The Best Thoth Deck

FLizarraga

I was sure the Urania-Verlag gold box was OOP, but it is listed on their German website.

Interestingly enough, this gold box edition can found on Amazon US, and the cheapest vendor is no other than Book Depository US, yet it's nowhere to be found at the Book Depository website.

Le Fanu

I was sure the Urania-Verlag gold box was OOP, but it is listed on their German website.
Both of them? There was a standard and a pocket version. I think the pocket version went OOP but the standard is still available.

FLizarraga

Both of them? There was a standard and a pocket version. I think the pocket version went OOP but the standard is still available.

There is only one listing. It says "standard size" (Standardgröße), but the size is rather small at 70 x 102 mm. Though that does fit your description, doesn't it?

Laura Borealis

About how big is the pocket one?

Achlys

I have the purple box edition and I love it. The colors are wonderful and I love that it has the three variations of the Magus card.

sapienza

I love the standard sized 3-magus purple box Thoth which inexplicably vanished a few years ago (luckily I bought three or four of them). I also have a few large Green / 2 of Disk box ones but one is unaccountably richer in colouring than the others and I often reach for that one.
When I recently sold off loads of my decks I decided to get rid of ones I didn't use as well as many of my unused back-ups. I actually sold one of these! While it has been great to cull my collection down, losing this is one of my few regrets. I still have one, but wish I'd held on to the back-up. :(

Laiste

Do you maybe have isbn-numbers from the ones you really like? I'm really confused about which ones are the best... what is the difference between the US games and the AGM muller? there are also from the same color like purple different dates, how do you know where it's been published? in which one are the extra magus cards? etc :p

Thank you very much in advance!

with love,
Sara*

Arnie

The medium and large current US Games editions are printed by AGM in Europe, and sold in a USG box. This funny arrangement has something to due with a rights dispute between USG, AGM, and the OTO.

The pocket sized US Games is printed by USG in China.

978-0-913866-15-3. Large green box, published by US Games, printed by AGM
978-1-57281-510-0. Medium purple box, published by US Games, printed by AGM

EmpyreanKnight

I have the Pocket and the Standard Thoth. Because of the comments here, I guess I'm left with no choice. The Large Thoth just went in my shopping cart, and I hope he gets here soon.

Barleywine

The medium and large current US Games editions are printed by AGM in Europe, and sold in a USG box. This funny arrangement has something to due with a rights dispute between USG, AGM, and the OTO.

The pocket sized US Games is printed by USG in China.

978-0-913866-15-3. Large green box, published by US Games, printed by AGM
978-1-57281-510-0. Medium purple box, published by US Games, printed by AGM

At a meeting on Saturday, I saw a pocket-size Thoth with the AGM imprint on the cards. The images were extremely clear and crisp for such a small deck. The owner no longer has the box, so she had no information. Sounds like it's no longer printed by AGM.