11:11 and the tarot?

dminoz

I've seen 11:11 for a few years now. I'd heard of it beforehand; but I'd always written it off as something for people with too much time on their hands, and too many crystals on the window sill. Then it started suddenly one day, hit me like a blitzkrieg, and has never stopped; it comes and goes in waves.

11:11 is something which sounds weird if you've never experienced it, and then after you've experienced it, it gets way weirder... and it is real... but I digress... the last few days has been a real 11:11 tsunami for me, and so it got me thinking:

Has anyone ever come across any attempt by anyone to tie the tarot in with the 11:11 thing? Since there are 22 major acarna, and so many of the images deal with duality, it seems like there could be some fertile ground for an 11:11 division of the trumps...

I pulled a 3-carder (Marseille) about the issue and got

1. Devil
2. Wheel
3. Pope

My first thoughts: Flanking the wheel as the engine of change that keeps the whole shebang going we have the Devil, in which the two figures are chained, naked, facing the viewer, etc, and on the other hand we have the Pope with his two neophytes who are clothed, unchained, facing away from the viewer... these two cards are clearly opposites, and to place them on opposing sides of the Wheel is a pretty clear commentary that there is something going on.

Has anyone done any spreads about 11:11?

Brock Johnson

Please enlighten me on what 11:11 is.

Brock

tarotbear

No idea what the 11:11 thing is, either. Aren't 11 and 22 Prime Numbers?

Shaymus

Silly me, I thought it had to do with the time, such as 11:11, 22:22, 12:34, etc

Shaymus

firecatpickles

I thought 11 was an evil number in tarot -at least to the GD school or to Crowley.

KK

Skysteel

I'm guessing '11:11' relates to the fact that the Hierophant and the Devil are equidistant from the Wheel of Fortune...

EDIT: Okay, now I'm just confused, although I will say I have issues with '12:32'...
- :D

dminoz

Shaymus said:
Silly me, I thought it had to do with the time, such as 11:11, 22:22, 12:34, etc

:) No, although people commonly see the :11 on digital clocks; but it's not confined to time. The 11:11 phenomenon is well known, and a net search will get you lots of reading material, and quite a few sites devoted to it.

Basically, a few years ago some people started seeing :11 or 11:11 or 22:22 everywhere. I know it sounds wacko, and a prime case of new age brain freeze, which is what I used to think of it, but then it got to me, and it's real. As for why it happens:

People say yeah, but you only see it because you're looking for it. I've had a few weird 11 experiences which go way beyond that. I might write one of them up later. But in general, once you've been 11'ed, you know that it's more than just 'looking for it'.

There are all sorts of new age explanations like harmonic convergences and angels and spirit guides and all that, none of which resonates with me. There are a couple of fluffy new age web sites about 11:11 that I went to once and that was enough. But it does seem to have something to do with the way the universe works. It means something, of that I'm sure.

There is also the very interesting fact that the Mayan calendar cycle ends on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:11. That, for some reason, resonates with me. I'll dig up a link for more on that.

The Dreamer

dminoz said:
Basically, a few years ago some people started seeing :11 or 11:11 or 22:22 everywhere. I know it sounds wacko, and a prime case of new age brain freeze, which is what I used to think of it,
I used to think so too.
but then it got to me, and it's real.
Me too. Yes it is.
As for why it happens:

People say yeah, but you only see it because you're looking for it. I've had a few weird 11 experiences which go way beyond that. I might write one of them up later. But in general, once you've been 11'ed, you know that it's more than just 'looking for it'.
Me too. And have yet to sytematically write mine up, though I've written a little about it.

There are all sorts of new age explanations like harmonic convergences and angels and spirit guides and all that, none of which resonates with me.
I don't know what to make of those either.
There are a couple of fluffy new age web sites about 11:11 that I went to once and that was enough.
Ditto.
But it does seem to have something to do with the way the universe works. It means something, of that I'm sure.
This is also my conclusion.

There is also the very interesting fact that the Mayan calendar cycle ends on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:11pm. That, for some reason, resonates with me. I'll dig up a link for more on that.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=45566

Lillie

23 does it too.