7 of pentacles as outcome

BrightEye

would that be a good thing? i'm not sure what to make of this card. i'm thinking of it mainly in the RWS tradition, which indicates letting things grow by themselves - ie not interfere for a while. the card that sticks most in my mind is that of the druidcraft tarot. a man is cutting mistletoe in a winter landscape. winter is also a fallow period. you can't do anything to help things grow.

any more ideas?

Summersweet

I see the 7 of pentacles in the outcome position as probably meaning you need to let things grow and look what has been achieved so far, maybe one of reflecting, waiting, patience, reviewing what stabilty has been created so far

BrightEye

Summersweet said:
look what has been achieved so far, maybe one of reflecting, waiting, patience, reviewing what stabilty has been created so far
thanks summersweet (what a sweet name!). in my desire to control the situation and steer it towards a certain outcome i easily forget to remember what i have. is it a good card though i wonder?

trixiebee

Whenever I get this card, I take it as telling me to be patient and wait for the seeds I've planted to grow. I have done what I can and leaving well enough alone is the way to go at the moment. Good or bad? Hmmm, as usual, what other cards are around it?

BrightEye

trixiebee said:
Good or bad? Hmmm, as usual, what other cards are around it?
for example, temperance in the near future position, which i see as two things/people/whatever coming together (in this case after a period of change).

GoddessArtemis

I got this same card last night as outcome for a relationship spread. That's frustrating to me. I don't want to wait and see. I want to know NOW. :D But it seems it is not to be. I do think it means either waiting to see what grows, or just cutting your losses...if nothing will grow further. I imagine that's where the 'wait and see' comes in...you can't cut and run just yet, in case there's something yet to be cultivated.

GA

star-lover

you've done all you can, you've done all the right things, it's out of your hands now is what this card says to me
you are not getting results, answers just yet - you are eager but you still have to wait - reminds me of the hanged man card in some ways

LOL GA
i want to know now! sometimes however hard we try we just WONT BE GIVEN THE ANSWER NOW - hey, reminds me of another major - the High Priestess!

anyhow I think you deserve a pat on the back with this card because you have put in the hard work into whatever it relates to - well you will just have to wait and see if you did/were right, wrong, etc

frustrating is an understatment lol

GoddessArtemis

star-lover said:
LOL GA
i want to know now! sometimes however hard we try we just WONT BE GIVEN THE ANSWER NOW - hey, reminds me of another major - the High Priestess!

frustrating is an understatment lol
Oh don't bring up the High Priestess. She comes up often enough and she won't tell me a thing!! I've had some moments with that particular lady! Though..she did help me out last week..told me to wait a situation out and boy was I glad I did.

But 7 of Pentacles is SLOW. It's Pentacles, you're waiting to see if something will slowly grow..it's like watching paint dry! :D But seriously, yes, all the work has been put in, and now is time to see if something will grow or not. If yes, then you can reap the benefits..and if not, cut your losses and move on.

Wait and see (bah!)...

GA :p

BrightEye

thanks GA & star-lover.

yes, i very much want to see results NOW. but i gladly take the pat on the back.

star-lover said:
you've done all you can, you've done all the right things, it's out of your hands now is what this card says to me
i think that hits it on the head.

when's the waiting and seeing going to be over?

starrystarrynight

Raising my hand here...I am ever the impatient one, too--and I get this card a lot. :D

I think the main thing (as everyone here has basically said) may be that you're focussing on the bottom line, and a watched pot never boils. Maybe it's saying you should try to walk away and give it a rest...and then deal with it at a later time when you may be able to see clearer if it has reaped what you thought you were sowing. [As hard as that is to do!]

I also try to remember when I get this card that tender vegetation can be over watered and over fertilized to the point of killing the plant that you so want to see flourish. I've destroyed more houseplants with root rot by killing them with kindness (too much water). This Seven of Pentacles, I think, reminds me not to do that. Back away a bit to live and let live.

Edited to add:

So, as an outcome card, it may just be a reminder that for the scope of this particular reading, the outcome is that there is no outcome yet--the thing is still growing at it's own pace. In that way, it would give me the feeling that, as I said in my last paragraph, this card might be a reminder not to try to control that which you cannot control. It won't help things...and may harm them unwittingly.