11 years of Aeclectic

Wendywu

Le Fanu said:
I absolutely loved doing my recent Power Animals Tarot Readings (subscribers only).

That thread made me happy every day! Just shows - you can read with absolutely anything, if you're a reader. Beer-mats anyone?

gregory

Emily said:
If you go to the members list and then click on the join date button, it will list the first members of AT. Some are still active.
Actually it lies to some extent, as far as I know; there was the Great Server Crash (I think it may have been a hacker) - long before my time, and it started before we think, as you might say....

Lunalyn

Happy Birthday AT!!
I became interested in Tarot last year while looking around the internet for spiritual topics.
then I came across ATF and of course was hooked. at first I lurked for a while but then joined.
I'm glad to have come across this community because there aren't many people in 'real life' to talk to about Tarot.
the forum is always entertaining and I didn't know that there were so many decks....
sometimes I like to just look through the lists of Tarot and Oracle Decks. the artwork is amazing.
and there are so many people knowledgeable people on the forums. there is always more to learn.
lyn

Mellaenn

:party: Congratulations to AT!!! :party:

There are a couple of things in the past decade that really 'rocked my tarot world' and Aeclectic is certainly one of them. I joined and lurked for awhile, thinking I didn't really know enough to participate. Then I realized that it is a learning forum and that everyone is welcome, so I gradually crept out of my shell. I have actually morphed from an avid amateur tarotist to a pro reader during my time here.

Some of my favorite events include:

*The Trade Train with its ubiquitous Trade Train Pubs and our fearless leader, TCO, who keeps the trains running :heart:

*Linking with AT members here and meeting up 'in real life' at the Readers Studio in New York, enjoying the AT dinners and trade trains organized by the bearer of the 'spangly-a**ed blanked himself, Scion

*The Flotsam and Jetsam Oracles that we created under Satori's loving guidance

*Watching tarot decks move from the springboard of imagination to actual fruition, especially those by Ciro M

*The Five of Pentacles package exchanges hosted by Grizabella

I'm sure there are many more that I will think of as soon as I hit the "submit" button, but those are the ones that come immediately to mind.

BlueDragonfly

:party: Happy Birthday AT! :party:

And Thank You Solandia, for being the foundation of all that AT has become!

Being a member of this forum has changed my life in many ways, expanded my knowledge of tarot, enabled me to look at my spirituality differently, and brought so many wonderful people into my life. My tiny world has grown so much in the last year and a half. I :love: AT and all the fabulous people I've met here.

MareSaturni

A bit of Marinian history...

I first discovered AT when I was 13 years old. That was in... 2001? An english teacher introduced tarot to me, and I immediately started looking for resources. That's when I bought my first tarot deck, a brazilian edition of the "Enchanted Tarot". (And I still have it - it lives in my mother's bedroom!)

Yep.

I joined back then but my English was so crappy I almost never posted. Time passed, I forgot about tarot a bit thanks to High School, and I came back on 2005, first year at the University. That's when I got the username I have now.

I'm 23 now. That means AT has been with me for nearly a decade - nearly half of my life as well.

Isn't that scary? :D LOL!

I have a lot to thank AT for! For the many nice decks I have, for the knowledge I gained regarding tarot & divination and specially, for all the great and wonderful people I met. I owe AT many of my dearest friends! :heart:

I look forward for the next 10 years in these purple pages! ;)

-----------------------------------------------------

I found my old account! How embarrassing! But that is (was) me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Aulruna

Happy birthday AT!!

I feel very young today, after all, I only joined in 2004 :D

Originally, I only used the cards resource and did not look at the forums at all. I was a member of the Comparative Tarot and TarotL yahoo groups back then, and found them a good resource.

Here is my shameful secret, I only joined because of the trades forum! And then I did not trade for years, but was immediately pulled into the community.

Some of the highlights:

* The Halloween trade train with RPG elements "Curse of the Misfortune Teller"

* The introduction of the A. Nonny Mouse program, including the creation of the Nonny decks

* Participating in the 3rd AT community deck

* Meeting the first bunch of ATers in person at the New York meetup, being enthusiastically welcomed, and attending the Readers Studio with that confidence ... will be going for the 4th time in two weeks!

* Doing a very personal ritual last year with Solandia, Scion, franniee, Marina and thorhammer attending

*Also very emotional - the Farewell & Kaddish threads for Dwaas

*SOOD

* Many great new Divination techniques: Sheri's coffee bean reading technique, Flotsam & Jetsam aka Junk Oracles ...

* The Christmas card exchange 2010

... and so many other things I'll just stop here!

Some random stats:

* My deck collection went from 65 into the four digits since I joined.
* My Oracle subcollection quadrupled (from 100 to 400) since I became an Oracles mod
* I send and receive about 25 AT related parcels per year
* With a cautious estimate of 30 minutes per day (on most days, it is much more than that) I have by now spent 55 whole days on AT (1.319 hours in 2.638 days of membership)

All in all, AT has been a very significant part of my journey.

Chronata

Before I found this amazing place, it had never occurred to me that there were people on the internet who loved tarot as much as I did!

I discovered AT while searching for a new deck for my birth-day. I already had quite a collection then, but it fascinated me that there would be so many more beautiful decks available, that couldn't just be bought in a store.

There was a time , I remember when I could look at the bottom of the home page at the 80 or so usernames...and I knew at least one interesting fact about every single one of them! (can't do that quite as easily anymore)

What I love about this place is the friendships I have made. I am really pretty reserved in real life, and so I don't always make friends as easy as I have here. And there are people here who have changed my life in so many beautiful ways.

And I remember the very first time I shyly and with much trepidation posted the images for a masquerade themed deck in Creation, and all the amazing encouragement I received!

Emily

gregory said:
Actually it lies to some extent, as far as I know; there was the Great Server Crash (I think it may have been a hacker) - long before my time, and it started before we think, as you might say....

If memory serves me right, I think it was a hacker, August 01, I was here then under a different name and can still remember the shock when AT did come back and nearly all the threads and postings had gone. Solandia worked hard to salvage what she could but irreplaceable postings were lost, the forum wasn't even that big then.

But you are right with the members list, we all just rushed to join again but having lost so much knocked the stuffing out of me and I rejoined again later with a new name.

Since those days, AT has just grown and, hopefully, we won't have to go through anything like that again.

shadowdancer

Happy anniversary :D

I remember when I joined I had 6 decks and thought I was the bees knees for having so many. Oh I learned and was humbled. Quickly too. :D Through this site I was a kid in a sweetshop for many years and discovered Lo Scarabeo. A spending frenzy then followed. Luckily have calmed down a lot over recent years and have halved my collection to something manageable.

I guess that is one over riding memory - having my eyes opened to the sheer volume of terrific decks that exist. My awareness had been at that point based on what I had seen on shop shelves.

Oh and Little Buddha/Little Baron is also a member I miss.

oh and a huge thanks to Solandia for being the rock behind this site. You have a lot to be proud of, and we owe a lot to you.