Celestine Prophecy

re-pete-a

ANY START is a good start .
Anything that nurtures a lean towards an enquiry is a good thing.

FOLLOW YOUR NOSE.

If noses started leading them to wards the CP,

Brilliant !!

Lula Jing

re-pete-a said:
FOLLOW YOUR NOSE.
Well, I suppose you don't know if something stinks until you smell it! ;)

I don't think anyone is preaching right/wrong here, just giving opinions on the book. Nobody has said do this or do that instead, or this is the right book.

I don't regret reading the book, it was mildly entertaining (in a wierd way) but all the way along I felt like I was watching a terrible B movie. And from what I hear, the DVD is a bit like... a terrible B movie.

Just an opinion!

re-pete-a

Shy Priestess said:
Well, I suppose you don't know if something stinks until you smell it! ;)

I don't think anyone is preaching right/wrong here, just giving opinions on the book. Nobody has said do this or do that instead, or this is the right book.

I don't regret reading the book, it was mildly entertaining (in a wierd way) but all the way along I felt like I was watching a terrible B movie. And from what I hear, the DVD is a bit like... a terrible B movie.

Just an opinion!

A very reasonable opinion too.

It didn't suit you , but you did explore it.

What more is there to do.

Lillie

re-pete-a said:
To Questions asked,
WHAT SHOULD I START TO STUDY ,WHAT SHOULD I FOLLOW. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY.

the answer is :
ANY START is a good start .
Anything that nurtures a lean towards an enquiry is a good thing.

FOLLOW YOUR NOSE.

If noses started leading them to wards the CP,

Brilliant !!

I am just giving my own personal opinion of a book.
If other people think differently about it then good for them.
If Teheuti got something of value from it then that is wonderful.

It does not prevent me, or anyone else, giving their opinion of this book.

Re-Pete-A.
Have you read this book?
Do you have an opinion on it?
Because if you have and do then let's hear it.

re-pete-a

Your opinion is indeed ok.

And yes ,the book was read quite a while ago , and has disappeared into the many other volumes.

If that book were to land in anothers hands and be written off without looking , then the syncronicity of it's arrival would be wasted.

gregory

I don't see that the synchronicity of any book arriving anywhere is wasted by its being ignored. However if that's true - I have to give up AT. :(

I own almost 25,000 books and if I have to read them all before I die - well, I am 65 already, so....

I am quite happy to ignore books that people I respect hugely - like Lillie - have described in terms which have turned me right off them. In my view that counts as making up my own mind. (Sorry, Teheuti, your opinions are also interesting, shit to gold or not ;) but I know Lillie personally, and every time we have shared our views about a book we have both read, they pretty much match !)

Lillie

This thread is about our opinions on a particular book, not about what we should study and why.

If you want to talk about that, without reference to any one particular book then perhaps you should start a new thread on the subject.

As everyone knows, I am always on topic, so please, let's keep this thread to the topic of this book and our opinions of it rather than a general discussion of book study in general.

Also, if you really want to know, maybe someone coming across my opinion (or anyone's opinion) of this or any other book, could also count as syncronicity.

Lillie

There is probably much that people could say about this book, both for and against.

Clearly I am against and have spoken very loudly to say so.

This is because I found myself angered and offended by this book, by what I perceived as it's dishonesty.
I felt as though it had tried to con me, and I really didn't like that.
But in the end that is just my view.
My not very humble opinion.

There has been a suggestion that to speak so vociferously against something is to, in some way, deny other people the ability to benefit from it.
I disagree strongly.

In one way it would be flattering to think my opinion was so influential that my word alone could determine someone's spiritual growth but I have a higher opinion of people than that.
People can read what I have written and still decide whether or not to read a book on their own account.
People on this forum who have read what I have written will go ahead and do what they want to do anyway.
It would be humorous to suggest otherwise.

And if they, like Teheuti or like the original poster, get something from the book then I am more than glad for them.

I myself did not benefit from this book, but if one was to read this thread from the beginning it would be seen that I freely offered my copy to anyone who wanted it, thereby giving them the opportunity to judge it for themselves.
As it happened no one ever took me up on the offer.
I think I still have it somewhere, it's the 'book I couldn't even give away'!

Bernice

I've just read the Wiki info. about this book. Nothing new here except for the viewpoint and suggested approach - although even that isn't exactly *new* either.

Not impressed. But if it speaks to others, no probelm.

Bee :)

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Some off-topic posts have been removed from this thread. Any further off-topic posts will be removed without notice. Please keep all posts in this thread on the topic of the book Celestine Prophecy.