Sexual dream: Ace of Wands - Six of Cups - King of pentacles

kika_meow

So I had a sexual dream about a friend and I asked the tarot why (maybe not the best way of structuring the question, uh?) and in the line for "forces within me" I got:

A of W - 6 of cups - King of Pents.

Which I kind of interpreted as a new creative force rising within me (the ace) filled with nostalgic feelings (6 of cups) about this King of Pents. But the guy I dreamt about is not a KoP at all, he's more like a Knight of Wands or Swords. So I'm still wondering what does that king wants to tell me about my dream. Any clue, ya'll?

Adriana

Agree on the ace, new creative force. But are you attracted to this man? If you are the ace could just show that.
King of P can be that you find him as reliable, mature and or physivally attractive. The 6 of cups could mean he makes you feel at ease and comfortable. Dreams can sometimes pick strange people, but it could mean a quality about him that you want or need more of.. so then you "blend" with him

Rallwedd

6 of Cups

Hello Kika

I see the 6 of Cups as being about age reversals, like someone acting like they are more experienced or someone acting like they are more innocent than they are. It is definitely a "something not right here" card in a romantic reading, I think. Just saying!

Rhosyn

Ruby Jewel

So I had a sexual dream about a friend and I asked the tarot why (maybe not the best way of structuring the question, uh?) and in the line for "forces within me" I got:

A of W - 6 of cups - King of Pents.

Which I kind of interpreted as a new creative force rising within me (the ace) filled with nostalgic feelings (6 of cups) about this King of Pents. But the guy I dreamt about is not a KoP at all, he's more like a Knight of Wands or Swords. So I'm still wondering what does that king wants to tell me about my dream. Any clue, ya'll?

I agree with Rallwedd on the 6 of Cups.

Thirteen

Moderator Question: Full reading?

Greetings Kika, were these the only cards you pulled (these three) in answer to your question? We just want to know if this was a full reading or if this was part of a larger reading.

Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

Tabitha

I always think of the King of Pents as a more of a solid, practical sort--like a dad, or a boss, or perhaps a long-term partner, when the relationship is on a firm foundation. Not really a "new lover" type. I guess, if I were reading for someone, I would say this suggests caution--this guy/friend fires your imagination, but part of you doesn't want that excitement in a relationship. This part wants protection, stability, the kind of security a child has in a happy home. If he's not that type of guy, perhaps he's not what you need now as a lover, but he may be just great as a friend.

kika_meow

Agree on the ace, new creative force. But are you attracted to this man? If you are the ace could just show that.
King of P can be that you find him as reliable, mature and or physivally attractive. The 6 of cups could mean he makes you feel at ease and comfortable. Dreams can sometimes pick strange people, but it could mean a quality about him that you want or need more of.. so then you "blend" with him

I agree that in dreams all the elements represent a part of ourselves, so the dream may just be indicating that I see myself as this cards show, and I really like your interpretation since I do feel attracted and even though I don't think he's mature or reliable, I think he's damned handsome and I like his style, so in that way he could be a KoP, since I like how he dresses and admire his work. I'd also agree with you on the 6 of cups but the people below said it's more a card of feeling "uneasy".

kika_meow

Hello Kika

I see the 6 of Cups as being about age reversals, like someone acting like they are more experienced or someone acting like they are more innocent than they are. It is definitely a "something not right here" card in a romantic reading, I think. Just saying!

Rhosyn

Well, it's not exactly a romantic reading, it was just a sexual dream. But I can relate that with what you say about 6 of W being about something not being what it looks like. So maybe it just emphasizes the fact that this fantasy is just that, a fantasy?

kika_meow

Greetings Kika, were these the only cards you pulled (these three) in answer to your question? We just want to know if this was a full reading or if this was part of a larger reading.

Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

No, this was just a part of a larger reading. I pulled 8 more cards, but this combo in this position was difficult to interpret...

kika_meow

I would say this suggests caution--this guy/friend fires your imagination, but part of you doesn't want that excitement in a relationship. This part wants protection, stability, the kind of security a child has in a happy home. If he's not that type of guy, perhaps he's not what you need now as a lover, but he may be just great as a friend.

Thanks, this made me understand a lot about that King of Pents. I learned from this dream that in my conscious everyday life I repress my attraction for this friend. But the dreams are an outlet for the unconscious mind to reveal all that is stuck in there. The card might be telling me that I want to see him as this King, not necessarily that he is this king.