New Sabian Symbol Website

MCsea

Hey purple_scorp

I hope you enjoy Lyndas book as much as I do! It seriously has change my life - and that of everyone I know who has it :)

I hope you get some time to join the individual symbol interpretations, its not only rewarding but surprising :)

I also see the musician symbols as astrology symbols- reading different symbols and creating something new.

I play the piano also - and have performed its one of my asteroid symbols, but Im pretty sure its this the sabian symbols where I really make my music!

:)

MARINA

MCsea

Other References

Now I love Lynda HILLs book - the best by a fair way, but I thought it relevant to post some of the other references (in no particular order) out there (Amazon has most of them) that are also excellent - particularly if their authors are reading ;)

THE Sabian Symbols in Astrology: A Symbol Explained for Each Degree of the Zodiac by Marc Edmund Jones (Paperback - Jul 1993)

Zodiac by Degrees: 360 New Symbols by Steven Forrest and Martin Goldsmith (Paperback - May 2004)

Astrological Mandala (Vintage) by Dane Rudhyar (Paperback - April 12, 1974)

Sabian Symbols in Card Reading by Delle Fowler (Paperback - Aug 30, 2000)

The Sabian Symbols: A Screen of Prophecy by Diana E. Roche (Paperback - Sep 23, 1998)

A DEAR friend of mine is also drawing all 360 symbols - no small feat and doing a wonderful job - so look out for her book in the future :)

MARINA

purple_scorp

MCsea said:
A DEAR friend of mine is also drawing all 360 symbols - no small feat and doing a wonderful job - so look out for her book in the future :)

MARINA
Hi Marina,

That's very interesting. I'm a visual person. In actual fact, I've thought that each of Lynda's descriptions would go really well with an illustration and sadly, I don't have any artistic talent. So, just last night, I set about looking for images on the net that might be suited. I finished Aries and got part way through Taurus. My aim is to resize the images into a consistent card size and then, I was going to put the "new" deck into the Orphalese Tarot Software program.

It is a big job, 360 cards/images but I feel as though I'm really learning something about each degree, as I search for a suitable image.

I was thinking that I could post what I find in the study group against each card as it is discussed.

with love
purple_scorp

Elven

That sounds great Purpl_scorp!!

WOW, you're going great guns!! Posting the pics would be great!!

I look for postcards which represent the Symbols to me - go through some of the old shops and second hand places. Some have writing on them - others, just pictures - theyr're not in order and I have heaps more to collect, but sometimes I just find the 'right' one for me.

Thankyou Marina for the other books too!!
Better start saving for them!!

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Please post the pics you have found, Im still unsure how that works... anyway.. I usually find pictures to add to readings I do also.. but like Elven in no particular order.. :)

I think there is a need for decks / book of images.. many different sytles like the tarot cards.. as the world wakes up to the symbols... there will always be readers and people who want to know, and many many people see much more in an image (through normal vision and meditation) than words - AT TIMES...

:))

Elven

I have been playing on the website with the Numerology :p and just thought, because you can type out a quote in there as well - what about putting in a Sabian Symbol and seeing what numbers and symbols associate with each other.

Here are some below.
My question is what might the relevance between the Symbols indicate - and what would be the relevance of them numerologically? - is it associated with the core reduced number? - a personality aspect? - a conflict - a parrallel?
Is there no connection :eek: (heaven forbid!)

Now I have noticed that some of the Symbols that are used on the website are slightly different from the ones I use in the book - do you think that the same set of symbols should be used to calculate as well as to choose from?

This is like doing a 2 card Tarot spread and thinking what the question might be after the draw!! LOL!! :p

Any thoughts appreciated! :)

Aries 1~ A WOMAN HAS RISEN OUT OF THE OCEAN, A SEAL IS EMBRACING HER.
Total number for Aries 1 is = 207/9
The Sabian Symbol associated with this number is:
AN AIRPLANE SAILS, HIGH IN THE CLEAR SKY.

CANCER 17 ~ THE SEED GROWS INTO KNOWLEDGE AND LIFE.
Total number for Cancer 17 is = 155/11 (Master Number no reduction used)
A MAN BECOMING AWARE OF NATURE SPIRITS AND NORMALLY UNSEEN SPIRITUAL ENERGIES.

VIRGO 9 ~ AN EXPRESSIONIST PAINTER MAKING A FUTURISTIC DRAWING.
Total Number for Virgo 9 is = 226/10/1
A GIRL'S FACE BREAKING INTO A SMILE.

GEMINI 15 ~ TWO DUTCH CHILDREN TALKING AND STUDYING THEIR LESSONS TOGETHER.
Total Number for Gemini 15 is = 255/12/3
THE GROUND HOG LOOKING FOR ITS SHADOW ON GROUND HOG DAY.

CAPRICORN 3 ~ THE HUMAN SOUL, IN ITS EAGERNESS FOR NEW EXPERIENCES, SEEKS EMBODIMENT.
Total Number for Capricorn 3 is = 270/9
THE POPE BLESSING THE FAITHFUL.

SCORPIO 5 ~ A MASSIVE, UNCHANGING ROCKY SHORE RESISTS THE POUNDING OF THE SEA.
Total Number for Scorpio 5 is: 258/15/6
TINY CHILDREN IN SUNBONNETS.

