The Efflorescent Tarot

daphne

You could have something there... about the decks being to be looked at and not used... the deck is kind of akin to the Robert Place Vampires in size and texture.... if you know that. Quite a brick... bit this is the Tarot Oracle I am talking about not this Efflorescent deck, I just think it will be very similar.

Well, I am waiting to hear what you think of it when you get it.:)

Carla

I'm clearly not the target audience for this deck; it does nothing for me at all. In fact it makes me feel rather impatient, like I'm dealing with a morose 14-year-old, the kind of impatience that makes you want to say, you haven't lived long enough to earn this gloom, get over yourself. Nah, the sad faces just make me feel a bit contemptuous.

Sulis

I think the art style is lovely but I think it's a shame that the Minors are so similar to the images of the RWS.

Debra

What a great devil!

desertrat

I have three words to say to you....

In your basket!!!!

I shall be sending you a bil at the end of the year for all the decks you have enabled me to purchase! You were my very first enabler on AT....!!!

Who me? })

I consider it both my duty and pleasure as an AT forum member to share the joy with all. :angel:

SixDegrees

I received mine! When I noticed on Etsy that the artist and I lived in the same city, I asked her if there was any way I could buy the deck locally (and save the $7 shipping). She was kind enough to invite me to her studio today and allowed me to purchase the deck in person. I bought the B&W version because I thought the detail of the pen drawing would come through better without color. I was correct--the art is really striking and quite worth the price. The cards are large without being unwieldy. I remarked earlier in the thread that the images appeared a bit sad when I looked at them online, but I don't get that impression as much looking at them in person.

I would imagine by the looks of it that it will be the same as the Oracle Tarot by Lisa Chow.... the cardstock is highly laminated and slightly home printed and laminated looking.

I own the Oracle as well, and while you're right that the decks share similar presentation and size, I regret to inform y'all that the Efflorescent is completely unlaminated. The card stock appears sturdy, but there's definitely a papery feel to them. I'm not sure I'll actually use mine for readings for fear of destroying them (which is a pity--I really wanted to read with these!). For me it will be a wonderful little art deck.

I mentioned to the artist that a small conversation had been started about her work here on Aeclectic, and I encouraged her to pop over here. Here's hoping she does!

Winterchild

I received mine! When I noticed on Etsy that the artist and I lived in the same city, I asked her if there was any way I could buy the deck locally (and save the $7 shipping). She was kind enough to invite me to her studio today and allowed me to purchase the deck in person. I bought the B&W version because I thought the detail of the pen drawing would come through better without color. I was correct--the art is really striking and quite worth the price. The cards are large without being unwieldy. I remarked earlier in the thread that the images appeared a bit sad when I looked at them online, but I don't get that impression as much looking at them in person.

I own the Oracle as well, and while you're right that the decks share similar presentation and size, I regret to inform y'all that the Efflorescent is completely unlaminated. The card stock appears sturdy, but there's definitely a papery feel to them. I'm not sure I'll actually use mine for readings for fear of destroying them (which is a pity--I really wanted to read with these!). For me it will be a wonderful little art deck.

I mentioned to the artist that a small conversation had been started about her work here on Aeclectic, and I encouraged her to pop over here. Here's hoping she does!

How awesome that you got to go to the studio! I actually think I would like the cards better unlaminated :)

desertrat

OH! I am sooo jealous...I am awaiting my deck in the mail. Too bad the cards don't seem durable. I will be extra careful with mine, and yet still find a way to use them. :)

Bhavana

It looks pretty, but not so much that I feel I have to have it....$30 is more than I'd want to spend on it, especially if it is not laminated.

truelighth

What a wonderful find. Lovely. I definately want to get a copy. But now I am stuck, do I want the B&W or the colour version... decisions, decisions...