tower as what attracts people to each other

BrightEye

is this what i think it is or are there other possibilities? there's also the idea of new thought patterns, making each other think outside the box as they say.

Simone

This might be something unconscious.

A mirror image: the mirror that reflects how we see life.

If the one who got the tower in the reading recently came out of a bad ending relationship, they might be attracting similar patterns to confirm their belief that they can't have a happy relationship, for example.

In this case I'd see it as a warning to watch closely for similar patterns and to make sure their personal histroy does not repeat itself...

YDM42

Wanting relief of some kind or the end of other relationship-since the tower also implies ego, perhaps they both feel a deep desire to be of service to one another.

starrystarrynight

Bright Eye said:
is this what i think it is or are there other possibilities? there's also the idea of new thought patterns, making each other think outside the box as they say.
Sure, I could see the sexual side to this attraction. ;)

But it could also be that they each see the other as someone who enlightens them in a surprising way--or challenges what they think they believe, which can be refreshing...which is sort of what you said.

memries

One of my Archetypes is Rescuer. (This would come from Tower experiences).
I quote from the book Sacred Contracts:

"The shadow Rescuer often surfaces through a romantic connection in which one party seeks to establish an intimate bond by lending emotional support, with a hidden agenda that assumes the rescued party will return the Rescuer's romantic feelings. Such romances are destined to fail, because the Shadow agenda has to keep the "rescuee " in need of being rescued, lest the Rescuer lose her significance".

This exact thing happened to me in my marriage of one year ! Neat Huh ?
Now I know why it really fell apart from a symbolic point of view.

It certainly followed a recent Tower experience for him as he was a widower and I a widow. We had a lot in common, at least I thought we did but there was no give and take. I got tired after a while. I am ok now and happy I left.
He married again right away and now she has left him so maybe it was not all me. Something said to me, "Go now" so I went !!!!!!

Heavensent

I believe in this instance that what attracted them was a sudden force of attraction they weren't expecting surging with adrenalin, speed, drama and thrill. There is no serenity at the moment everything is up in the air, but they are both fated to live out an unsettling romance unless something else more stable happens. It's like a taste of danger. In a case like this I would equate it to a roller coaster at the peak and it just started to roll down at a very high speed. You all probably get my drift now (LOL).

Apollonia

Of course sex, but...

Sometimes I think the Tower as the attraction indicates that relationship situation I've been in (so I imagine others have been there, too) wherein, upon encountering something that looks a lot like a gasoline-filled lake, I just kind of have the urge to light a match.

star-lover

Heavensent said:
I believe in this instance that what attracted them was a sudden force of attraction they weren't expecting surging with adrenalin, speed, drama and thrill. There is no serenity at the moment everything is up in the air, but they are both fated to live out an unsettling romance unless something else more stable happens. It's like a taste of danger. In a case like this I would equate it to a roller coaster at the peak and it just started to roll down at a very high speed. You all probably get my drift now (LOL).

i agree with this
i take this card as a very refreshing one in that the 2 people concerned are being taught something new which may be a little uncomfortable at the time and they dont know if they can do it, whats wrong with their lives, what is weighing them down, whats stopping them from moving on, - this card IMPELLS to make changes, a nice impetus overall - dont mean to sound too sugery cos it can be a rude awakening soemtimes but ultimately you do go along with it and in the end glad you did because you find some freedom from it

Grizabella

memries said:
One of my Archetypes is Rescuer. (This would come from Tower experiences).
I quote from the book Sacred Contracts:

"The shadow Rescuer often surfaces through a romantic connection in which one party seeks to establish an intimate bond by lending emotional support, with a hidden agenda that assumes the rescued party will return the Rescuer's romantic feelings. Such romances are destined to fail, because the Shadow agenda has to keep the "rescuee " in need of being rescued, lest the Rescuer lose her significance".

This exact thing happened to me in my marriage of one year ! Neat Huh ?
Now I know why it really fell apart from a symbolic point of view.

It certainly followed a recent Tower experience for him as he was a widower and I a widow. We had a lot in common, at least I thought we did but there was no give and take. I got tired after a while. I am ok now and happy I left.
He married again right away and now she has left him so maybe it was not all me. Something said to me, "Go now" so I went !!!!!!

I can agree with this.

My thought was similar---that what can draw two people together--or throw them together---is tragedy or disaster. Either personal tragedy or disaster or else one on a more major scale that involves more people, like an earthquake.

Boy, was I ever a rescuer, too! I've also been a victim needing rescued, I think, but that didn't work very well because there must not have been many rescuers within my reach. :p The rescuer syndrome is usually a big part of a dependency relationship.

BrightEye

these are all great replies! thanks. you live and learn. that's why AT is so good - more heads to help you think.

Apollonia said:
Sometimes I think the Tower as the attraction indicates that relationship situation I've been in (so I imagine others have been there, too) wherein, upon encountering something that looks a lot like a gasoline-filled lake, I just kind of have the urge to light a match.
maybe i live a sheltered life, but i'm not sure i've been in this kind of situation before. unless perhaps you explain to the innocent what you mean