AQUARIUS 25 ~ A BUTTERFLY WITH THE RIGHT WING MORE PERFECTLY FORMED.
Total Number for Aquarius 25 is = 245/11 (Master Number no reduction used)
AN OLD OWL UP IN A TREE.

Elven

OOOOH I just did my Astrology Symbols LOL!! and then went and pasted Marinas meanings for the planets - which she kindly put in this thread for us - thankyou MCsea!!!! Cool!! :p

Sabian Symbol for the Sun:
SUN = YOUR POWERHOUSE SYMBOL
KARMIC CONDITION OF YOUR SUN HINTS TO EMPOWER YOURSELF
THREE STAINEDLGLASS WINDOWS IN A GOTHIC CHURCH, ONE DAMAGED BY WAR. (2º Capricorn)

Sabian Symbol for the Moon:
THE MOON = EMOTIONS
A LEADER OF MEN WRAPPED IN AN INVISIBLE MANTLE OF POWER. (25º Cancer)

Sabian Symbol for Mercury:
MERCURY = COMMUNICATION
A VEILED PROPHET SPEAKS, SEIZED BY THE POWER OF A GOD. (7º Capricorn)

Sabian Symbol for Venus:
VENUS = EXPRESSES HOW WE LOVE AND ACCEPT LOVE
A BLUEBIRD STANDING AT THE DOOR OF THE HOUSE. (24º Sagittarius)

Sabian Symbol for Mars:
MARS = HOW WE USE ENERGY AND MOTIVATION
THE POPE BLESSING THE FAITHFUL. (30º Sagittarius)

Sabian Symbol for Jupiter:
JUPITER = OUR PERSONAL LUCK AND ABUNDANCE TOOL OFTEN INDICATES YOUR CAREER PATH TOO.
A FLAG IS SEEN TURNING INTO AN EAGLE. (9º Aquarius)

Sabian Symbol for Saturn:
SATURN = A SYMBOL TO UNDERSTAND KARMIC LESSONS IN THIS LIFE
A WOMAN READING TEA LEAVES. (29º Capricorn)

Sabian Symbol for Uranus:
URANUS = THE UNEXPECTED GIFTS AND TALENTS
IN A PORTRAIT THE BEST OF A MAN'S FEATURES AND TRAITS ARE IDEALIZED. (1º Virgo)

Sabian Symbol for Neptune:
NEPTUNE = PSYCHIC - SPIRITUAL TALENTS AND DREAMS FOR THIS LIFE
AN INVENTOR PERFORMS A LABORATORY EXPERIMENT. (13º Scorpio)

Sabian Symbol for Pluto:
PLUTO = HOW TRANSFORMATION AFFECTS WORKS in your life
A BOY MOULDED IN HIS MOTHER'S ASPIRATIONS FOR HIM. (11º Virgo)

Sabian Symbol for the North Node:
YOUR NORTH NODE = LIFE PATH SYMBOL
A HOUSEBOAT PARTY. (19º Leo)

Sabian Symbol for the South Node:
SOUTH NODE = LIFE PATH SYMBOL
A FOREST FIRE QUENCHED. (19º Aquarius)

Sabian Symbol for the Ascendant:
AN EXAMINATION OF INITIATES IN THE SANCTUARY OF AN OCCULT BROTHERHOOD. (12º Pisces)

Sabian Symbol for the Midheaven:
A FLAG THAT TURNS INTO AN EAGLE THAT CROWS. (12º Sagittarius)

Not sure of keywords for Midheaven and Ascendant - will go look them up.
Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

from wilkipedia - The Midheaven is one of the most important angles in the birth chart. It traditionally indicates career, status, aim in life, aspirations, public reputation, and our life goal.
I usually see it as how how other people see you

The Ascendant is of great significance in all schools of astrology due to the fact that it serves as the filter through which everything in a natal chart- including the Sun and Moon- is expressed. Thus, most astrologers believe that the Rising Sign exerts an influence equal to or more powerful than that of the Sun and Moon signs. In Jyotish (Hindu astrology), the Ascendant is without question the most individual and defining element in the chart, and a modern-day Indian, when asked for his or her sign, will usually reply with the sign of their Ascendant.
I usually say we have this 'tint' looking out to the world

We have to note here that both of these symbols will change every 1-3 minutes, and we should consider looking either side of the symbol to make sure..

AMAZING and beautiful symbols Elven!!!!!

MARINA

MCsea

IN regard to the numerology comparisons, and the 2 different 'styles' I sppose I have to 'reduce' my comment to
everything seems to work with the sabian symbols..
these examples you have provided offer a great deal of insight and I feel they have alot in common.. in theme and often in physical nature..

thanks for thinking about that new technique

I asked - WHO WAS ELSIE WHEELER - sum up to 89.
THE FIRST MOCKINGBIRD OF SPRING SINGS FROM THE TREE TOP.
I just hope I spelt her name right!

MARINA

Elven

I really like that Sabian Symbol associated with Elsie Wheeler. I helps somehow, because I often feel her association with the 'Veil' Symbol - but this is a lovely contrast and addition to that.

Blessings
Elven x