Question regarding clear quartz

Eyebright

Hi everyone,

I'm a newcomer to this part of the forum, and I would like some help from you experienced peeps regarding something that happened to me today with clear quartz!

I have in the last couple of days felt the urge (quite strongly) to start working with crystals, I don't know where it has come from but there you go! Well I have a piddly, small amount of crystals at the moment...one of the things I do have is a smallish clear quartz sphere, that I bought oooh over 5 years ago, with a vague idea I might try scrying with it. I never did and bless it, it has languished in a drawer ever since!

Well I thought today, as it is a crystal I have I would attempt to meditate with it, and see what happened. I'm not much of a meditator either lol. I've been learning tarot for a couple of years, but it is only now I am start to explore of my spirituality.

To start off with I cupped the sphere in my left hand and covered that with my right hand, and I tried to meditate, nothing much happened, but I did feel relaxed and peaceful when I stopped, though my mind was still quite chatty, I found it hard to switch off lol.

I then lay down and rested the sphere on my chest and tried to meditate that way. I felt like I was in a different mind state like this, maybe I was half asleep I don't know, but my arms and actually alot of my body felt "light and glowy" is the only way I can describe it, and tingly. I could hear footsteps come down the hallway to my bedroom and I felt someone touch my arm, and stroke it for a few seconds. I have had this happen before often when I am falling asleep, so that is no biggy, but they felt more "real" this time, the touch felt firmer.
The oddest bit though was I suddenly started vibrating very quickly, which snapped me out of it and stopped. Has anyone else had this happen with quartz? I tried searching the forum, but so much info comes up for quartz I lost the will to wade through it all! It was the oddest thing/sensation, and I have never had anything happen like that before! I'm curious as to what it could be?

Still overall I enjoyed my meditation session, and think it will be something I will carry on pursuing!

wildchilde

Hi everyone,

I'm a newcomer to this part of the forum, and I would like some help from you experienced peeps regarding something that happened to me today with clear quartz!

I have in the last couple of days felt the urge (quite strongly) to start working with crystals, I don't know where it has come from but there you go! Well I have a piddly, small amount of crystals at the moment...one of the things I do have is a smallish clear quartz sphere, that I bought oooh over 5 years ago, with a vague idea I might try scrying with it. I never did and bless it, it has languished in a drawer ever since!

welcome to the crystals and herbs forum! we are always happy to have newcomers share their experiences!!! just a word of caution...I felt the same urge a few months ago and have quickly amassed a small fortune in crystal collection and I am no where near done yet :) I am also now making crystal and gem jewelry for healing purposes. Just a word to the wise: Crystal work is a highly addictive process and we are a highly enabling group!!! LOL ;)

Well I thought today, as it is a crystal I have I would attempt to meditate with it, and see what happened. I'm not much of a meditator either lol. I've been learning tarot for a couple of years, but it is only now I am start to explore of my spirituality.

To start off with I cupped the sphere in my left hand and covered that with my right hand, and I tried to meditate, nothing much happened, but I did feel relaxed and peaceful when I stopped, though my mind was still quite chatty, I found it hard to switch off lol.

I then lay down and rested the sphere on my chest and tried to meditate that way. I felt like I was in a different mind state like this, maybe I was half asleep I don't know, but my arms and actually alot of my body felt "light and glowy" is the only way I can describe it, and tingly. I could hear footsteps come down the hallway to my bedroom and I felt someone touch my arm, and stroke it for a few seconds. I have had this happen before often when I am falling asleep, so that is no biggy, but they felt more "real" this time, the touch felt firmer.
The oddest bit though was I suddenly started vibrating very quickly, which snapped me out of it and stopped. Has anyone else had this happen with quartz? I tried searching the forum, but so much info comes up for quartz I lost the will to wade through it all! It was the oddest thing/sensation, and I have never had anything happen like that before! I'm curious as to what it could be?

Still overall I enjoyed my meditation session, and think it will be something I will carry on pursuing!

my my! that sounds awesome! Definitely continue to work with this little beauty. It obviously has much to share with you! I, of course, don't know for sure, but I would guess that the spirit who touched your arm is a guide for you and they are trying very hard to get your attention :) The vibrations sound as though you were beginning to have an OBE but as often happens the sensation of leaving the body brings on fear (which is a good thing for the inexperienced or everyone would be running around untethered and unable to find their way home!) and you brought yourself out of it. If it is something you want to try I highly recommend studying about OBE first, preferably with an experienced spirit walker. Also, try to engage your spirit guide more directly and ask what it is they wish to show you, where they wish to take you. A note here...I don't know you or anything about you...there is also a possibility that this was not a guide but a spirit who lives in your house or is attached to you that may or may not have good intentions. There's no way for me to know for sure without more insight, so proceed with caution on that issue.

