Perpetual bad news

SunChariot

Also, you mentioned how to prepare for the house burning down (or something along these lines). I understand you want to safeguard for bad news, but the more risks and challenges you see in life, the more there actually are, because that's what you'll notice. When the house didn't burn down, you'll think it's because you took all the precautions - what if it wasn't in a risk in the first place and you worried for nothing? Just food for thought.

I found this really deep. It really touched me and helped me. I want to thank you for it. :heart:

Babs

Ace

I seem to have inadvertently poked something sensitive with this question and I apologize; this was never my intent.

Actually, you created a WONDERFUL discussion topic that has everyone very engaged. This was a great question and a wonderful thread.

But Saskia has brought up a very important point: do you believe that you are destined to live out the future you see? I would find that very depressing to believe I was fated to actions that I may not want. Myself: I believe that the future is ours to create so all I can see in the cards is INFORMATION the querent may find useful. So if the cards say, watch for this or that, I take it as a WARNING not as gospel truth. And work with it accordingly.

When I was just a beginner, I read for someone who was thinking about trying to buy a house. I kept saying, "watch out for creative financing." The house buy (a friend of mine) called a few days later. The seller had tried to convince her to use his brother to give them a secondary loan to cover the part they could not get a mortgage for. So he could get the price HE wanted for his house. My friend started to laugh to herself saying, "Barb was right!" They did not buy that house.

I did NOT see that they would be stuck with a bad deal, they did not feel they were FORCED into a bad deal. But forewarned was forearmed and they were not swindled. THAT is what tarot is good for.

barb

nisaba

Would you keep reading tarot if all it ever told you is that you are going to fail, no matter what you do?

I can't imagine any card-combination that would tell me that. Usually they warn me of problem-areas. Look to the very same cards: within them is the seeds of their own repair: advice about what you need to do to avoid the problem or lessen the problem or recover from it afterwards. I can't think of a single so-called "bad card" that doesn't tell you how to get the best out of the situation no matter how poor it is.

Zephyros

I can't imagine any card-combination that would tell me that. Usually they warn me of problem-areas. Look to the very same cards: within them is the seeds of their own repair: advice about what you need to do to avoid the problem or lessen the problem or recover from it afterwards. I can't think of a single so-called "bad card" that doesn't tell you how to get the best out of the situation no matter how poor it is.

Very good advice. It's like asking how many times you should allow a baby to try to walk and tumble over before you forbid it from walking ever again. The answer is, of course, that the baby will try to walk and fall again and again until it succeeds.