The Toon Tarot Now Under Development

Tomsde

I'm very excited to announce that I've begun work on my Toon Tarot. I'm very excited about this project and hope to bring something unique to the world of Tarot Decks. The attached image includes the type of characters that will be found in this fun deck--although the actual characters themselves may varry a bit from what is shown here. I will post more images as I work, hope you enjoy the process.

Attachments

• Toon-Tarot-Promo-Final.jpg
    Toon-Tarot-Promo-Final.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 167

emmsma

Cute. Look forward to seeing more.

porcupines

hahaha this looks like so much fun, looking forward to updates! :)

AJ

I can see these in the ultimate Yule Tarot :)

or a Sabbats and Esbats tarot...sky is the limit really and what you want to do to the backgrounds.
Speaking of that, if it isn't specifically pagan oriented, please use something besides pents?

Looking forward to what you produce for us Tom!

Alta

I like the look of the promo, very promising.

Catmoon

I'll keep this thread closely watched ;)
The characters look so appealing to me,very promising!!!!
Eager to see the result of your work!

Tomsde

Actually, I was thinking of using Coins instead of Pents, but I need to come up with a decent coin design. This is just a preliminary image, everything is subject to change at this point--but I wanted to do this demo/promo so people could get an idea of what the style will be like. Thanks for your encouraging comments.

bogiesan

Actually, I was thinking of using Coins instead of Pents, but I need to come up with a decent coin design. This is just a preliminary image, everything is subject to change at this point--but I wanted to do this demo/promo so people could get an idea of what the style will be like. Thanks for your encouraging comments.

"Toon" as in editorial or comic page cartoons or as in animated cartoons?

The 3D modeling of the initial image suggests influences from many seminal animators and cartoonists. Will these scenes on your cards be an homage to those artists and humorists or direct visual quotations? Or are you taking off on your own direction? That is almost impossible to do, as is coming up with new images for your scenes, without acknowledging those who have gone before you.

With nods to the classic cartoonists, the suits may become sillier than you had intended if one looks back at the implements cartoon characters have wielded or held or contemplated.

Please post an image every once in a while. Looks fun and promising and, I fully understand, a ton of serious work.

Tomsde

I'm putting my own spin on things. The word Toon in the CG community commonly refers to 3D models that resemble traditional cartoon characters or are not meant to create photorealistic images. These I feel more akin to characters created for stop motion animations like claymation (Gumby) or a childhood favorite (Davey and Goliath). More images to follow, but as you said it's a time consuming process.

Ashtaroot

Nice.. I'm interested
:thumbsup: