8 of pentacles

Sushi

How would you interpret the 8 of pentacles as the outcome of a relationship spread?

WolfSinger

I see the 8 of pents as about setting things into order. So in this case it could indicate entering into a formal or legal relationship. Which could be a marriage or business partnership, or just a setting down of rules about the relationship.

WalesWoman

It might be repetitious patterns, doing the same thing again and again, either repeating behavior from previous relationships and never changing the way one does things, not making adjustments, but expecting things to be in one particular way
or
better, not giving up when something is flawed, but learning from mistakes and trying again until you get it right.

Bridget

I think 8p could also mean one partner is focusing on work or other practical matters, so the relationship is on the back burner.

Another possibility is that the relationship is going to require some serious effort. Which is not a bad thing - anything worthwhile requires effort. I think sometimes people get so caught up in the hearts and flowers, though, that they forget relationships, like any other real world thing, require maintenance and practice.

Finally, 8p is also about prudence. It suggests the querent is approaching this relationship cautiously, and may even be in it because it's a safe match or something.

Grizabella

As the outcome, I'd say it means that the relationship was based on down-to-earth, everyday things. That nothing really flowery, romantic or passionate was a part of it. Sex, of course, would be a part of the relationship because pentacles does include sexual things, but I'd say that it never did materialize into anything hot and steamy. I'd also say that the relationship had required a lot of work to keep it going.