Lenormand - Treppner Course

faunabay

I got mine extremely quickly too. I think I got it within a half hour from payment!! Iris is very speedy! I loved it!! Next to waiting!!

And yes, it is quite lengthy. And very informative too. I like it alot and am finding it exactly what I need to learn with!! It's great!

Oh, thanks for clearing up my mistake Astraea. You are exactly right. It wasn't 74 euro, but dollars. :*

olivia

I got mine too!, and yes, Iris is very speedy and friendly! I'm looking forward for starting, I love it.

Soothsayer

Does the Treppner course require a specific Lenormand deck? I have the Mystical Lenormand deck and was wondering if this is suitable.

Gavriela

No, but it's illustrated with the Blue Owl, and it may help you to have either that or another deck that has the playing card insets. But it doesn't make a great deal of difference. Lenormand isn't like tarot; in Lenormand there's simply a card image (slightly different art styles from deck to deck, but nothing too shocking), but the Ring is always the Ring, the Clouds always the Clouds, the Moon always the Moon, and they're always the same number card within Lenormand, as well as same playing card suit and rank, regardless of the deck you use.

In other words, if you can learn to read one Lenormand, you should be able to read any of them. I dislike the Mystical, but a lot of people like it, and there's no reason not to use it if it suits you.

Soothsayer

Thank you for the helpful reply. Incidentally, what is it you dislike about the Mystical Lenormand?

Soothsayer

Well, I ordered the course last night and received it within 90 minutes of clicking on "pay now". Excellent service from Iris!

You get a total of seven PDF files, which includes one file containing well over a thousand combination meanings. The seven files come to 140 pages in total (2.57MB in size). I've only a had quick scan through it so far, but it looks very comprehensive indeed. The translation is not perfect, but more than adequate and I can't wait to get started.

Nina*

It's a lovely course and in my opinion so much better than many books out there.

I hope you'll have fun with it. :)

Gavriela

Soothsayer said:
Thank you for the helpful reply. Incidentally, what is it you dislike about the Mystical Lenormand?

I dislike it because it's over-illustrated. Again, it's a personal thing, but look at the two attached pix - both taken from modern decks, and maybe you'll understand.

Both cards are the Ring, which one is easier to see?

Attachments

• der-ring.jpg
    der-ring.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 25ring.jpg
    25ring.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 197

AJ

If anyone is finished with their Treppner materials I'd like to purchase it/them.
I no long use PayPal, but can do a trade (I have a list in that forum) or can do Amazon credit.

I'm using a Lenormand for the first time this week and enjoying it very much.

Thank you for the comparative Ring card scans Gavriela.

Soothsayer

Gavriela, yes, you are right about the Mystical being "over-illustrated"; my initial thoughts on seeing the deck were the same. However, the cards have grown on me and I now like them very much. The illustrations have a certain fairy tale quality about them, which appeals to me. But yes, it is a personal thing and very subjective. Each to their own.

Anyway, back on topic; I am really enjoying the Treppner course and I'm glad I decided to take the plunge and order it. I hope things continue to go as well as they are right now.