6 of Pentacles as feelings

ana luisa

I wanted to reply to this thread because the 6 of pentacles has been stalking me for a while and the forum was so helpful. I finally understand what this card means (for me at least). And it's basically what you've all said in many ways. This is just my experience of it as far as feelings go. I received this card both as my feelings and his feelings so I was stumped for a while.

The one giving may feel burdened and wish someone could give to them and the one taking feels unwanted and wishes they didn't have to beg, that they had something to give. None of the people are actually focusing on the other, they are more so focusing on their own "plight" in relationship to the other. So the giver isn't looking at the beggar and thinking negatively of them, they think the beggar is lucky to just sit there and receive. People care about him and he just soaks it all up without having to worry about the sacrifices it took for it to get to him. The beggar is thinking how lucky is this rich man, he never needs to ask or receive while the beggar does. The "rich" man has so much to give and he chooses when and who to give to.

This came about in a relationship where I felt like the giver, and he was the taker but it could be seen both ways where I felt I was wishing he gave to me while he just stood there and gave his time elsewhere. We were both trying to be seen as an equal by the other and both felt "neglected" whether giver or taker. He was thinking she is stable, she has unlimited resources (energy, affection) so she gives me of her time, but she needs no one, she's not impressed with me, what more can I possibly bring to her life, why bother when I have other areas in my life where I am valued and can give energy to. I was thinking I hold him to high regard and am lucky to know someone like him. He is self made while I'm stable because I have my family. I wish he would reciprocate and give his time/energy to me. I could give my time to anyone else but chose him because I do need him in my life.

At the end of the day it is equal. Both people can give and take equally and have the capacity to but they don't realize how equal it is and how much they are both needed and wanted by the other, that they are both giver and receiver in a way and that they both have a lot to bring to the table.

So feelings wise, the person feels they need you in some way, they value your presence, whether to give to them or because they may want to spoil you, but they think you either don't need them, won't give to them, or don't appreciate them. So they may simply try to stay away so you don't see them as needy, or they'll go somewhere else where they feel needed or appreciated.

Brilliant definition! Thank you for sharing ! :)

Lilmz84

I got the 6 of Pents in a one card reading about feelings and found this thread. Elizav, I love your interpretation, it's so spot on for the question I was asking. Thank you.

hermit-IX

One person has seen something in the other that has struck a chord with them, something that nobody else has seen in that person.

Middy

this resonates to my situation, could you elaborate a little on what you meant.

Marsy

I wanted to reply to this thread because the 6 of pentacles has been stalking me for a while and the forum was so helpful. I finally understand what this card means (for me at least). And it's basically what you've all said in many ways. This is just my experience of it as far as feelings go. I received this card both as my feelings and his feelings so I was stumped for a while.

The one giving may feel burdened and wish someone could give to them and the one taking feels unwanted and wishes they didn't have to beg, that they had something to give. None of the people are actually focusing on the other, they are more so focusing on their own "plight" in relationship to the other. So the giver isn't looking at the beggar and thinking negatively of them, they think the beggar is lucky to just sit there and receive. People care about him and he just soaks it all up without having to worry about the sacrifices it took for it to get to him. The beggar is thinking how lucky is this rich man, he never needs to ask or receive while the beggar does. The "rich" man has so much to give and he chooses when and who to give to.

This came about in a relationship where I felt like the giver, and he was the taker but it could be seen both ways where I felt I was wishing he gave to me while he just stood there and gave his time elsewhere. We were both trying to be seen as an equal by the other and both felt "neglected" whether giver or taker. He was thinking she is stable, she has unlimited resources (energy, affection) so she gives me of her time, but she needs no one, she's not impressed with me, what more can I possibly bring to her life, why bother when I have other areas in my life where I am valued and can give energy to. I was thinking I hold him to high regard and am lucky to know someone like him. He is self made while I'm stable because I have my family. I wish he would reciprocate and give his time/energy to me. I could give my time to anyone else but chose him because I do need him in my life.

At the end of the day it is equal. Both people can give and take equally and have the capacity to but they don't realize how equal it is and how much they are both needed and wanted by the other, that they are both giver and receiver in a way and that they both have a lot to bring to the table.

So feelings wise, the person feels they need you in some way, they value your presence, whether to give to them or because they may want to spoil you, but they think you either don't need them, won't give to them, or don't appreciate them. So they may simply try to stay away so you don't see them as needy, or they'll go somewhere else where they feel needed or appreciated.

Love it!