Would the Magician make a good husband?

Lady Mary

If you just happen to run into a Magician type man, what can you possibly expect of such a relationship? What kind of woman would attract and fascinate him?

allibee

Sounds like a good question to do a reading on and post it on the 'your readings' section :O)

Personally speaking I would expect a silver tongue, and to be charmed off my feet. I may not expect for it to be total sincere though. Depends. Try a reading.

allibee

Emily

Like Allibee,
I think The Magician type would make you wonder what he wasn't telling you, what mysteries would he have, it could be enticing to try and learn his little secrets lol. The shadow side of the Magician/Magus is that he could be a know-it-all and take pleasure in deception.
But everybody has a negative side to them but I too suggest you do a reading and see what comes up. :)

bec

I know a magician in real life.

He is drop dead gorgeous, he know all the right things to say - very fun to see girls and woman drewl all over the floor when they see him.

He lights the room when entering and makes everyone feel like they are the only one there and that he have the honor to be there with them.

Would he be a great husband, well - I think the woman able to live with a man like that, would have to be Empress her self.

He is very hard to figure out, to take seriously - a smoothtalker and a moonwalker.

Personally I don't think magicians would make great husbands, but then - maybe that says more of me than it does the magicians :p

Diana

Depends what you're looking for.

He'd make a great handy-man. Would never have to call in a plumber or an electrician again. Imagine all the money you'll save on bills.

Being an independent kind of guy, he'd probably leave you to be pretty independent yourself - so you wouldn't feel chained. But be warned: don't ask him to give up all his Saturday evenings to be with you. He'll want to go out and have fun with his friends.

He's got a nice sense of humour, and won't make mountains out of molehills.

If he matures nicely, he could be most pleasant to have around. If he doesn't mature, you may be stuck with a little kid for a husband.

temperlyne

hmm I'm a bit confused. What exactly would be the difference between a magician and a king of wands? The descriptions that were given could also point towards a king of wands in my opinion. Both are charismatic fot instance.

cjtarot

HMMM...I'm a bit suspicious..

Hi,

The magician to me is a man who can do everthing, knows the tricks but needs to be the one doing them. Not the type to share the spotlite, his tools, or his knowledge...

If you were just dating, maybe thats ok, but could you live with a man like that?? OH NO.. I THINK I AM.....

One of the thing we have to remember, people are made up of all different parts, charactoristics. If his strongest card charactoristic is the magician and his underlying was the king of cups, then that's a little easier to handle. You would still have to be a very strong person to withstand some of the "I'll do it because I know how and you may get hurt"..believe it or not..that is verry close to what my hubby said when I told him I wanted to use the weed wacker....

NOW, combine the magician and the page of swords...and you get an arragant know it all, who THINKS he knows everything and is more likely to bring down the wrath of the Goddess instead of the Magickal energy he is seeking..

Always look beyond what the world sees. People are made of more than just one card...

Blessings,

CJ

divinerguy

Nope. The Magician is the guy with the $60 haircuts, a very smooth line, who promises to call, but never does.

Women love his approach, but he's as shallow as a Hollywood movie set, and he'll break your heart every single time.

His aspiration is not a long term relationship. Its a one night show, and then he hits the road. Sorry ladies.

Blue Override

Who wants to get married when she could party with the Magician?

All I'm sayin'. . .

Thirteen

Blue Override said:
Who wants to get married when she could party with the Magician?

All I'm sayin'. . .

LOL! Blue Override and Diviner Guy have it right, especially if your Magician is pure trickster. On the other hand, I'm married to a Magician--happily and successfully. If they're a little more conscientious, they can be faithful and even thoughtful.

The real question here, however, is not whether he'd be a good husband, but whether he's the kind of husband you want. To be his wife, you have to want/accept certain things:

1) You have to love seeing him in the spotlight--because that's where he'll be. Always. There's no stopping him from being the center of attention at parties. So you have a choice, be his partner in the spotlight (Queen of Wands), or be his partner behind the scenes helping him to secretly work the tricks (High Priestess).

On the plus side, when you're alone together, he'll always entertain you.

2) You have to love hearing him talk. He'll dominate the conversation. It's not that he won't let you talk, but you have to be happy being the back-up singer at dinners and gatherings.

On the plus side, he'll always win arguments for you. And convince people to do things for you--the Magician always gets star treatment at restaurants, always gets free drinks from bartenders.

3) You can't be threatened by his flirtations--and he is going to flirt. He'll charm, woo, and befriend other women. But I don't think the Magician is always the kind of guy Diviner Guy describes--he can be faithful if you're his real partner, the one he relies on. But he's still going to have women sighing over him, coming back stage to see him, and try to seduce him. Pointless to get worked up about it.

4) You have to like tricks, surprises, even chaos. This is not a man who's going to be home at 6:00 for dinner ever night, or even go to sleep when you do. He won't have a regular job, won't punch a time clock. He likes variety and surprises, not rigid order. There's no telling who or what he may bring home, what he's got planned. Life with the Magician is sometimes stressful, no question.

On the plus side, this is the man who WILL suprise you with a dozen roses or a trip to Paris--and its not even your birthday.

He is clever, he is magical--the most absurd, fortunate, synchronistic things happen to him. He's never dull--but do you want that? All the time? Most women don't--and as Blue Override points out are happier partying with him for a night then letting him go. But then, if he does ask you to marry him--how are you going to refuse?