I just CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!...HOW?

Flaminica

Flaminica is the Latin word for priestess. It's one of two handles I've used since the Usenet days.

yirabeth

About 10 yrs ago I joined a game called EverQuest. I was told by a friend that I couldn't use my REAL name for a character, that was bad! I had to have a fantasy name. YIKES! I don't know how to do a fantasy name!

So I hit a fantasy name generator that generated 50 names at a time. After about an hour of clicking the generate button, reading through the list, going back a page and reclicking the generate button, I happened upon..Yirabeth.

I've been using that name since, and I've never seen anyone else ever use it (probably because it came from a generator?? hehe) If it's Yirabeth on the net, it's me...I've used it for so long, and among people who eventually became "real life" friends, that I answer to it in real life also.

~Yira

Amanda

Wow. I've never realized how dull I was until just now reading through this thread. :laugh:

queenxofxwands

Amanda_04 said:
Wow. I've never realized how dull I was until just now reading through this thread. :laugh:
oh gawd i was feeling the same by the time i got to the second page!
ok so mine is really obviously related to tarot, i put the x's in there just in case it was taken, coz that usually allows you to get the name you want.
Ok, i chose queen of wands because in all tarot decks she seemed to be the one "chosen" for me if you like. I am an aries, i'm a female and i aint that young :D Truth be known tho, i felt like she was totally foreign to me, and since the card had been coming out in all of my readings, i figured it was time for me to really embrace this aspect of myself, and get out of this rut. Using the name helps keeps it in my face, and, its working :)

Crystelle

queenxofxwands said:
oh gawd i was feeling the same by the time i got to the second page!
ok so mine is really obviously related to tarot, i put the x's in there just in case it was taken, coz that usually allows you to get the name you want.
Ok, i chose queen of wands because in all tarot decks she seemed to be the one "chosen" for me if you like. I am an aries, i'm a female and i aint that young :D Truth be known tho, i felt like she was totally foreign to me, and since the card had been coming out in all of my readings, i figured it was time for me to really embrace this aspect of myself, and get out of this rut. Using the name helps keeps it in my face, and, its working :)

HAHAHA you think you're boring...I use my NAME! LMAO!

Altena

I converted to Wicca 8 years ago and as it's quite common for Wiccans to select a magickal name for themselves I decided to follow the trend. To begin with I used the name "Evenstar"(before anyone asks: yes, I was a huge fan of Lord of the Rings at the time), but I wanted something unique that would be special for me.

So: as I was standing in the bathroom brushing my teeth on some random day I experienced a burst of divine inspiration and the name that just popped into my head was Altena. Haven't got a clue where it came from and I've never heard it before, but it had a nice ring to it and I've stuck with it ever since.

Upon googling the name now I figured out that it's also the name of a town in Germany, a hostel in Uruguay and a restaurant in Chattanooga(which scored 4.5 out of 5 stars by the way, so that's gotta be a good sign) :D

JennyNY39

JennyNY39. Mine is so boring! My name is Jenny. I live in NY. And I am, for another month or so, 39! Maybe one of these days i'll come up with something pretty and unusual like all of you :)