How do you read Nine of Swords with The Devil together?

WalesWoman

How would you interpret Nine of Swords and The Devil in terms of feelings?
I haven't read other responses but will. My first thought is not so much worried about addictive behaviors as Anxiety IS the addictive behavior... sort of the Woody Allen type, fretting about fretting, worried about everything to the point where it controls everything you think or do. Allowing your fears to get the better of you to the point where it is obsessive/compulsive.

But I don't think that is what you were asking, it was probably about someone's feelings for someone else... in that case it could be also feelings of anxiety, fear of being controlled by something that feels good but is not good for them. I think they might fear losing their freedom.

Kgirl

I haven't read other responses but will. My first thought is not so much worried about addictive behaviors as Anxiety IS the addictive behavior... sort of the Woody Allen type, fretting about fretting, worried about everything to the point where it controls everything you think or do. Allowing your fears to get the better of you to the point where it is obsessive/compulsive.

But I don't think that is what you were asking, it was probably about someone's feelings for someone else... in that case it could be also feelings of anxiety, fear of being controlled by something that feels good but is not good for them. I think they might fear losing their freedom.

That makes sense

Thank you for your insight WalesWoman. Yes I could see fear of losing their freedom for sure especially because Knight of Cups was the other cards (Mods: sorry I am not trying to bring the whole reading here and not asking for an interpretation of this :) )

Amanda

Let's give another point of view on the 9 of Swords/Devil.

I would give more weight to the Devil because it's a Major, so these two give the impression then of "falling back into" something... like a drug addict who has been having withdraws, there is both relief (ill-dignified 9) but perhaps disdain with dependency on the drug (Devil).

So, for feelings- I'd say someone is relieved to have the comfort something/someone negative brings them... maybe even, they actually believe this "comfort" is a good sign that they are on the right track, but... they're probably not.

Kgirl

Let's give another point of view on the 9 of Swords/Devil.

I would give more weight to the Devil because it's a Major, so these two give the impression then of "falling back into" something... like a drug addict who has been having withdraws, there is both relief (ill-dignified 9) but perhaps disdain with dependency on the drug (Devil).

So, for feelings- I'd say someone is relieved to have the comfort something/someone negative brings them... maybe even, they actually believe this "comfort" is a good sign that they are on the right track, but... they're probably not.

That's just added another potent level to this and also exemplifies the hole this person is in ... thanks Amanda!

SunChariot

How would you interpret Nine of Swords and The Devil in terms of feelings? I am really stuck on this one!

Firstly I see them as ill-dignified with Air and Earth together so they tend to take on more of th reverse qualities? Would that be right?

Nine of Swords reversed I've seen as depression or bordering on and The Devil reversed is like possibly setting yourself free from some sort of dependency or obsession.

I don't know how to marry these two together though? Could it be the come down from an addiction? Could it be a strong sexual attraction being effected by worry and anxiety?

Any help would be appreciated :)

For me, and we all read differently, the 9 of Swords-taking or needing a time out to deal with your thoughts or your way of thinking--to come to terms with it. the way I read Swords aer about our thoughts and way of thinking and the 9's refer back to The Hermit.

The Devil, for me, is about feeling drawn to do something that is probably not in your best interest. being tempted to do thsi kind of thing.

Together to me the cards would be saying that the way the persoin is thinking about a specific sitiaton or in general is leading him way form the best path for him, tempting him off it. He;she needs to stop and take a good look at the way they have been thinkign about it all and see where they are being tempted to do what is not best for them....and to self-correct...If I explained that well, hope you know what i mean. LOL

Babs

Kgirl

For me, and we all read differently, the 9 of Swords-taking or needing a time out to deal with your thoughts or your way of thinking--to come to terms with it. the way I read Swords aer about our thoughts and way of thinking and the 9's refer back to The Hermit.

The Devil, for me, is about feeling drawn to do something that is probably not in your best interest. being tempted to do thsi kind of thing.

Together to me the cards would be saying that the way the persoin is thinking about a specific sitiaton or in general is leading him way form the best path for him, tempting him off it. He;she needs to stop and take a good look at the way they have been thinkign about it all and see where they are being tempted to do what is not best for them....and to self-correct...If I explained that well, hope you know what i mean. LOL

Babs
Thanks Babs I think I understand ... for me the presence of the 9 of Swords strongly suggests this person knows they are on the wrong path but is struggling to fight the demons that control him