Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

Le Fanu

I'm sure you know this already but Pippi only updated the original thread up to post number 21. Everything after that wasn't updated and languishes unseen embedded in the thread.

Here are some images I posted which were never added to the list;

Classical

Crystal Tarot

And more

Ancient Tarot of Bologna

I am about to trim the 2012 Tarot of Ascension. Will post when I finish!

Le Fanu

And a couple more (scans)

Robert Place's Vampire Tarot (removed outer white border and inner border which varies according to suit/majors)

Attachments

• scan0012.jpg
    scan0012.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 833
  • scan0013.jpg
    scan0013.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 750

AJ

I intend to pull everything in the thread forward. It isn't a matter of copy and paste, I have to redo the HTML code for each entry. What is done so far is about eight hours work.

Once I have Pippi's original gathered bits done, I will go through the thread post by post.
It will take me awhile and that is why I volunteered to do it, keep my brain occupied. The big C word only floats across my brain about one in ten seconds rather than every three seconds :)

Thank you for posting your scans LifeIsAButterfly, Legend the Arthurian is one of my top favorites.

edited to add, I will be going back through eventually and adding the artist and publisher, if you all think to add that to your posts when you share scans that would be great.

Lifeisabutterfly

Ooh, neat! I just trimmed my Legacy of the Divine Tarot. It's amazing how much more readable it is for me now. I'll upload pictures later!

Dear Vee
Pleeeease post 'em! I never warmed to CM tarots but perhaps your new trimmed versions will show them in a new light! I am sure they are wonderful!

Lifeisabutterfly

And I wanted to mention to Marianna that I too am trimming my Margaret Petersen but am using a gold tipped acrylic marker to make little titles on the cards (which I wrote in BEFORE trimming!) I wrote them in script and reverted many back to the standard RW--am die hard conservative sometimes! lol. The writing looks lovely on the cards and is very discreet at the same time. I was absolutely amazed when I began to cut the borders of these cards--the pictures which previously had seemed to me like a hodge podge of abstract shards suddenly became actual things and people...my jaw dropped my eyes popped...it was as if I had put on magic glasses!

AJ

Ooo. Please share a couple of scans of those too!

vee

Legacy of Divine Tarot Trim

Here's my WIP on the Legacy of the Divine Tarot. As you can see, it's crooked in parts and some of the black is still showing. I'm taking my time getting it evened out since it's my first trim, but I think you can see here already how it is changed by a trim. When I first got it in the mail, I felt so conflicted. I loved the images online, but the deck didn't feel very magical to me. I did a reading with it, and long story short, I felt like the deck told me that I needed to keep working to try to connect with it. So I tried trimming! I felt like the images got lost in those big black borders and I didn't like the font. Now they pop just as brightly as they did for me online.

Attachments

• IMG_4355.jpg
    IMG_4355.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 941

Cat*

No new trims to share today, but I wanted to say thank you to AJ for all the work involved in copying, updating, and running this thread. It is very much appreciated. :love:

Debra

Oh this is great--I bought gold and silver pens for exactly this purpose but never got around to it--I'd love to see your cards trimmed!

And I wanted to mention to Marianna that I too am trimming my Margaret Petersen but am using a gold tipped acrylic marker to make little titles on the cards (which I wrote in BEFORE trimming!) I wrote them in script and reverted many back to the standard RW--am die hard conservative sometimes! lol. The writing looks lovely on the cards and is very discreet at the same time. I was absolutely amazed when I began to cut the borders of these cards--the pictures which previously had seemed to me like a hodge podge of abstract shards suddenly became actual things and people...my jaw dropped my eyes popped...it was as if I had put on magic glasses!

Lifeisabutterfly

They are exactly the same as the ones posted by Marianne but there is a bit of squiggly gold script on the bottom of each card. Sometimes at a certain angle I can't even see it myself but since I spent so much time with these cards while trimming and the images are now coming through, I can recognize them easily. I thought the script worked better than box letters for this deck--it looks prettier somehow but the pen dried really fast on this type of card stock so I recommend being sure of how you want your titles to be from the get go in case you change your mind.
After I trimmed them I performed a few readings and was impressed by the changes in perception!
I also used my gold tipped for the Lover's Path tarot which was in urgent need of a trim as well but not being well versed on things of romance I couldn't for the life of me identify the majors so that's when I started using the marker and then I went on to use them for some of the minors too--it blends in very well and is sooooo helpful.
I did trim my Stone tarot and could post some scans of that deck if you are interested....is anyone familiar with that deck? It was the first one I ever trimmed and that's what got me hooked! It became very lush and mysterious after it's little trip to the spa...I find this deck a bit underrated, it's not glamorous or flashy but it has it's own private little world going on if you know what I mean. The court cards are actually more interesting than the majors and granted some of the minors are a bit less than they could have been esp. in the suit of pentacles but on the whole, it's a lovely deck to have, the colours are quite deep and textured. The creator of the deck is an artist in her own right...