Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Alchemical Study Group - Six of Staffs

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Alchemical Tarot

Citizen

Leisa 
Citizen

Alchemical Study Group - Six of Staffs

(from the book)

An artisan, wearing a worker's apron, is being honored. He stands on a cloud and wears a laurel wreath. Under his feet are the alchemical symbols for silver and gold. Many torches are held up in his honor. We can only see the arms of the individuals holding them, and they remain anonymous. But when we compare their size to that of the artisan, they seem gigantic, almost threatening.

Tarot wisdom: You receive love in the form of respect and admiration. The success of your project has made you an example for others. This is your moment of glory. However, from the cloud it is a long way down. Don't get complacent; don't rest on your laurels. Fame has its negative side, too.
Top   #1
Citizen

mac22 
Citizen

Good advice.
Top   #2
Citizen

mj07 
Citizen

I get the feeling from this card that the artisan has passed on his knowledge, which is why the crown surrounding him have torches like his own. Makes me think of Prometheus.
Top   #3
Citizen

sapienza 
Citizen

Interesting idea mj07!

To me he seems anxious. Going by the look on his face he doesn't seem to be enjoying his 'moment of glory'. It does feel like a threatening card in some ways. It almost makes me feel like he is intimidated to share what he has created for fear that it will not match up to the expectations or achievements of others. It also seems odd that he is standing on a cloud, certainly not a very stable foundation, at least not at this stage.

I understand the positive implications of this card, but I find that when it comes up I feel more of a negative energy from it.
Top   #4
Citizen

mj07 
Citizen

hmm...interesting. I don't think I've ever gotten a negative feeling from this one. Standing on a cloud, that reminds me of some of the aces from the RWS deck, the divine hand emerging from the cloud to give a gift. I imagine the cloud has some alchemical significance, as does the fact he can miraculously stand on it, rather than falling to his death. I think a person who can manage that trick doesn't have too much to fear, eh?
Top   #5
Transcendentalist

RexMalaki 
Transcendentalist

There are Six Staffs, five of them are being presented as a salute to the Master Craftsman, who holds the sixth staff. The Master Craftsman wears a laurel crown that symbolizes triumph; he has met success. The silver and the gold have been completed, and he looks resolutely towards the flames of the reddening. His shoes rest upon a cloud; so, he cannot stay here. He must move on or risk falling back to the ground, the materialism, where he started. This card is victory, but of a short-lived nature. This honor and respect is not the attainment. He wears his apron because he knows the work continues.
Top   #6

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.