Satanic Deck

lilwinky

Naos Deck....

I tried to search for more info on other site...you know, doing a yahoo search...but, alas! I couldn't seem to find it! Bummer! I would have been very curious as to what it looked like!

lilwinky

Abrac

I've been waiting and waiting for a good oracle deck based on LaVeyan Satanism. Such a deck wouldn't be "dark" per se. It would adhere to the Satanic formula: 99 parts acceptability to 1 part outrage. It would be a blend of both darkness and light, but you wouldn't be sure exactly which was which. ;)

I guess I'll have to keep waiting. :(

fools fool

Umbrae

For a GOOD dark deck, I recomend the Book of Kaos by Oryelle Defenestrate-Bascule

mac22

Umbrae said:
I, who lean towards dark decks am roflmao

I wholeheartedly agree.......ROTFLMAO...Methinks we nothing to fear from these wannabe Satanists...})

Clau

Somewhere I read the deck changed names and was now called the New Ona Sinister tarot.

I googled it and found this:

http://www.sodl.moonfruit.com/sinistertarot

Is this the deck you guys were talking about?

It's not my cup of tea, but it is a good looking deck, and IMHO in terms of drawings and art kicks some other decks butt real hard. :p

WolfSpirit

It's been a while since I have seen the scans, but I don't think it's the same one. I think it was less realistically drawn people, and more symbolic.
And mainly black and white.

lilwinky

Sinister Deck....

That Sinister Tarot deck looked at first like something I would NOT be interested in...but, then I saw a few more pictures, and now I think, hmmm not bad!
Some of the drawings remind me of this artist that I have in another book, that does drawings like that for joke books, from like in the seventies or eighties...I don't know who the artist is...for the joke books that is...wonder who did the art for these cards?

lilwinky

p.s. would you get these if they had them, and how much are they for a deck?

Alta

lilwinky said:
p.s. would you get these if they had them, and how much are they for a deck?
No, I know I wouldn't. I saw the whole deck when the site was up and running. They were 1000AUD I believe. The online currency converter says that is 873Cdn or 733US. Way too much for me, especially for a deck I didn't like.

lilwinky

I was just looking at the decks that people do have!!

And ,WOW! There are "collectors' and there are COLLECTORS! sErIouS cOlLeCtOrS! YOW!

I see these super long lists, and I am thinking....you guys not only must love those cards but, you also must love to ReAd those CaRdS!!!!!

I am still learning about all the different types there are out there...I think that I saw something to do with the Olympics or something...Rider-Waite? I am not sure what it was...I will have to check it again sometime, when I have the time.....I saved the thread in my email...so I can relook at it!
I think that it is quite a feat to be able to collect all of those cards! Lucky you!

By, the way, a friend of mine just happened to inherit the Mother Peace tarot..I looked them up, they are sort of unusual....aren't there some other cards that are similarly made like them as well? and what are they? I recall there are, but, forgot the title of them!

Anyone have the Mother Peace card deck, and what do you like or love about these cards?
(My friend loves her deck alot!)

lilwinky

Nocturnal Lure

Clau said:
Somewhere I read the deck changed names and was now called the New Ona Sinister tarot.

I googled it and found this:

http://www.sodl.moonfruit.com/sinistertarot

Is this the deck you guys were talking about?

It's not my cup of tea, but it is a good looking deck, and IMHO in terms of drawings and art kicks some other decks butt real hard. :p

Thanks for the link...

At first I had a strong sensation of this whole concept being that of a poser who was just trying to get some controversial attention. Now that I had the chance to take a good look at the cards I have altered my opinion a bit, it looks good and the general concept of the buitl up seems interesting.

A deck like this might certainly have it's purpose... still if the named prices are right, I don't think I will ever see this deck in my collection, though I will keep my eyes open for it.