Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

Little Baron

(Pssstttt....Yep, that's right. They are all gone! I found some of them to be a problem when reading for others, as I also did with the Rohrig. If a querant saw the word 'cruelty' or 'sorrow', as examples, it was very hard to show them any signs or feelings that I had that were possitive about the card. They would be fixed on the negative word. That was one of the main resons why the deck wasn't working for me.

TemperanceAngel

Good thinking 99, I have the same issues with those words, but the colors speak 10 fold to me and I love using them for myself. I find if I pull a card (because the deck is new to me) I really get a message from it quite clearly.
I wonder if Mr. Crowley will haunt any one who cuts his cards? })

Little Baron

You know, I thought exactly the same thing, lol. I am sure he wouldn't mind. That's the thing about doing this. It doesn't suit everyone. But as I said the other day, tarot (and this forum) is not a 'one size fits all' thing. We are all different, and respectively, all have different tarot needs. Any news from Pixie yet? Last I heard, she was chopping away quite contentedly, humming along to Nine Inch Nails.

SongDeva

contrascarpe96 said:
I'm going to make Gardener use them to make little tarot jewelry to hand out to our handfast guests, hehe.

Dan

Yeah, I think I'm all set, thanks.

SongDeva

Yaboot001 said:
Hey Moonbow

I have locked my scissors away. Jack the manequin breathes a sigh of relief and stops holding on to his arms and legs!!

He knows me only too well; the person that if unhappy when getting ready in the morning, without thought, hacks the collar or arm off of a top, hehe.

Moonbow, I will stop now, hehe. But I now have a bootiful little pocket deck that fits into my wallet.

Yaboot (wink!!!)

That's what I like about Yabber...he's such a badass!

Little Baron

Who? Me? (Yaboot winks as he sits in a room full of sawn off sleeves and bits of hacked up trouser bottoms).

xviiirkna

TemperanceAngel said:
I wonder if Mr. Crowley will haunt any one who cuts his cards? })

Nah...I snipped the borders of my Thoth over a year ago and haven't felt haunted by Uncle Al one bit. ;)

Yaboot - the pics of your cards all fanned out look divine! I like the pic where you still had some bordered cards beside those free from the frames - it REALLY does make a huge difference, doesn't it?

Congratulations on another successful borderectomy! (sorry Moonbow!)

If I go searching past threads, did you post pics of your Rohrig (ahem) operation? I'd like to see what those look like sans borders and key words. Hmmmm...where'd I put that paper slicer?

Blessings,
Sally Anne

xviiirkna

Hey Yaboot...I just found your thread on the Rohrig and wanted to let you know that this deck will be my next project. Those cards look fabulous with no border!

Blessings,
Sally Anne

Moonbow

It's no good sending me out of the room Yaboot Scissorhands.......

I know exactly what you are up to. TA... bad girl! bad bad girl!

I actually think Al might like the inspiration of all this cutting, he never was one to abide by the rules was he, but no gateway? How are you going to get in them?

Little Baron

Thanks Sally Ann.

I was so happy with the Rohrig after the cut. It does make such a difference; especially since they are so big anyway, regardless of the removal of the edges.

What size Thoth did you cut? How has it changed your usage of the deck in the last year? Any major differences? What about the gateways Moonbow speaks about? I may no longer have a gate, but I think I am going to enjoy shinning up the wall and jumping straight in.

Good luck with the Rohrig; and thanks for inspiring me to chop up the Thoth!

Yaboot