I just CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!...HOW?

tarotlyn

Grizabella said:
Calliope is pronounced Cah--lie---o---pee with emphasis on the "lie".

I'm Grizabella because I strongly identify with the old glamour-cat in the play Cats and with the song she sings---Memories ( or Memries it might be pronounced and written---not sure.)

Thank you, Grizabella, for the pronunciation help! :heart:

also...was the "old glamour-cat" in Cats named "Grizabella?"...I love that play
and I think I remember it was her name...but not totally sure...

I was just trying to find Cats on Blu-Ray disk about a week ago...but couldn't...
...so it is probably not out yet...at least on Amazon. Can't wait to see it in Blu-Ray...should be
spectacular!

:heart:tarotlyn

tarotlyn

Mellaenn said:
My name is not related to Tarot. It came totally from my imagination. I wanted it to resemble my regular name (Mary Ellen). It is also as close as I can come to the name of my Spirit Guide, although I think there are lot more vowels...

By the way, it's pronounced like this: Mellah - enn. But you can pronounce it any way you like; I made that up, too...

...Now it makes more sense to me now that you have explained it...thank you, sweetie!:heart:
(it is totally unique!)

tarotlyn

DevilishAngel said:
Mine is not related to tarot. It's a name I use for most things because I feel it described me ;)

LOL LOL LOL and :laugh: ~ at least you admit it! ...some people wouldn't! :bugeyed:

heron

I used to be a poet. The first halfway decent poem I wrote was about seeing a heron from the window of my house & loving the way it seemd to row through the sky and look down as if it had a message for me. So I had kind of adopted the heron as my Totem animal. Also (with a big bony nose and a ponytail and a generally gaunt look) I kind of resemble a heron facially, I think. No real Tarot reference. My friends say if they see a heron they know to get in touch with me or to expect me to contact them.

Good question!

tarotlyn

roppo said:
Mine is from my manga and game charactor "Inspector Roppo", a sort of hard-boiled Hercule Poirot. A really tough-guy with sophisticated sense of classical art and music, all of which I am not. No relation to Tarot, sorry.

...now you've got my curiosity: is your avatar an image of "Inspector Roppo?"
...it is so interesting...and that star on the third eye...love it!

Calliope

tarotlyn said:
Thank you, Grizabella, for the pronunciation help! :heart:

Yes, thanks for fielding that for me while I was away, Grizabella! :D

also...was the "old glamour-cat" in Cats named "Grizabella?"...I love that play
and I think I remember it was her name...but not totally sure...

Yep, yep! I remember seeing Cats for the first time when I was a little one. Getting all dressed up with my little white tights, red shoes, and poofy dress. And Rum Tum Tugger danced right in front of me (no joke, ran off the stage and did a dance square in front of me).

Ah, the Memories. ;) Even to this day, every time I hear that song I start crying...

Sorry, sorry, so OT! But I couldn't resist a chance to reminisce. :)

misfitknits

love this thread, it's very interesting to read the hows and whys.

since i'm new, and my ID has absolutely NOTHING to do with tarot, this thread is a great way for me to introduce myself :)

first of all, i got so frustrated trying to remember a different name for every site i'm on, so a while back i decided to stick with one alias wherever possible!! also, misfitknits stands out here and the name itself tells you a little bit about who i am.

about the actual name: i'm a knitter. i'm big into crafts, knitting, spinning yarn, and almost everything else that falls categorically into NEEDLEWORK. the misfit part came about because EVERY PIECE i knit or make always ends up with some "design deviation" or as most people call them: mistakes. but i tend to leave those design deviations in my finished pieces because i believe it tells a story, and nothing is perfect. one day the thought occured to me that if there was a place for all my finished knitted items to go, it would be the island of misfitknits- like the island of misfit toys in that old school rudolph movie! i fell in love with that notion, and so it was forever more my online alias!!

tarotlyn

Wichasa said:
I am Native American and Wichasa is the name of my spirit guide. He comes through my cards frequently and so I used his name as my AT ID.

...wow...that is so neat :thumbsup:...love that Spirit connection!:heart:

emmsma

My name isn't tarot related. A previous name I used for many years was debzoo - deb is me and I had many pets for many years.

When I sa=tarted a family and my online interests changed, I needed something new. I'm no longer the chic with the zoo.

I'm Emm's ma now. Emmett is my boy. so...emmsma.

tarotlyn

misfitknits said:
love this thread, it's very interesting to read the hows and whys.

since i'm new, and my ID has absolutely NOTHING to do with tarot, this thread is a great way for me to introduce myself :)

first of all, i got so frustrated trying to remember a different name for every site i'm on, so a while back i decided to stick with one alias wherever possible!! also, misfitknits stands out here and the name itself tells you a little bit about who i am.

about the actual name: i'm a knitter. i'm big into crafts, knitting, spinning yarn, and almost everything else that falls categorically into NEEDLEWORK. the misfit part came about because EVERY PIECE i knit or make always ends up with some "design deviation" or as most people call them: mistakes. but i tend to leave those design deviations in my finished pieces because i believe it tells a story, and nothing is perfect. one day the thought occured to me that if there was a place for all my finished knitted items to go, it would be the island of misfitknits- like the island of misfit toys in that old school rudolph movie! i fell in love with that notion, and so it was forever more my online alias!!

...what a cute story that is...and I really identify with you about knitting mistakes myself! EEEKKK...
my poor little doggies :eek:...(in their knitted sweaters I made! :laugh:)

Also...I think a lot of us use the "same" ID for some of our other online memberships,
as you mentioned, because it just makes it so much easier than a bunch of different ids.:)