Gonna learn Thoth if it kills me - Majors

nicky

Goal this year is to feel as comfortable with the Thoth as I do RSW type decks... so with that in mind I am going over every book, post and card with a passion..

The Fool. What the freak is the little triangle on the right side of the card title? I have the Aleph on the left, but the triangle is making me nuts. Also, anyone got a clue what the flower type dealio is below the Fools spread legs?

Do what thou wilt and all that jazz,
Nicky

cardlady22

Isn't it a symbol for the element of air?

link removed due to Geocities closing

nicky

D'oh...yes thanks!!!!!

I had thought that initially but air has a line though it...perhaps the GD drew it differently as this one looks like a triangle inside a triangle.. so I didn't want to assume...

I will take your word ... there are so many symbols on these cards I am almost afraid to over analyze them ...

thankie

cardlady22

You're welcome! And don't feel bad. There are so many variations of glyphs used in the old texts, as well as the websites.

As far as the specific GD versions, you'll have to ask one of the posters from that forum section. I don't know much about them.

GeorgiePorgie

Duquette says (about the flowers) that "hangs the benediction of three flowers in one"

Not sure what that means...

Not sure about anything really.

But it's fun looking at the cards and seeing stuff you didn't see there before, huh?

Abrac

Hi nicky,

I think the flowers are intended to symbolize the feminine in contrast to the masculine sun covering the Fool's genital area.

Grigori

nicky said:
I had thought that initially but air has a line though it...perhaps the GD drew it differently as this one looks like a triangle inside a triangle.. so I didn't want to assume...

Yeah, its the air glyph. Just an alternate way of drawing it. The line version is more common I think.

ravenest

GeorgiePorgie said:
Duquette says (about the flowers) that "hangs the benediction of three flowers in one"

Not sure what that means...

The 'chakra' that relates (or feeds) the sexual centre is actually three chakras that make up one. The basic difference in the psychic body of men and women (in this area) is that 2 of the the three are are pretty similar but the third is different. Crowley decribed the male one as being full of short active lines or bars, red and black, moving in agitation and they seemed 'angry'. The woman was different but in the centre but had a different extererior or outer zone as well. A type of fuzzy wall that broke down and apart and and allowed outside influences into the middle (during menstruation).

More than likely I'd say that's what AC was hinting at. ... Unless Frieda just decided to add some nice flowers ? ;)

ravenest

Oh yeah ... Hi Nicky, welcome to Thoth zone.

nicky said:
Goal this year is to feel as comfortable with the Thoth as I do RSW type decks...

Oh ... you never get THAT comfortible with it :laugh:

nicky

ravenest said:
Oh yeah ... Hi Nicky, welcome to Thoth zone.

Oh ... you never get THAT comfortible with it :laugh:

You got that right LOL...

I actually took a one day seminar with Lon Milo DuQuette on the Thoth and it has helped alot ...at least in preparing me to know how little I know. ;)

Thanks for the chakra information! That flowering deal was making me wacky.

Nicky