1 sitter - 2 readers - can you pose same question?!

Sulis

And anohter moderator note

Could we please stop with the meta-discussion (discussing the thread and who said what rather than the topic of the thread)?
To remind you all of what the topic of the thread is it's 'Is it OK to ask the same question of more than one reader, especially in the Reading Exchange)?'.

Please stop discussing different members and get back to discussing that question.
Any more posts directed at specific people will be removed.

Sulis - Your Readings co-moderator

SunChariot

Hi guys! :)

Hope you're all well!

I was wondering what your view is on sitters that pose the same question they asked you, to another reader (without you necessarily knowing the reasons behind it).

Recently I have asked a question to a reader (reader A) who kindly offered readings for practice and feedback. I then asked the same question to another reader (reader B). Reader A got quite annoyed, although they retrieved their offer for a reading in a polite way!

Personally, I think asking the same question to two different readers should not be frowned upon, because this is a learning forum. The sitter, as well as the reader are here to learn from each other.

My opinion is that if you are here to learn, then why not have fun and see if the same message comes out from another reader, or how different messages might come through...or how different cards are interpreted to convey the same message, or how similar cards are interpreted differently.

I can see why reader A got annoyed, but their action in retrieving their offer for a reading (even when I offered a new question to replace the older one) made me feel bad!

But I really don't think I should feel bad or guilty about it!

Honest opinions are welcome...!! :)

My opinion is that if you have a question that you need answers to, it is your life issue and your decision who you ask for help, You can ask one person to read, you can ask ten. That is your decision and totaly up to you.

If Reader A got annoyed she was likely attributing feelings to you that in fact she did not know for sure you were feeling. She/he might have been thinking it was a sign that you did not trust him.her that you asked someone else. And maybe had that thought at got worked up about it. But she/he had no real way of knowing if this was true or not.

Maybe you just like mulitple readings and find each extremely valuable as each reader sees things differently and might see diffrestn aspects fo the same issue, Each reaching can be helpful in its own way and expand our point of view of the situation,.

My guess is that she felt you did not value her and got upset. But again she had no idea of knowng if thsi was true unless she asked you. In these cases my view si that it is better to be open and instead of getting upset for Reader A tojust to ask you if you contacted Reader B because you did not trust her of have faith in her.his skills. Than you could have told him no and there was no need for upset.

This is what makes sense to me. Find out for sure before getting upset.

So any any opinion is that it was your question, you had the right to seek out as many people as you felt could best help you,. And that no you have nothing to feel guilty for. Reader A likely imagined a potential reason why you sougbht out more than one reader and got upset over it without even being sure if that reason was true. People do that a lot in life, (sigh). So much better to talk first. I dont even think you upset Reader A, the thoughts she.he had as a result of the incident upset her/him.

I agree thsi is a learning forum,. and we are all here to help each other in whatever way we can. It is for the querent to decide which kind fo help they want.

But for me personally even if someone hired me professionally and then went to another reader with the exact same question it would not bother me at all. it si their right. And I would just tell myself i don't know their reasons so why imagine anythind bad there.

Babs