As far as working with the crystal...I would suggest putting it in your peripheral vision to "scry" with as the clear crystals seem to do better when not stared directly into like a reflective obsidian or what not. Of course, what you did seems to have worked pretty well, so there is also no harm in trying that again as long as you feel well prepared for the outcome! :) I hope you will post more of your experiences as this sounds quite exciting!

Eyebright

Thank you for replying wildchilde!

I have thought there was a spirit in the house as I see movement out of the corner of my eye all the time, and as I said in my previous post, when I am falling asleep I often feel a featherlight touch, usually on my forehead like they are stroking it! Also a couple of weeks ago I was sat in the garden early in the morning drinking a cup of tea, when I saw someone wearing a white shirt walk across the kitchen. I live with my bf so I assumed it was him, so I went in to say good morning and found he wasn't even up yet lol :p
Whether it is a spirit or a guide of mine helping himself to a cup of tea I don't know! But I have never felt uneasy, I feel very comfortable in their presence, never frightened or scared.
As for this experience earlier..well yes I will certainly continue to work with this crystal. I also have to confess I ordered some more off a website earlier, so your warning has come too late hehe :p It was a home starter kit or something, it's a piece of clear quartz, amethyst, citrine and rose quartz to promote a harmonious atmosphere in the home. Thought that sounded nice for a beginner to crystals. Was reading the Moldavite thread earlier :bugeyed: will leave that for now!
As for what happened, I did wonder if it was the start of an OBE, I have never done anything like that before, and I have no experience so I'm wary of trying it without someone experienced with me. I have been in this half asleep state before and felt very strange, like I'm falling and again I startle myself out of it. I did wonder whether I was "tuning into" the vibration level of the crystal? I think I have read somewhere they all vibrate at different frequencies?

Thank you for the tip regarding scrying, as I say, I never even ended up trying! Might be something I consider trying at some point.

Also thank you for the warm welcome, I hope to be able to participate in other threads as and when I can! :D

Padma

Hi Eyebright ;) welcome aboard the Crystal Ship lol!

Sounds like you had quite an interesting experience with your clear quartz ;) I have had a "vibrating" or "jittering" feeling with a few crystals - most notably with Alexandrite, Super Seven and with blue Kyanite. All quite "high energy" stones, much as is clear quartz (which is also considered to be a "Master Healer" crystal, like Amethyst and Amber).

Labradorite makes me feel like I am falling at great speeds when I meditate with it ;) it did the same thing to DownwardSpiral, if I recall.

A crystal healer explained to me that the "vibrating" feeling could be the energy of the stone uniting with that of your heart, when I asked her about the Alexandrite doing that to me...she also told me that it was related to "high Chakra" meditations - the Crown Chakra. Which apparently connects you to the Universe, and to your guides...so i can see the stroking being from a guide, though I think WildeC was right to tread carefully on that one, till you know for sure...

There are tons of threads here if you flip back a page or two - we have been doing crystal studies here for a while, with very interesting results. It would be great if you joined us in studying a particular stone's effects on you!

@Wildechild, that is a very interesting tip in regard to scrying - using peripheral vision - I will try that...and also very interesting in regard to the OBE's and the vibrating! Thanks for the info!

Eyebright

Hi Eyebright ;) welcome aboard the Crystal Ship lol!

A crystal healer explained to me that the "vibrating" feeling could be the energy of the stone uniting with that of your heart, when I asked her about the Alexandrite doing that to me...she also told me that it was related to "high Chakra" meditations - the Crown Chakra. Which apparently connects you to the Universe, and to your guides...so i can see the stroking being from a guide, though I think WildeC was right to tread carefully on that one, till you know for sure...

Well I did have the crystal sphere resting over my heart when my body started vibrating, so this could make a whole lot of sense!
I will ask for a message in a dream if the spirit is my guide tonight. I don't know if that will work, but I could give it a try! I really am a newbie at all this lol xD

I will also add something else that happened after my meditation...I can't believe I forgot to mention it! I had leftover pizza as a late lunch after my meditation as I felt hungry and a bit cold. There was a slice left I couldn't manage and I jokingly said out loud in the kitchen, "You can have that slice if you want it!", I then took some ironed laundry upstairs and when I came back downstairs I realised it was gone :bugeyed: I've been home alone today, all the doors and windows were locked so it couldn't even have been an animal...had to laugh, but yeah, I have no idea what to make of that lol :p

Not seen or heard anything this evening though. All is quiet on the western front!

