Japanese Foil Thoth

truelighth

Ok, it took me some time before I actually had some results from the decks. That and a lack of time. I made photo's and they do show the effect a bit. Mainly the effect looks like parts of the cards are iridescent. I tried making a video with my phone, but the result was poor. Worse then the photos.

So I uploaded the photos to my photobucket. They are large, because if you zoom in and look at the details, you can see the foil better.

Enjoy!

Foil Thoth:

Foil Bota:

Gerbear

Thanks truelighth! This is the best view of these cards I've had. Just makes me want them more.

Tanga

No, I am talking about a Kung Fu chick trying to crush my throat.

ER - how did this get to ahhh... Kung Fu Crushing Chick (hah - I wish! :joke: Shouldn't give me any more dreams than my already overloaded imagination can handle. Presently being unwell, I've been absent from KF class for sometime, and expect to be super Kung Fu dumb when I return :( Sigh ).

Ok, it took me some time before I actually had some results from the decks. That and a lack of time. I made photo's and they do show the effect a bit...

Well thank you for your efforts...
Now just DYING to see the real thing somewhere...

Babalon Jones

I am super curious about these cards! May I ask how you acquired them? Someone must have hand made them. I would love to try this someday and am thinking that they were made by applying silver leaf to sections of the actual cards and then tinting it with transparent paint, then laminating them? Actual "tin foil" is too thick, though I have used it in artworks by embedding it in paint, I don't think it would work on cards. Anyway, a fascinating technique that I hope to try someday if I ever have too much time on my hands! (That and my illuminated manuscript, another thing that I need to make time for, someday!) It seems like it would take a lot of time but would be quite meditative. Like coloring your own cards but kicked up a notch!

Samweiss

I am super curious about these cards! May I ask how you acquired them? Someone must have hand made them. I would love to try this someday and am thinking that they were made by applying silver leaf to sections of the actual cards and then tinting it with transparent paint, then laminating them? Actual "tin foil" is too thick, though I have used it in artworks by embedding it in paint, I don't think it would work on cards. Anyway, a fascinating technique that I hope to try someday if I ever have too much time on my hands! (That and my illuminated manuscript, another thing that I need to make time for, someday!) It seems like it would take a lot of time but would be quite meditative. Like coloring your own cards but kicked up a notch!

My buddy makes his own foil cards for card games, and I think the easiest method is to print the cards on some transparent sheet, like film sheet, then just glue them on the shiny surface of the card. The hardest part is probably getting the holographic or metallic layer on the cards. My friend used to acquire old foily Magic The Gathering cards and just rub the ink off using some chemicals.

But there are several ways to make your own foiled cards, like always, Youtube is a great resource for finding out different tutorials how to do this. :)

Also, I must say that both Thoth and BOTA look really sweet as foils!

gregory

They were hand made by Myamo and were up for sale briefly. Sadly not while I (or Gerbear })) was watching. He only made a few.

earthair

Thanks for the photos. :) I was going to suggest you send them to me and I'd take photos :angel:})

Not only is the foil gorgeous, but what a difference black borders make.

FLizarraga

Well, I couldn't see any pictures at all. I do suggest that you loan them to me so I can take photos. :angel:

By the way, your photobucket is a Tarot smorgasbord. The foil Thoth, the foil BOTA, and all those Pam A, B, C and X variants, Roses & Lilies and Peaches & Cream --all those lovely variations on the Temperance card, for instance. I had a wonderful time perusing all those pictures that of course I couldn't see at all. Would you loan them to me as well? :angel: :angel: :angel:

nicky

Ok, it took me some time before I actually had some results from the decks. That and a lack of time. I made photo's and they do show the effect a bit. Mainly the effect looks like parts of the cards are iridescent. I tried making a video with my phone, but the result was poor. Worse then the photos.

So I uploaded the photos to my photobucket. They are large, because if you zoom in and look at the details, you can see the foil better.

Enjoy!

Foil Thoth:

[/UR
[URL=http://s717.photobucket.com/user/truelighth/media/Tarot/foil%20thoth%201_zpscgppsezx.jpg.html]

Foil Bota:

Omg these are gorgeous !

Bluefeet

Charming! Thank you for sharing the pictures.