Favorite & Least Favorite Fey

missmezzo

Apologies if this has been asked before....

What is your favorite and least favorite fey card?

Mine:

Favorite:
Ahh, so many to choose from. But today, I think I'll go with The Sun. That fey looks so content sitting in the wheat field with the golden sun shining down on him. I'd love to join him. I think this fey depiction truly captures the meaning of the Sun card.

Least Favorite:
The four of pentacles puts me off. That fey sitting on the big coin just looks so zoned out.

Others?

missmezzo

lunalafey

OHH, good thread

let me see......I did this once before but as a reading where one chooses 7 fav & 7 least fav...but that was then & things change...

I really like the World, Strength, 8 of Pentacles & the Wisest....right now he's my fav.
Judgement can give a feelings of woe..... but right now, I'd rather not see the 9 of swords come up in a reading.

Genna

My choice for favourite cards stands between Justice,and The Hermit.I´ll go with the Hermit today.Those impossible stairs of his makes the card even more interesting.He shines a light on all the little forgotten creatures acting as the guide he is(a big soul,a mentor for the undeveloped souls).He is anxiously searching for forgotten wisdom,but it is within his reach...He has a worried look on his face that I like in a Hermit;a man who understands he really knows nothing,like Socrates,because he is truly wise.

My least favourite card is The Emperor,looking so stern.The Empress´s unicorn is with him,but he pays it no attention.I really like his throne in the sky though.If he only looked a little less strict,more like the wonderful King of Swords...

missmezzo

Hi again -

Lunalafey -
re: your favorites - it is hard to pick just one, huh ;-). I too love "The Wisest" - so much better than most of the hierophant cards you see out there.

I find "The Judgment" card a very interesting interpretation of this card. Not sure how I feel about it. Haven't really had it come up in any of my readings. She does seem a bit exhausted, and defeated, huh?

genna -
ah, interesting choices. I would prefer the fey hermit to look a little less lost and fearful, but I find the Escher (sp?) stairs fascinating.

You're right - the Emporer is little stern - that's my complaint about him in most decks. Thanks for pointing out the Empress' unicorn in this card - I never made that connection! I do like the book's interpretation of the Emporer - how it stresses the importance of his union with the Empress.

missmezzo

missmezzo

genna said:
I´ll go with the Hermit today.Those impossible stairs of his makes the card even more interesting.He shines a light on all the little forgotten creatures acting as the guide he is(a big soul,a mentor for the undeveloped souls).He is anxiously searching for forgotten wisdom,but it is within his reach...He has a worried look on his face that I like in a Hermit;a man who understands he really knows nothing,like Socrates,because he is truly wise.

I went back and reread your take on the hermit. Even though he's not my favorite, I really appreciate your view on him. Very insightful.

missmezzo

Alta

Not sure about favs and not favs. I find the 5 and 7 of swords to be the most chilling depictions of those two cards that I have ever seen. Which is not to say that I don't like them. They are truly stunning re-interpretations. Also the 2 of swords. Anyone watch Sailor Moon? Ever think of Haruka when you look at the Two of Swords in the Fey.
With the Fey, I have the most problem with some of the court cards. The Queen of Pents for example, while a charming card, does do not justice to that queen's qualities imo.

Melissa`

I pulled out my neglected set of cards this morning and began sorting through them. When I came across the Queen of Wands. There is no doubt that this is my fav card in this deck. Yet at the same time, I can't exactly put into words the feeling the image portrays to me.

As for the queen of pents, I have to agree with Marion. Everytime I look at this card my mind says "page of pents.. err.. queen.. " .. Its a nice card but not for the queen.

~ Amaya

ladycheryllynne

I just got the deck last night and I've been with it on and off all day. I can't make a sound judgement of fav or least fav at this time, but so far I felt drawn to the 7 of swords immediately. First of all I like the power of her large sword. Next I like the colors and the way she blends into her atmosphere. One thing I think lots of us have to learn to do in this life!

The Tower is kinda blah. I haven't studied the major arcana yet, so I don't have an understanding of the meaning as of now, but the card reminds me of the Wizard of Oz, with the house pulling up off the ground and spinning out of control into the sky.

I really can't say that I dislike any of the cards. The Feys are all so different, and yet special in their own way. Like us folks I suppose! Even the not so pretty ones have something neat about them.

This deck is going to require a little more thought and practice before I can give readings, but I do have to comment that I can feel this deck is going to be most enjoyable to me!

lunalafey

ladycheryllynne said:

I really can't say that I dislike any of the cards. The Feys are all so different, and yet special in their own way.... Even the not so pretty ones have something neat about them.

Welcome to the Fey study group lady-lynne!
as for the disliking the cards- so true! It was not an easy task to pull 7 cards I liked the most & 7 cards I liked the least (according to mood) when I first got this deck....
LOL- off and on for days when I first got the Fey. Even with a bunch of new decks to play with, I still spend quite a bit of time with them.

Shapeshifter

Fey Tarot

Hey, I just got the Fey Tarot a few days ago

I dun have a favourite Fey card but I have a least favourite one, that is the Fool. The eyes kinda freak me out

but on the whole I really like this deck, because its much more happier than my old deck.

I hope I can learn more about Tarot from u guys

thanks