Looking forward to receiving my new crystals so I can participate more in this forum. Really looking forward to learning from you all :)

DownwardSpiral

This is from the healing crystals for you website http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/clear-quartz-crystals.html

Clear quartz will amplify the vibration of other crystals it is used with and amplify your thoughts and may assist you with clearer thinking. Although this stone is usually thought of as one of the chakra stones for the higher chakras... it will aid all chakras. It has a strong resonance, which is why it is commonly used by healers as part of crystal healing. It brings clarity to your communication and it has a positive effect on all chakras as it protects the aura and expands the human energy field.

Even though these crystals may be quite common... many of these stones have a very high vibration. They resonate strongly within the eighth chakra, commonly known as the soul star chakra... and within the higher transpersonal chakras.

The beautiful clear white light of the white ray is your connection to the Divine Mind, and white is the color for the eighth chakra. Using Clear Quartz crystals will assist the higher chakras to emanate white light and aids your connection with spirit.

Something I've noticed in working with the crystals is depending on where they're placed you may or may not pick up their vibration. So it's always fun to experiment with them : )

Eyebright you could always open up a crystal study thread on clear quartz...you don't have to wait for your other crystals to arrive. And I do hope to see you here more to share your experiences...I'm thinking you've done some psychic readings in divination? Working with the crystals will enhance the abilities you have : )

Ok and now I have to look up peripheral vision. I have crystal balls and it seems like it's impossible to get the reflections out of it.Though once I did just ignore the reflections and actually got an image to come through. I find it easier to scry with light solid colors.

And yes hahaha don't be suprised to see your crystal collection grow. Enablers : )

Padma

Well I did have the crystal sphere resting over my heart when my body started vibrating, so this could make a whole lot of sense!
I will ask for a message in a dream if the spirit is my guide tonight. I don't know if that will work, but I could give it a try! I really am a newbie at all this lol xD

I will also add something else that happened after my meditation...I can't believe I forgot to mention it! I had leftover pizza as a late lunch after my meditation as I felt hungry and a bit cold. There was a slice left I couldn't manage and I jokingly said out loud in the kitchen, "You can have that slice if you want it!", I then took some ironed laundry upstairs and when I came back downstairs I realised it was gone :bugeyed: I've been home alone today, all the doors and windows were locked so it couldn't even have been an animal...had to laugh, but yeah, I have no idea what to make of that lol :p

Not seen or heard anything this evening though. All is quiet on the western front!

Looking forward to receiving my new crystals so I can participate more in this forum. Really looking forward to learning from you all :)

WOW! :bugeyed: weird about the pizza! That kitchen ghost of yours has some appetite! ;) lol! Um, in regard to crystals connecting to you - they can even make you feel like you are having a heart attack (though the feeling passes quickly, and you don't have it again with that particular crystal.) Crystals are - odd... and... unkonwn? You really have to just experiment, note it, and carry on to the next. Keep an open mind...and see what happens next! Good luck! ;) and keep us posted! lol!

Eyebright

I did get a palpitations like feeling in my chest at one point, it was a very strange sensation, and I nearly stopped the meditation because of it.

@Downwardspiral- nope I have never considered myself to be psychic, so I have never done any psychic readings, just normal tarot. I usually only read for myself, though I do participate in the odd reading circle. I have had the odd few experiences with "spirits", like in the toilet at work, where I heard someone moving in the cubicle next to mine, but when I came out I found there was no-one else in the toilets lol. I also saw an old man reflected in a window behind me, but when I turned round to ask him if he was lost, there was no-one there! I work in a hospital in the pharmacy, and the Morgue is right below us on the floor below, so I figure it's to be expected you get the odd ghosty floating around!

I think though that I might like to start a study of clear quartz, it obviously is resonating with me. I should also note that I have had a horrible headache for the last 2 days, that I can't shift. Pain relief and massage isn't working :(
Could it be from one of the chakras in my head being blocked, and the quartz working on it maybe???

It is my SIL's 40th birthday party today, so I most likely won't be able to start my study today, I have to go find a new (and cheap) top to wear and help decorate the room, and then of course actually go to the party!

I would like to thank you all for your help and kind words with my experience! Can't wait to see what else the quartz has in store for me :D

Padma

I hope you have fun at your party, and looking forward to seeing what clear Quartz has to say to you. It's one of those stones that I can rarely work with, so I will really benefit from your experiences with it! (as will everyone else too ;) ) And those spirit experiences of yours sure sound interesting!

Eyebright

What do people think regarding my study of clear quartz?

Should I open a new thread for it, or continue with this thread? As this thread already has my initial impressions and experiences with the crystal, and other people have posted some of the properties and uses of the crystal, I wondered whether we should just keep going with things here...

Any thoughts on this anyone? :)