Tower - Death - Eight of Cups

Maggie Bell

Pulled these three cards this morning for my daily "What can I expect today?" reading. I thought about hiding under the covers, but bravely sailed forth. So far, so good. What do you guys make of this combination?

Maggie

Rosanne

Well I am not surprised someone drew these cards. You got The New Pope!!
The Tower -Benedict 16th, 265th Pope = 13 =Death and eight Cups Well the Power is now spent I guess- He has being chosen- Hod is Glory. He sure is moving on. Wish I knew what it meant for you in particular tho :D ~ Rosanne

Maggie Bell

Well, Rosanne ... your take on the cards has me grinning! All those who pulled these cards today, raise your hands!

Maggie

Julien

Oh my! I think I would have told the deck it was wrong and to try again. LOL

Make any great progress today that let you readjust your thinking about something? Mostly that's what I see there -- movement spiritually or in your consciousness of some kind.

Ever wonder if the cards are referring to themselves? I mean, you draw these three magnificent beauties, face your fears they bring and bravely sail forth, change the way you think about these three cards, and then walk away from your old interpretations? Just a random thought...

I don't know, but my daily readings sometimes seem very micro-level in their implications for my life...

Julien

sunflowr

never mind. ;) (why can't I just delete a post? Oh well).

shandar

Electrifying Change, m'dear

Wow, wow, wowee, wow, to use Christopher Walken's SNL creepy bachelor persona.

The tower is about a jolt from the blue, getting a new perspective, dropping an archetype (false front), letting go of something.

Death is change or transmuting, .... the pea vine growing out of the pod... spring into summer

8 cups is about moving on to greater knowledge, even if you liked it where you were (the 8 cups aren't overturned. Obstensibly they are still full-- could be filled with diamonds), but you realized it was better to make a change and move away from the situation.

Say, looks like you, if you are open to it, are in for some insight. Remember, the cards reach into the energy of the cosmos. We can't command them to give us up-to-the-minute info. This information you have gained may be something that you thought two weeks ago and let slide to the back of your consciousness, or is coming up in the near future..... Excepting for the Tower and the Devil, which are Major Arcana cards.

From what I understand, all the Major Arcana relate to major, long-term elements in your life. They may last for months or longer. For example, I am under the influence of the Chariot (I am a Chariot) and the Tower is my teacher card in this life. See Mary Greer's, "Tarot For Yourself," to get additional information on this. The minor arcana cards are just as important, since they guide us in our daily activities. However, their influence isn't as long-lasting, and waxes and wanes over time.

Maggie Bell

Julien

It’s interesting you mention spiritual movement because that’s what I seem to be working on these days. Yesterday passed without incident … no blow-ups of any kind (although I was super alert to my thinking and behavior). So I just don’t know what to think. Perhaps, as you say, facing the fear and going forth anyway was what I needed to do … the cards teaching me a lesson about fear.

Thanks so much for your input!

Maggie

Maggie Bell

Sunflower

Come on ... spill it! What were you going to say?!

Maggie

Maggie Bell

Shandar

Very insightful interpretation … thank you so much!

I’ve been seeing a lot of the Tower card recently, and expect to see more of it, simply because there are major changes on the way at work. The changes are controversial and threatening to many of us; the rumor-mill keeps things stirred up. I have done a number of readings about the situation/people here and nearly all of them tell me that all will be well in the end; the changes are necessary to my growth (painful and frightening though they may be).

I have Greer’s book; excellent and fun! I am a Magician with a Sun personality; the Wheel is my teacher card (an eye-opening revelation … explains so much about my life).

Maggie

Julien

Maggie Bell,

You're so welcome for the itty bitty insight I have... I think figuring out how daily readings should be read can be awfully difficult. I think Shandar's point, though, about the archetypal energy in that reading is really excellent. I also think, especially when spiritual changes are happening, the seemingly smallest thing can have the longest term affect on us. Maybe that, too, could be a lesson in why it showed up in a daily reading -- a small change on a given day can be a dramatic change overtime.

Greer's pretty interesting. Turns out I'm an Emperor with a Fool of a personality, and wouldn't you know -- Death is my teacher. Makes life interesting, and explained so much... I've come to actually like seeing Death in my readings. I sort of look forward to whatever he has for me this time as it is almost always an interesting experience... Though I admit, walking off cliffs all of the time can get a bit tiring some days...

Good luck with all those changes.

Julien