forum where Osho spreads are studied specifically?

The two books about this deck have beautiful descriptions, but for some of the cards I find it difficult to relate the meaning to the real world.

Any suggestions?

I have the exact same problem. ^^

dayeus

hey can someone post good spreads or the link or tell me where i will find good osho zen spreads because i do not think the celtic cross n others work good with this deck
i prefer fewer cards for ozt compared to rider waite because i feel the cards have more depth.

Sulis

dayeus said:
hey can someone post good spreads or the link or tell me where i will find good osho zen spreads because i do not think the celtic cross n others work good with this deck
i prefer fewer cards for ozt compared to rider waite because i feel the cards have more depth.

Take a look at the Tarot Spreads forum index: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=31867

ThtDancerGuy

I used the Flying Bird spread that is described in the back of the LWB to do a Samhain mystery reading today (the reading is here).

The cards on the "left wing" talk about feminine energies of the moment, and the "right wing," the masculine, active energies. Each new card responds to the previous one and lifts the bird higher, and the querent into greater clarity.

The positions are:

1. The "Lift Off" (here and now)
2. The resistance card--fear of flying
3. Response-ability to the fear
4. Inner support (intuition) of responsibility
5. External support (intelligent action responding to the intuition)
6. Relaxation and acceptance
7. Arrival at a new level of awareness

I felt that this spread actually makes pretty effective use of the energy of the cards; the masculine wing/feminine wing was a little hard to relate though.

Namaste,

M~

I would agree with you. This particular spread does well to teach a new reader with the deck how to relate each card to one another, so as to create a flowing story amongst the cards through the action of each card "working" off of the card before it. It's a smart yet subtle way to introduce storytelling and intuitive understanding of the cards to new readers.