10 of wands

tryingtoreadtarot

what do you see in this card??

I see it as a person who is overburdened or taking on too much.

I would like others point of view to make sure i am understanding this card correctly. thanks!

Grizabella

I agree with that. But it could also mean being so focused on one project or enterprise that you neglect everything else. Not being able to see the forest for the trees or to see that you may be headed for disaster. Tunnel vision, in other words.

Thirteen

tryingtoreadtarot said:
what do you see in this card??

I see it as a person who is overburdened or taking on too much.
Exactly right. As an elaboration, it could indicate someone who has trapped themselves with that "too much." In other words, whatever you've created, you've made it so that no one else can do the job. Only you can carry the burden, only you know how to do it right, so there's no delegating parts of it to anyone else. You're stuck with it.

firecatpickles

It can also mean that a person just doesn't know when to let go. This card reminds me of someone who needs to move on, whose work is done, and yet holds on for dear life, refusing to finish up the process and start a new project or job. The 10 reduces to a "one", after all... signifies a new beginning and is reflected in the Magician & Wheel of Fortune.

EarthFaery

kilts_knave said:
It can also mean that a person just doesn't know when to let go. This card reminds me of someone who needs to move on, whose work is done, and yet holds on for dear life, refusing to finish up the process and start a new project or job. The 10 reduces to a "one", after all... signifies a new beginning and is reflected in the Magician & Wheel of Fortune.

I like this interpretation, it is so true, you have to move on and let go or you'll be forever stressed out.

obsidian_queen

Danger - system overload..

Too many rods in the fire. This is a warning card that it won't be long now; something's got to give. And if the querent doesn't want it to be them, then they best find a way to lighten that load - delegate, ask for help, take a break.

FlyingWitch

For me 10 of w means too many obligations, too many things to be done, a short-minded person, persistence...

Sophie

Sometimes, I see someone who takes on a necessary burden. Not all burdens are "too much". Sometimes, we choose to take them on willingly and - though we feel the burden - we also feel we are doing something good. When we are preparing important exams, or are in the final stretch towards a deadline, or when we are caring for someone who needs a lot of help, out of love.

In other words, not all burdens are equal, nor are all those who take them on equal. We can take some burdens on cheerfully, with love, or because they mean something to us - a better job in the offing, the conclusion of a successful project, the chance to win a competition; or simply, showing love in a way that is needed. In fact, we might not even view them as burdens, though undoubtedly they weigh on us, in absolute terms, and close other avenues as long as we are burdened in that way. For instance, you might be caring for your sick mother and not be able to go out much. But if you choose to do it, do it cheerfully out of love - then who is to say you have tunnel vision, can't let go, are a square and all these negative judgments heaped onto that poor guy who is already carrying so much!

FlyingWitch

willowfox said:
Whats a "short-minded person"?

I would describe him/her as a conservative person, who thinks his/her way is the only way to solve a problem. Someone who's never looking for other options and ways to act , options different from what he/she already knows/does. A stubborn person