"but you've already got a Tarot deck!"

moderndayruth

Nevada said:
Aw, gregors, sorry about your boss. I had a boss years ago that I was close to that way, who died. He never knew about my Tarot, but I'm sure he would've teased me about it. We can't replace your former boss, but we will continue to tease you relentlessly about all your decks to help ease your pain. })
Oy! :bugeyed: :eek: :D

OT (i guess): my boss knew about collecting, encouraged my general Tarot-mania and encouraged me to write the book, he even proof-read couple of stories, hence he is one of the people to whom "Io Triumpe" is dedicated. ;)

grogory said:
we sometimes wonder about burgularrrrs !!!

:WL :WL :WL Here is the spell that all the negative spirits and people will be banned forever from approaching Greg's collection - for her good and for us to continue having an example (eghhh, that's - excuse) in the furure! :D

nisaba

gregory said:
Mr Gregory enjoys !
Does not boast - we sometimes wonder about burgularrrrs !!!
Yeah ... it would be hard to explain to an insurance company why some decks are worth $20 and others worth $600 when trying to get household contents insurance!

gregory

Even at the PURCHASE prices (I have full records) I am either fine (single items) or grotesquely under-insured. But what's the point - so many are irreplaceable....

nisaba

Nevada said:
Originally Posted by nisaba
On a completely unrelated matter, I am now the proud owner of a lump of Butterscotch-jade, which has been partially carved to represent a reclining (fat) buddha resting in an alcove of native, unhewn stone.
That sounds lovely -- and hurray, nisaba's shopping! :)
Now, wait a minute, if I'd gone to the TG, I could have had *two* decks out of that money, and possibly some change. What did I get? A lump of rock. It looks even prettier in my home than in a shop window full of Pretty Things, though. But ... but ... but ... but it could have been two decks!

nisaba

Nevada said:
he's still here in a box with the spare deck. Do you think that's ghoulish of me?
Ghoulish is what the Dwarves did to Snow White.

After she died, I mean.

gregory

nisaba said:
Ghoulish is what the Dwarves did to Snow White.

After she died, I mean.
But just as well, as she didn't die..... :D If they had buried her underground and she had later woken up, having been kissed by an earthworm prince - THAT would have been ghoulish.

Also very very horrible and I have scared myself. :eek:

I have just bought another deck I clearly don't need, as I do already have - er - one.... But I don't take delivery for a couple of weeks, so I have time to dispose of the other one ! :D

nisaba - didn't you already have a rock ? I don't, so you can give it to me ! But fast - as grandson is polishing rocks as we speak and I may end up being given one !

nisaba

I'll tell you what - I need to get rid of, er, one rock, and you need to get rid of, er, one pre-existing deck. Swapsies? I'll pay for the shipping container ... (I can recycle it as a spare room by cutting out holes for doors and windows later).

The hilarious thing is that about ten minutes ago, Mary herself, whose innocent comment sparked this whole thread, just walked out of my house, having turned up unexpectedly. She has to make the round, then later tonight she'll be back to spend some time waiting for her daughter.

I might remove the dead cockroach I saw her looking at that she was far to well-bred to mention.

I might spread out a few dozen decks, all unwrapped and with their most gorgeous cards on top.

Damn, what to choose ... Granny isn't that photogenic, but I can hear them all rustling around in their wicker basket calling out "pick me! pick me!"

What to choose ... we've all agreed in this thread that Mary has to be educated.

gregory

WELL - what you GOT ????? Education..... Um.......

Cloisters ?

Starshower

A quick, semi-off-topic aside: What Road To Damascus incident converted a certain Opinionated Loudmouth of our aquaintance into this paradigm of peaceful, compliant, houseproud harmony that we now see before us? Did I miss something whilst away bonding with my more-than-one decks?
(Tenuous thread-connection: why do some people have more than one stone / crystal / pair of jeans?)

And Gregory - you are my Number One Excuse & I love you dearly.

In brackets for secrecy:
< is secretly planning trip to the Pennines, but no-one tell her.>

Umbrae

nisaba said:
I was - well, I *wasn't* expecting a parcel from the Tarotgarden, because the main parcel had already arrived. However, Umbrae had mailed a part of that consignment separately to me, the Blue Moon, a slim 22-card deck.

Umbrae is a bit of a fusspot, and had sealed it very, very well.
Actually, it wasn’t me at all, but rather that Dan guy from the TG. Had I shipped it, it would have been easily accessable. But Dan is a packing expert, and prides himself in assuring that each package gets to where it is going with no damage from the most extreme tossers.

He was pleased when he saw this thread and asked me to give you his thanks. (actually he said, “Do be a dear and give her my love.” But you know – it’s just not like me to be like that…).