"Blank" cards / cards you can't seem to interpret?

FadeToWhite

I think everyone gets stuck on certain cards at times. I thought it would be interesting to try to help each other out. Read the latest post and give input on what you associate with the cards listed. Then post a short list of your own "blank" cards - the ones you just never seem to see a clear meaning in. The next person reads your list and posts their input...

Example:

Poster 1: I always get stuck on the Four of Wands. Thoughts?

Poster 2: When I see Four of Wands I think initial stability - a first big step towards a long-term goal, like getting your first real job or your first house.
My blank card is Judgment...

And so on. So I'll start. :]

I get stuck on Fives. Wands, Cups, Swords, Pentacles - it seems like in each suit, it's a part of the cycle that I just don't get. What's your take on these cards?

firemaiden

Whoah, there's a pretty broad topic -- I'd say have a look at the millions of threads here on AT for each of those cards.

But I do know what you mean about there being certain blank cards. The way I like to read though, each card is different every time, so any card could be a blank depending on the context.

I recommend a read of Umbrae's essay from his "The Process" threads: the Blank Spot. - regarding these moments of blank.

balenciaga

FadeToWhite said:
So I'll start. :]

I get stuck on Fives. Wands, Cups, Swords, Pentacles - it seems like in each suit, it's a part of the cycle that I just don't get. What's your take on these cards?

Fives are the point where you might want to stop and think first before acting because the energy is unstable and conflicted. 5 Wands could be competition with others for recognition; 5 Cups is stopping to lick one's wounds, to review; 5 SW is when one quits, bails out, to cut one's losses; 5 P is when one has little choice but to stop and recognize the situation cannot be handled without help, that the situation is bigger than what they can handle on their own.
My blank spot happens to be Judgment - I can never apply it to any reading because I have not formulated a personal meaning for this card in any respect...

Maelin

When I think of judgement, I see a push to make up your mind, to use your good sense and achieve a conclusion. If the wheel is the "Fate Card" sometimes stuff just happens, Judgement is a the "karma" card, getting what is coming to you, but taking responsibility to make it happen.

My blind spot is the Lovers - somehow it never means romantic love, there is something a little sad about the card.

satine

Maelin said:
When I think of judgement, I see a push to make up your mind, to use your good sense and achieve a conclusion. If the wheel is the "Fate Card" sometimes stuff just happens, Judgement is a the "karma" card, getting what is coming to you, but taking responsibility to make it happen.

My blind spot is the Lovers - somehow it never means romantic love, there is something a little sad about the card.

I always think of absolution with the Judgement card-- things coming full circle so that you can move into a new cycle with lessons learned and the past forgiven, etc.