2009 Oracle Monthly Studies

DragonFae

I keep thinking how I need to focus and learn sooooo much...and have fun too of course! So I decided to "organize myself" LOL by picking certain decks for the reaminder of 2009...Subject to change of course...but heres my current thoughts...join me if you'd like ANY or ALL months...or pick your own deck schedule and share it here in this thread!

JUNE 2009: Frouds Faeries (major study)
Alice in Wonderland (minor study)
The Journey Deck (minor study) (my personal deck)

JULY 2009: Inner Child Cards (major study)
LS French Lenormand (major study)
Alice in Wonderland (minor study)
Mexican Loteria Cards (minor study)

AUGUST 2009: DECK I LOVE: The Journey Deck
DECK TO READ: Fairy Tale Tarot (Hunt)
DECK TO EXPLORE: Mexican Loteria
DECK TO REVIEW: Cartomancy (playing cards)

SEPTEMBER 2009: DECK I LOVE: Faeries Oracle (Froud)
DECK TO READ: Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle
DECK TO EXPLORE: Halloween Tarot
DECK TO REVIEW: Fairy Tale Tarot

OCTOBER 2009: DECK I LOVE: Fairy Tale Tarot
DECK TO READ: Halloween Tarot
DECK TO EXPLORE: Wild Wisdom of Faery Oracle
DECK TO REVIEW: Alice in Wonderland Cards

NOVEMBER 2009: DECK I LOVE: The Journey
DECK TO READ: The Sibilla Oracle Cards
DECK TO EXPLORE: Irish Fairy Cards
DECK TO REVIEW: Frouds Faeries

DECEMBER 2009: DECK I LOVE: Froud's Faeries
DECK TO READ: Irish Fairy Cards
DECK TO EXPLORE: EROS
DECK TO REVIEW: Mexican Loteria

I left some To Be Announced slots because I'm sure I'll be picking up new decks here and there along the way...NOW this schedule doesn't mean I woun't use other decks during the month...just that my main focus will be the decks listed...

emmsma

Funny, I just did this yesterday.

July-
Tarot: Estensi Tarot
Oracle: Gypsy Oracle Cards

August-
Tarot: Hudes Tarot
Oracle: Power of the Runes

September-
Tarot: Classic Tarot
Oracle: Jeu de Destin

October-
Tarot: Original Rider Waite
Oracle: Mystisches Kipper

November-
Tarot: Ancient Tarot of Lombardy
Oracle:French Cartomancy

December-
Tarot: Medieval Scapini
Oracle: Mystical Lenormand

DragonFae

Tomorrow is JULY 1st....time for me to switch to the next series:

Inner Child Cards (as an oracle, although I'd like to get into the tarot at some point)

Alice Cards: these are turning out quite fun!!

Mexican Loteria Cards: I've worked quite a bit with these and I used the riddles to develop an intuitive meaning...it changes some in readings but seems to work pretty well.

DragonFae

I ordered the Inner Child Workbook that goes with the deck....it might take a week to get here but I am interested to see what activities they have for getting to know the cards better.

AJ

I think the three of swords on the Inner child deck shows the best intent of any deck I've seen. That mind and heart must be united

Mi-Shell

DragonFae said:
Tomorrow is JULY 1st....time for me to switch to the next series:

Inner Child Cards (as an oracle, although I'd like to get into the tarot at some point)

Alice Cards: these are turning out quite fun!!

Mexican Loteria Cards: I've worked quite a bit with these and I used the riddles to develop an intuitive meaning...it changes some in readings but seems to work pretty well.

Hi DragonFae!
This is sooo funy!
Over here in Ontario we had a realy rainy and cool summer so far and I had a yearning for strong vibraint colours and lots of light. So I pulled out my Inner Child cards and have just finished re-reading the Mayors in the book!
Are you planing to write/ post about your discoveries with the deck here?
I would join in.
I love lore, legends and fairy tales.....

DragonFae

Recently there was a study group going for the Inner Child cards but I haven't seen a post in awhile.......I too love the rich wonderful images of this deck...I'll most likely be posting some of my study with the cards. Even though I use the deck mostly as an oracle not tarot....I may need to post it in the tarot forum since they are tarot cards...

DragonFae

UPDATING HOW the MONTHLY STUDIES are going....

JULY 2009:

Inner Child Cards (major study)..doing great on this one but there is just so much to look at with this deck...I have the workbook and have only barely starting working with it....at the end of July I may decide to keep going with this deck...even if it is just once a week or so...

LS French Lenormand (major study)...again spending lots of time with this little jewel...

Alice in Wonderland (minor study)...haven't played with these in awhile....will try to get some time in with them before the end of the month...going to keep working on them through August too.

Mexican Loteria Cards (minor study)...same as with Alice...was working on posting my meanings....will try to add more on that in the thread about them...

AUGUST 2009:

The Journey Deck (Major Study)..YES I want to work with and on these again...I have the draft copies of the cards but I'd like to put together the final deck...I also need to finish typing up my meanings....I was working on these diligently and then...well....so many decks...so little time!!

Shakespeare Playing Cards (Minor study)....actually I am going to go to my original post and change this to the Alice cards....I need more time with them....the Shakespeare cards can wait....I mean...HE'S DEAD.....so his quotations aren't going anywhere....LOL...LOL....

Mayan Oracle (Minor Study)....this is a deck I got on ebay...have NEVER really used them...don't really click for me...but I'm not ready to get rid of them yet (I feel like I haven't handled them enough to really decide)....BUT again...I'm going to take these off the list for the month and put the Mexican Loteria cards back on for August!!!

emmsma

Haven't seen you around lately. Good to see you back - still at it - workin' hard and enjoying your cards! :)

Life has just been too busy for me to get much time in with my decks. I can only hope that the next month, once the clinic is up and running, will be much smoother and let me have some time back.

I was able to work at my decks for the first week only, but it didn't go as I'd hoped. The Estensi and I did not click - though I do realize they didn't get much of a chance. ALmost put them up for trade, but I will wait and give them a real chance at some point.

The Gypsy Oracle Cards read well, and I do like them, but they started to get all gloom and doom, so I put them away. Too stressed at the moment to listen, so why bother. :p

Here's hoping I can get back to it for August.
Hudes Tarot and The Power of the Runes!

DragonFae

HEHEHE...I had to change my list AGAIN....because the Lisa Hunt deck is out...and in the mail on the way to me....no way I can wait till September to play with it!!